Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:55:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk - Please act now!  (Read 3021 times)
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:14:51 PM

Is it possible that some new rules are implemented so that people cannot launch a coin from bitcointalk before they deliver proof who they are:

I would suggest:

1. Passport/ID (copy needs to be send to Bitcointalk)
2. Address (copy of billing address needs to be send to Bitcointalk)

Maybe some more suggestions from the community? We have been scammed by several people, and when people know the name of the coin owner then he will not make any mistakes as they will find him. We are talking here about real money, and miners/investors need some protections. There will be always scammers, but with now rules altcoin business will look much better later on...

InsanityDev

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:17:16 PM

Is it possible that some new rules are implemented so that people cannot launch a coin from bitcointalk before they deliver proof who they are:

I would suggest:

Maybe some more suggestions from the community? We have been scammed by several people, and when people know the name of the coin owner then he will not make any mistakes as they will find him. We are talking here about real money, and miners/investors need some protections. There will be always scammers, but with now rules altcoin business will look much better later on...

I don't think it's fair to ask this of bitcointalk mods, unless they are happy to do so.

For what it's worth I personally did this when launching my currency with trusted members of the community like escrow.ms and VIPs like augusto croppo, some coin holders, and also the exchange it trades on. If I try anything shady all my personal details including drivers license with my home address is released to the community  (Escrow.ms, August Croppo, NWO, Poloniex Exchange, Cryptsy Staff).

So, good idea, and decent developers will already do this.

markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:19:03 PM

I would suggest:

I don't think it's fair to ask this of bitcointalk mods, unless they are happy to do so.

For what it's worth I personally did this when launching my currency with trusted members of the community like escrow.ms and VIPs like augusto croppo, some coin holders, and also the exchange it trades on. If I try anything shady all my personal details including drivers license with my home address is released to the community  (Escrow.ms, August Croppo, NWO, Poloniex Exchange, Cryptsy Staff).

So, good idea, and decent developers will already do this.

I think it shows honesty, and legitimacy, yet Bitcoin was created by someone anonymous also. No reason to create more regulation.

CatCoinForums

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:19:50 PM

This would just cause even more hassle for the bitcointalk staff.. Including signs of Fraud.. people using different passports which dont even belong to the user.. This is not a good idea.
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:20:43 PM

I would suggest:

What are you, The FEDs?

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:27:58 PM

I would suggest:

What are you, The FEDs?

No, but if people are real honest then they will just put this information available... people that has question around it, are maybe people that have something to hide.

I think it shows honesty, and legitimacy, yet Bitcoin was created by someone anonymous also. No reason to create more regulation.

Is that not what they all try want to do, get Bitcoin more regulation so that it can be used as a real currency, are am I talking bullshit here? Smiley

xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:28:33 PM

I would suggest:

What are you, The FEDs?

+1  Cheesy
rmines

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:29:04 PM

No need to implement these measures - 90% of all conversations here can happen anonymously.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:31:17 PM

This would just cause even more hassle for the bitcointalk staff.. Including signs of Fraud.. people using different passports which dont even belong to the user.. This is not a good idea.

What happened with Stackcoin is fraud, what happened with Pandacoin is fraud. Look i didn't invest in those coins as it already look like fraud coins, but it is really sad to see people losing a lot of BTCs because of those coins. BTCs that they could have used for real coins that add value to the altcoin business, now coins like Stackcoin and Pandacoin is destroying the business.
rmines

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:32:16 PM

Same can be said for scammers and ponzi's.
People need to judge for themselves who they can trust and who they send their money too.

markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:34:58 PM

Regulation - The replacement for common sense!

ahnonamis

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:35:15 PM

Or you can, you know, stop spending money buying into pre-launch IPOs of coins if you aren't perfectly willing just throwing that BTC away.
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:35:50 PM

I think some rules would indeed be good.

Example: During the MAxCoin launch the wallet was not working, etc... I believe at moments like that bitcointalk should close this thread down until the team or person responsible for his/her coin gets everything sorted out again.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:37:29 PM

So basically the reaction are negative, but everybody want to take necessary steps against Mtgox because they know who to blame...they have a name...but scammers of coins, they can continue scamming because nobody knows who they are? So basically what people are saying here is, hurry make a coin, type a nice text around it, ask community money and then run away with there money....
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:43:19 PM

So basically the reaction are negative, but everybody want to take necessary steps against Mtgox because they know who to blame...they have a name...but scammers of coins, they can continue scamming because nobody knows who they are? So basically what people are saying here is, hurry make a coin, type a nice text around it, ask community money and then run away with there money....

i really hate to say this dude... but its always your own choice to get into a coin or not... on the other hand... i do think some "rules" would be nice... but the thing thats going to happen next will screw us all... devs will post the thread somewhere else... not here... and we'll all be late Wink
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

I would suggest:

What are you, The FEDs?

+1  Cheesy

Ooo, Bitcoin Police is here
rmines

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:43:51 PM

At least those guys just disappear, instead of making statements containing delays after delays after delays Roll Eyes

flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

Or you can, you know, stop spending money buying into pre-launch IPOs of coins if you aren't perfectly willing just throwing that BTC away.

Exactly my point. There's no need for more regulation. Let a thousand flowers bloom. Just use common sense and stop buying IPOs and premined coins
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:46:36 PM

i really hate to say this dude... but its always your own choice to get into a coin or not... on the other hand... i do think some "rules" would be nice... but the thing thats going to happen next will screw us all... devs will post the thread somewhere else... not here... and we'll all be late Wink

If you buy into a premined coin and get scammed, its your own damn fault. Everyone here has already warned you about buying into premines.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:47:46 PM

INDEED, you're right, they will post it somewhere else, but then you are already warn, why don't they post it here, mmm, check what they need to do, mmm, they don't want to give their name, mmm, smell bad.... and nobody will mine it.

100% correct : IT IS OUR OWN CHOICE TO GET INTO A COIN, no question about that, but adding some rules can help for all parties. For the coin, for the miners, for the investors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: