Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:25:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Accept BTC and Doge for Custom GPU Rigs for Local Pickup - Chicago, IL USA  (Read 448 times)
arthurdent6 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

Greetings fellow Bitcoiners!

I have been a crypto-enthusiast for going on a year now and I am ready to offer my services to the community. I have two GPU rigs running at the moment on Scrypt coins, and I am willing to sell the rigs I have in hand, or build and sell custom rigs. I am in the Chicago, IL, USA area.  For now I would rather not try to deal with shipping.  I'm asking for $1.10 per kh/s for the miners I have in hand, or $1.25 per kh/s for a custom built miner. I'm more than happy to accept BTC or Doge as payment!

Professionally I am a career educator, so I am very patient and willing to sit down with you if you are unfamiliar with crypto and explain how everything works. I will make sure that the miner I sell is configured right and ready-to-hash, and I will explain to you how to use it and how to keep it running right.  I have mined scrypt coins on several different types of cards using both Linux and Windows OS, I have mined BTC using ASIC hardware, I have managed exchange accounts, qt-clients, and a futures account on ICBIT. So basically I have some knowledge and expertise I am willing to share with anyone who is interested and willing to invest some money with me for hardware.

I think that GPU rigs are still a very good investment in crypto for two reasons. At the moment the scrypt coin economy is pretty stable. 1,000 kh/s will get you the equivalent of 0.010 - 0.015 BTC/day depending on which scrypt coin you choose. There are several coins that give at least this good of a return, which is great on its own. But then add the fact that GPUs can be resold for a very good portion of the original value, and that a mining rig can be re-purposed as a workstation or gaming rig. Personally I think I can offer a really good value, and if my apartment were rated to deliver more electricity without overloading my circuits, I would be building and mining off of more cards myself.

I am also willing to change crypto to USD in small transactions in-person, either buy or sell, up to $1,000 USD.

I know that the chances are slim that I will find potential customers advertising here. I will be running an ad on my local craigslist and maybe other places if I find them. I want to build a solid reputation that people can trust me with in-person buying and selling, and paying up front knowing that I will deliver custom built rigs. Hopefully when I have some positive transactions people can post their feedback here for the community to know that I am not a scammer, just an enthusiast who likes building custom rigs and wants to support the crypto-economy and make some money like everyone else.

Thanks for reading and happy coining everyone!
arthurdent6 (OP)

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:54:52 PM

Reserved - will possibly update with rigs I have on-hand for sale and pricing
farkedup

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

I would start by listing specs and pictures. If you are one of those milk crate guys don't bother trying to sell those as mining rigs.

Personally I build floor to ceiling wooden racks and wire up new circuits for my customers. I haven't quite perfected everything yet because it is hard to get a steady enough supply of any particular parts. I'm in SW MI. I might hit you up sometime when I'm cashing coins out. My personal rig is only about 15Mh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: