Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Huntercoin is currently undervalued and possible 500% to 1200% R.O.I.  (Read 1441 times)
xxeyes (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:07:37 PM

I believe Huntercoin is significantly undervalued and I think you will come to the same conclusion if you look into the coin for yourself.  The reason for this is simply that it is very new and few people know about it yet.  I hope that this post will encourage you to review the resources, invest in and begin playing Huntercoin so that it may start to see the growth that it deserves.

Before you read further, take a quick look at http://www.huntercoin.org so you can get an idea of what this coin is about.  It is something completely new and different - a human mineable cryptocurrency.  90% of the coins are mined by players in a virtual game world that resides within the blockchain.  The other 10% are machine mineable (duel algorithm SHA256 and Scrypt, both of which are merge mineable).

It is currently ranked #61 on coinmarketcap.com with a market cap of about 570 BTC (currently about $325,000).  Consider the innovation of this coin in comparison to so many other copy/paste coins.  For the first time, people who cannot or do not want to invest in mining hardware can mine coins by expending their own time/effort playing the game.  This is revolutionary!  At very least, I think this coin deserves to be ranked on coinmarketcap.com in the low twenties to high teens.  This move would represent an increase in value of between 500% and 1200%.  Also, since this increase in value will be based on the quality and features of the coin rather than hype, I expect Huntercoin will retain its value and continue climbing, unlike a pump and dump coin.

It is also worth noting that coins are released quite slowly (one block of 10 every minute), so it currently only needs a 24 hour volume of 12 BTC to retain its value.  Huntercoin has been dropping in price recently because it hasn't been achieving this meager volume, simply because so few people have heard about it yet.  This will easily be achievable once the word is out, especially when it gets on a larger exchange, like Cryptsy.  I hope this post gets the ball rolling.

Now that you know, do your research and verify the math yourself.  I think you will find that Huntercoin is currently one of the best investment opportunities.

Live Game Map View: http://www.huntercoin.info
Forum: http://www.huntercointalk.com
Exchange: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_huc
baka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:25:44 PM

Did they fix that atrociously slow wallet?

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
xxeyes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:33:06 PM

The wallet is very slow to download the blockchain and synch when you first open it, but in all other respects it operates fine.  I believe the Namecoin wallet, from which Huntercoin was extended has the same issue.  It is annoying, but manageable.  I understand from the website that a lite version of the wallet is in development.
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

Sad that the dev died for this coin  Sad

Does that effect future development? I know he was talented (creating two of the most unique coins)

Producer
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:18:18 PM

The wallet is very slow to download the blockchain and synch when you first open it, but in all other respects it operates fine.  I believe the Namecoin wallet, from which Huntercoin was extended has the same issue.  It is annoying, but manageable.  I understand from the website that a lite version of the wallet is in development.

I was considering an investment, but reading the thread makes me pretty nervous.  Sounds like a lot of issues with both the wallet and game recently.

xxeyes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:39:17 PM

Sad that the dev died for this coin  Sad

Does that effect future development? I know he was talented (creating two of the most unique coins)

Yes, it is unfortunate.  I'm just an enthusiast, not a developer, but from what I've read Snailbrain and others are actively continuing development.  I don't think Mikhail's death changes anything.

http://huntercoin.org/information/mikhail-sindeyev/
xxeyes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:44:57 PM

The wallet is very slow to download the blockchain and synch when you first open it, but in all other respects it operates fine.  I believe the Namecoin wallet, from which Huntercoin was extended has the same issue.  It is annoying, but manageable.  I understand from the website that a lite version of the wallet is in development.

I was considering an investment, but reading the thread makes me pretty nervous.  Sounds like a lot of issues with both the wallet and game recently.

It is a bit complicated to get started, but not more so than most other coins in my experience.  The only thing out of the ordinary I had to do to get the Huntercoin client working was add a .conf file with additional nodes, which is detailed here: http://huntercointalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=52.  I have only spent a few hours playing around in in the game, but I haven't had any issues thus far and I'm not very savvy at these types of things.  I suspect the problems are from a vocal minority.  I suggest you try running the client and decide for yourself.
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:18:52 PM

I personally dont have any interest in playing the game.  What are the issues with the wallet currently?  That would be my primary concern, other than who is going to take over the development of the coin and participate in the thread now that the primary developer has passed away.

xxeyes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:48:43 PM

I personally dont have any interest in playing the game.  What are the issues with the wallet currently?  That would be my primary concern, other than who is going to take over the development of the coin and participate in the thread now that the primary developer has passed away.

I'm not sure what the issues are (besides an annoyingly long initial blockchain download/synch), as I haven't had any.  As far as I'm concerned, there aren't any issues, just user error.  I believe there was a hardfork a few hours after launch and people had issues because they weren't using the most up to date client.

Snailbrain appears to be the primary developer now.  I think he was involved from the beginning of the project, but I'm not sure and I don't know how many others are involved.  MithrilMan is working on an updated client with additional features.  I'm not connected with the project in any way.  I just discovered it here on bitcointalk a few weeks ago and took an interest in it.  Everything I have written in this thread was gathered from my own research.  I was obviously concerned when the news of the primary developer passing away was released.  It's a setback, I'm sure, but the project is definitely still moving forward.
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:55:21 PM

I'm not sure what the issues are (besides an annoyingly long initial blockchain download/synch), as I haven't had any.  As far as I'm concerned, there aren't any issues, just user error.  I believe there was a hardfork a few hours after launch and people had issues because they weren't using the most up to date client.

Snailbrain appears to be the primary developer now.  I think he was involved from the beginning of the project, but I'm not sure and I don't know how many others are involved.  MithrilMan is working on an updated client with additional features.  I'm not connected with the project in any way.  I just discovered it here on bitcointalk a few weeks ago and took an interest in it.  Everything I have written in this thread was gathered from my own research.  I was obviously concerned when the news of the primary developer passing away was released.  It's a setback, I'm sure, but the project is definitely still moving forward.

Thanks.  I appreciate the detailed response!

xxeyes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 09:57:43 PM

Thanks.  I appreciate the detailed response!

No problem!
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:29:19 PM

Coin connected to a game is a good idea but this doesnt mean that huntercoin will make this.
Show me a coin which is usable in any really played game like WoW gold, WoT gold, WT Golden Eagles (...) and it will skyrocket. However no marketing department of any these games noticed that yet  Angry

In Pump and Dump we trust.
xxeyes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:27:23 PM

Coin connected to a game is a good idea but this doesnt mean that huntercoin will make this.
Show me a coin which is usable in any really played game like WoW gold, WoT gold, WT Golden Eagles (...) and it will skyrocket. However no marketing department of any these games noticed that yet  Angry

Yes, I agree, a coin connected to a game that already has a massive following could be huge, but I think it would be difficult to implement.  Huntercoin works because, as far as I understand, the game states, players - everything is encoded in the blockchain.  I wouldn't necessarily call Huntercoin fun (though it can be).  Movement and actions are transactions, which update frame by frame with the mining of new blocks every minute.  It is something best played passively, in the background while you work or surf the internet.  The game aspect is more of a vehicle for realizing the concept of human mining, which works brilliantly.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:30:14 PM

Huntercoin is a great idea but the game attached and the implementation are both underwhelming. Call me when a game with the popularity of Candy Crush or Angry Birds is attached to a coin.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
opusdigitus

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:31:55 PM

Prices are artificially low right now because the main dev died.  Snailbrain is more than capable enough to continue developing the coin, and is patient enough to not sell out to the crap exchanges, which is why I bought 2800 HUCs right now and am holding for the long term.
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

I too bought few coins and holding long term as a homage to the dev's contribution to cryptos.
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:13:44 AM

I have heard humuors about this coin being added to bter in chinese forums. Can anyone confirm it.
signingoff

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:46:12 AM

I have heard humuors about this coin being added to bter in chinese forums. Can anyone confirm it.

Not yet.
dealwithitdoge

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:37:34 AM

Only 10% of the coins come from actual non-human mining?

What's to stop someone from buying metric fucktons of really cheap laptops and running an automated program to play the game for them?

(legitimate question... i'm curious and have not experiemented with this coin yet. but it seems very easily manipulated by people with programming experience.)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:05:39 AM

(legitimate question... i'm curious and have not experiemented with this coin yet. but it seems very easily manipulated by people with programming experience.)

Welcome to online pirate money or all types and styles!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: