Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investors! What do you Invest in? The project or The token  (Read 417 times)
dadatosin01 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:35:28 AM

Hi Everybody here.

I have seen many investors complain here and on telegram about the token price going down after ICOs as soon as the token hit an exchange, even when the actual project they invested in hasn't be release. Investing in project mean you are interested in the project and you want to be part of it. So It will important that investor should at least give the project sometime to succeed before complaining about the token price. 3 years to 5 years is not too much for an investor to give a project to succeed.  Even Bitcoin as project itself during its 10 years has seen many ups and downs, only the true investors that believes in the bitcoin project are as successful  as bitcoin  today.

That is why i want to ask investors here. What they really invest in? The Project or The token.  I will like everyone opinion here and i will like to learn from you guys also.
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:39:58 AM

When investing it is a good idea to check the roadmap. You will find basic information there when the team is planning certain achievements and if most of the action will take place in 2019-2020 for example you should be patient and wait it out.
matej krkic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:46:37 AM

The project of course, this is the only way to make a lot of money and help good projects to develop. And all my investments are for long term, at least 2-3 years.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:54:41 AM

You have answered your own question in your topic. Here the majority invests to multiply their investments. If you say that everyone complains that the price of tokens falls after the ICO, then, accordingly, everyone will invest in the project. There are cases when after the release of the tokens the price increases sharply, as they are in great demand from those investors who did not have time to buy at the ICO. After some time, the price falls and is very low.
puttkim

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:02:06 AM

The claim that valuable coins need to pass the test of time is very correct. But currently, only BTC can do this. In addition to BTC, I don't think there are any coins worthy of my adventure, especially those tokens.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:05:47 AM

The project or the token? Usually we are talking at the same things. If you say project tokens or altcoins, i will say 50/50%.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:15:29 AM

I only invest in the projects I believe in. I don't invest blindly, without doing any research. Doing the opposite you will most surely lose money, unless you are a lucky guy who wants to gamble. Smiley) The crypto space is still in its infancy and we should treat it like an huge opportunity to make a change in our lives and also make a better world by contributing to worthy projects.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:22:18 AM

Depends of you want a good long term hodl like with LISK where the project is good and has great long term potential. Or if you want a shitcoin pump and dump trade where you can find lots on Yobit for some fun token trades
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:25:14 AM

when I invest in ICO, I have to know their Road map, sometimes my investment in ICO has no guarantee of time, you have to be patient with the project, sometimes the ICO works for a long time, as an investor you have to understand this, there is no success in a short time.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

Too many people who are only concerned with making a few bucks by buying Tokens at a discount in the Presale and then dumping them as soon as the project is listed on exchange and then repeating the process with the next project. I invest in the project and as long as the people behind the project keep meeting their milestones in the development of the project I will continue to hold.

Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:42:51 AM

Your question makes me ambiguous. But in my opinion, if they (investors) are complaining about the falling prices after ICO before the product release, that means they choose to invest in token instead of the project. I imagine that because they are only thinking about the price of a token in the market instead of the product.
Quadrant75

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:44:02 AM

I hate to admit it but i am in for the short term where in i will gain from my investment when it hit the exchange. That is what we are all here for, to gain profit.
dongoofy

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:53:52 AM

Hi Everybody here.

I have seen many investors complain here and on telegram about the token price going down after ICOs as soon as the token hit an exchange, even when the actual project they invested in hasn't be release. Investing in project mean you are interested in the project and you want to be part of it. So It will important that investor should at least give the project sometime to succeed before complaining about the token price. 3 years to 5 years is not too much for an investor to give a project to succeed.  Even Bitcoin as project itself during its 10 years has seen many ups and downs, only the true investors that believes in the bitcoin project are as successful  as bitcoin  today.

That is why i want to ask investors here. What they really invest in? The Project or The token.  I will like everyone opinion here and i will like to learn from you guys also.

I'm not an investor (at the very least, don't consder myself on as I believe an investor must have at least $2000 investment), but I believe what you really should be lookong at is the projct.
PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:57:07 AM

Hi Everybody here.

Recently, I try not to invest in ICOs, because almost always you can buy tokens cheaper after entering the exchange. While the market is not stable, it seems to me that it is best to invest in the most stable coins, from the top 20, because there is a risk that not popular coins can never grow to their former heights.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:29:09 AM

Some of the ICO's pre token sale equivqlent into USD is still high but once the ICO token is already on the exchange site, it usually goes down. That is what most of the investors had experienced. The best thing  to do is really invest on the right ICO that could really guarantee a good return of investment and how to pick the right ICO could be more on luck and further research and verification about the project.
-VOL-

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:08:19 PM

Yes agree with you now it is the biggest problem of the ICO and tokens are value after ICO, a lot of people only flip and not holding. They are just thinking about how to earn 2 bucks , and not thinking about future. A lot of project are dumped now!
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:13:30 PM

Of course everyone invest in project. But the thing they don't realize is most of the time the project has no any direct or monetarily relation with the token.
Token only remains as speculative and the project and team takes no responsibility for maintaining its price.
We should look for only those ICOs that utilizes the token issued in its operation.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

I’m not perfect in the investing line but I can assure you that the best form of investment is to invest in the project, because on the long term when the project is successful; the token price rises

Importantly is to take profit when the time is right
BooMoon

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:19:17 PM

At present, the risk of investing in ICO in this market is very large, because there are many new ICOs that are scams, so I will choose to invest in some excellent cryptocurrencies. Although they have fallen a lot, I think this is a good investment for them. opportunity.
Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:21:49 PM

As for me, I only invested in an ICO for less than five times because I am a project-investor. I don't see so much project which are worth investing for - only few. I only choose which to invest. But there are really those who just invest for the bonus and dump right after, ugh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: