Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:27:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't know how to start  (Read 751 times)
Pandarius (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:38:58 PM

Hello, I'm only starting with mining - I'm trying to but I have no clue how to get the suff running on my computer.
I have two laptops I could use but there's always something missing.
I don't seem to find the right support for my video card and I'm not sure what king of open cl I should use.
Any advice would be appreciated.

GUIMiner version: v2011-06-09                   guiminer-20121203.exe (self-extracting archive) 
 (I tried CGminer and cudaminer but did not find the correct video graphic support - maybe my laps are too old)   
Operating system: Windows XP SP3             windows 7 sp1 /windows xp sp3
Miner backend: OpenCL/poclbm                   no
Video card: ATI 5770                                   mobile intel®4 series express chipset family / ati mobility radeon 9600/9700 series
Server: solo mining on Bitcoin client 0.3.22   ???dogehouse

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:24:45 PM

Post with what you have done and I'll try to help you.
Pandarius (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:23:58 PM

That's very kind of you.

I installed different miners but none is working.
Since I created a worker at dogehouse I started with Guiminer which can be used with No open CL device also
( I would install an Open Cl if I knew what to install), I entered the host and port, user and Password but nothing happened. No reaction at all, so I don't know what's wrong.

Then I tried CGMIner and Cudaminer but for it to work you need dedicated settings for your graphic Card and I could not find
the right settings for my cards, maybe because they are too old.
I built the batch file for both programs but they are asking for an opencl.dll and I did not know what to install.

Maybe you can suggest another program.

I really don't know where to start. Sad
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

If you have ati video card you need to instal ati sdk

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/archive/legacy-cpu-gpu-tools/ati-radeon-sdk/

Space for rent if its still trending
Pandarius (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:51:58 PM

Does it work for one of my labtops as well (please see configuration in my first post)
Because I have an XP System running on Laptop with Intel chip and Ati Card or a win 7 with Intel chip and mobile intel®4 series express chipset family graphic Card. What is the right download - any of these?
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:00:45 PM

Does it work for one of my labtops as well (please see configuration in my first post)
Because I have an XP System running on Laptop with Intel chip and Ati Card or a win 7 with Intel chip and mobile intel®4 series express chipset family graphic Card. What is the right download - any of these?
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/

I have WIN 8 and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series on my laptop and I've downloaded this AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-Windows-321 and this one 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc

but it's mining at a very slow rate BTC and couldn't manage to make him mine scrypt!
go here
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
and try auto-detect directly from your laptop

Space for rent if its still trending
Pandarius (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:11:39 PM

So you think I won't have much success with it?
I'll give it a try.

Thanks very much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: