Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:09:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: community coin  (Read 9738 times)
klaczak

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

PL

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:47:14 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 11:04:32 PM by klaczak

maybe  GRAPHEN/Graphencoin material of the future

pow/pos  ? or pow

mint : MnphWMrtSMNcPjbhmhiNqKgJmEuxXZGsJC
SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

I could be an assistant to the project leader.

As i'm online 24/7 and can help the project leader with the task's that need to be done spread the load.

Would be nice to give something back to the community
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:56:00 PM

I am definitely down to assist in development as well.  I have wanted to help start a coin for awhile.

I am a programmer by trade.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
jgaspar

Activity: 239

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:59:42 PM

- Numbers of coins around 100.000.000 to 200.000.000
- No Premine (for whatever reason)
- Instamine protection
- ASIC mining protection

For as much i feel sorry for the ones scammed on their money i can not agree with premine as a compensation...we would have to come with something diferent to compensate or at least mitigate  the losses of those people but Premining is not the answer..

What do you suggest as an alternative?  

I am for a premine, I think they can work out.  We can have the premine pay out over a longer period to prevent dumping.
It would sure cost less than collecting the bitcoins, I doubt we could raise that many.

And even if the coin does not do super well (which is might) the investors would at least get a chance to get something out of it.

people could donate by buying the coin on the market and supporting the coin basically!

But it could become a decent coin because of the meaning.

The idea is to compensate the actual losses ... not to replicate StackCoin IPO so they could  make as much money on this as they were hoping to do on StackCoin.

How is this going to be done? I don´t know.... yet... but something reasonable will come out of this community if we all want to.

InsanityDev

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Please slow down.

As a community of miners, traders, and investors who have all made and lost money on various coins, do realise that the more you are a community, and act as one, the better you will get on. Converse, find the gems, communicate, get behind them and support them well. Jumping from one coin to the next in the hope to make mad $$$ can only end in tears, as it has so often.

Another coin, why? get behind one which is already out there and has a strong proven dev team, why not quark or something with technical merit that has been slowly forgotten because it's not the new kid with big big profit potential.

Please though, slow down, consider how to prevent this from happening again, honestly talk and communicate about projects, and don't join in the random hype about random coins.

If you do decide to create a coin though, I'm happy to contribute some time or resources to help ensure it's at least stable and well grounded from the off.

best of luck, and sad news about stackcoin.. I've been taken for $50k in alts and 200BTC in scams the last year, so I know how it feels.

cntrlsquare

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:07:02 PM

Well, for what it is worth, i am number 103 at 0.5btc.

I like the idea of a community driven coin.  I knew the risk when i invested in Stack, but am still disappointed with the outcome...

cntrlsquare
TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:09:02 PM

- Numbers of coins around 100.000.000 to 200.000.000
- No Premine (for whatever reason)
- Instamine protection
- ASIC mining protection

For as much i feel sorry for the ones scammed on their money i can not agree with premine as a compensation...we would have to come with something diferent to compensate or at least mitigate  the losses of those people but Premining is not the answer..

I am for a premine, I think they can work out.  We can have the premine pay out over a longer period to prevent dumping.
It would sure cost less than collecting the bitcoins, I doubt we could raise that many.

And even if the coin does not do super well (which is might) the investors would at least get a chance to get something out of it.

people could donate by buying the coin on the market and supporting the coin basically!

But it could become a decent coin because of the meaning.

I think the bitcoin community has almost finished moving on from their opposition to premine coins, as long as they can accept the reasoning; I fully agree with the proposal that the premine should be payed out over a longer period, investors don't want to buy premine coins when at launch, because the value is almost always initially inflated, shortening the coin's life/lengthening the growth period. It will also provide encouragement to the team we're building here to work on promoting the coin in one way or another long after the launch. (which I think is one of the best things we could do for it)
I think making this coin pow/pos as well as having the premine paid in multiple chunks would bode well for it's long term survivability.
I would also like to offer myself up for promotion services, as I spend most of my time on the internet following crypto (I've seen enough coin promotion to have an idea of what works, and where to apply it)

I almost forgot, the credits in star wars are Galactic Standard Credits (GSC) (wiki says galactic credit standard, but that doesn't have the same ring to it) Graphen ends with an "E", doesn't it?
SxC

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:15:41 PM

I'm with the idea of the premine paid out in chunks rather than 1 lump sum.

And also agree we need less coins 1 billion is a max and therefore a lower % of the premine will need to be paid out to the victims

Still undecided on my coin name vote as Phoenix is already taken
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:16:02 PM

Guys please dont pm me if you have been scammed, report in this thread in green

drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Premining is not the answer..
The idea is to compensate the actual losses ...

I am NOT sure that this is feasible, but a clever bunch of people is working together here:

What about hardcoding the compensation mechanism? Not as a premine of genesis block ... but... into the block generation of EACH block.

options:
  • with every mined block, some amount is generated and sent to (a donation collector address like) 1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj
  • half of the transaction fees are sent to (a donation collector address like)  1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj
  • the full list of victim addresses (172 so far) is hardcoded, and for each block a lottery function pulls one of those and sends some dust to that address

details below

no sign of a signature
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:17:44 PM

I am NOT sure that this is feasible, but a clever bunch of people is working together here:

What about hardcoding the compensation mechanism?
Not as a premine of genesis block ... but...
... into the block generation of EACH block.

options:
  • with every mined block, some amount is generated and sent to 1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj
  • half of the transaction fees are sent to 1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj
  • the full list of victim addresses (172 so far) is hardcoded, and for each block a lottery function pulls one of those and sends some dust to that address

(for simplicity, I call the new coin money for now, or MON or moneycoin. But I really do not insist on that name.)

The first two ideas need a supportive script which distributes the coins.
And a table with corresponding addresses BTC <-> MON, for each bitcoin address of a victim, there needs to be one moneycoin address.

The third idea doesn't need any further administration IF there is an address mapping. The victims hold private keys of their BTC address, and if the address scheme of moneycoin is clever enough, the same private key can be made corresponding to a moneycoin address.

BUT: It would need a slightly extended address scheme for the new coin, so that confusion with bitcoin is avoided.
So
BTC 1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj would become [MON] mCqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj or
BTC 1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj would become [MON] m1Cqtbc73pFBDGjWwCg9kPhPXvdTk5McETj

anyone expert enough with the bitcoin code and address scheme to say if that is possible?

Nice side effect, and a really new feature:
One private key would open wallets in several currencies.

Possible?

no sign of a signature
armaan56

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:19:34 PM

I could help you with promotion of this coin if you still need promoters. I know quite a few people who could bring some decent hashes to the coin and could help you spread the word on the coin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« CoiNuŧ.com  The Only BTCitcoin Options Exchange  »Secure« »Fast« »Fair« »Minimum trade 0.01 BTC«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Prominence

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:20:30 PM

As I posted before

I had the idea of a coin made by the community for a while now.

The name I had in mind was "Perfect Coin". Basically the community votes on what features we need and how we'll set things up. The initial decisions will be made by people with a reputation on bitcointalk.

When the coin is launched, the coin can change it's properties every week. Depending on the amount of coins you have, you can have that much of an influence on the coin. To keep things fair (dictatorship won't be fun) we'd need a way to make sure that one person can only make one vote.

HunterCoin (HUC) is an MMO driven coin. It's possible to allow an actual voting system within the wallet app using the same technologies as HUC. If we were to do it like that, it would be tricky to make elections fair since people can use multiple wallets to vote.

The ultimate goal is that users can intervene in the coin when they see the value decrease. It would also be interesting to set one user as the president and people can vote that user out when they don't like him. What do you guys think about this?

The president could fulfill the role of this:

I really really hope you manage this coin properly. It would be painfully ironic if this coin were to be the victim of a scamster. Just be smart and don't give any BTC to anyone you do not trust. If there does end up being BTC involved then it must ONLY be in the hands of a well trusted escrower on the forum. No exception.

I am all for finding a very trusted holder to control the premine and be basically connected to the official development.

Candidates?

Maybe we can vote on who gets to do it.

An escrow for the premine and transparent operations would be useful as well.  

bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:21:02 PM

I could help you with promotion of this coin if you still need promoters

everybody is welcome

apophis974

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:22:29 PM

Hello, great idea. I don't invest a lot and knew the risk too.
My invest number : #8
Amount 0,1 BTC
https://blockchain.info/tx/afcd4adf59065ad42c771df58dd76a5c2e15b4f50b6191da89947e50f2a1a33a

calliusmaximus

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:24:06 PM

WTF you all got scammed, now basically you want a free ride from the rest of the community to support your stupidity. I mean con men can only con the greedy.
xtsy

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:24:32 PM

I m no 41.I invested 0.1 BTC

bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:25:33 PM

WTF you all got scammed, now basically you want a free ride from the rest of the community to support your stupidity. I mean con men can only con the greedy.

when you invest in something you are not automaticly greedy...and punishing a person for making a mistake is also silly

Prominence

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:30:34 PM

when you invest in something you are not automaticly greedy...and punishing a person for making a mistake is also silly

+1, our community is better than that.
SxC

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:31:36 PM

Not all of us on here got scammed most are offering to help the ppl that did tho

You know a community pulling it's resources to help victims of crime

Maybe some was greedy or maybe not no one deserve's to be robbed

Edit : Also it's nice to give back something,i'm sure you have asked for help from someone on this forum

a question you needed help with for example i know i have in the past
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: