Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading style?  (Read 637 times)
cryptoking1981 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:46:27 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 08:52:26 PM by cryptoking1981

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?  and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h) in undersold and oversold conditions, as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

The histogram IMO is one of the earliest indicators for a change in trend that I know off.

I also use EMA 12/26 (cradle zone , area between the two EMA's) as support and resistence, as price action frequently bounces of these averages.

Over the last few months I have been trying to learn the breakout/breakdown Strategy.  When the price becomes very very tight and within a narrow range it is usually followed by an explosive break up or down.  Knowing the important suppport and resistence (for me i use the 4hr/daily) and then anticipating, if and when they get broken will very likely result in significant price movement in that direction following accordingly.

I lastly look at the Vwap and use it similar to the EMA's becuase many many traders use vwap too for entries and exits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:11:24 PM

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?   and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h), as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

I also use EMA 12/26 (cradle zone , area between the two EMA's) as support and resistence, as price action frequently bounces of these averages.

My strategy is to buy low and sell high Smiley

Now seriously ... crypto market is too speculative and too shallow to trade on indicators because they are beeing destroyed by big investors or big speculats. After each indicator beeing destroyed by big investors makes small to fomo or panic. Thats where my trades appear. I buy panic and sell hope or short fomo and close at panic. I dont use indicators for that because they can be used only when market is "boring". It will give you few good trades and than 1 fail trade with exiting on panic (where i buy).
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 12:36:33 PM

This kind of questions has been asked so many times here. I am not a margin trader because it is too risky, so I simply follow the golden rule only: buy low and sell high. I use very simple techniques using combination between fibonacci, moving averages, and volumes. I think you don't a lot of indicators, if you are good at price action.
merrillolive

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:01:01 PM

It is waiting, waiting for long time will give us many opportunities to sell pennies at high prices, so I think we should be patient waiting for holding the opportunity will come to you.
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:10:20 PM

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?   and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h), as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

Usually i buy if price dropped. And some time i do day trading this is one of my strategy. If u want to learn more about trading u should follow this website bitcoinwisdom.com for future updates and btc technical chart.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:06:21 PM

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h), as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.
I've tried to use RSI divergence in combination with other trading indicators, but with little success. When you learn how divergence works, the lessons usually show you examples in hindsight. When you try to apply this knowledge in practice, it's not so easy to identify these signals on a "live" chart. As someone already mentioned in the discussion above, these trading indicators don't really work so well in the crypto markets. They originate from Forex trading, which is a much more regulated domain, without huge pump and dump events. At the end of the day, for me at least, it all comes down to instinct, trying to buy cheap and sell when the price is up.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:13:44 PM

this is a very general question and without the need for input from others you will realize it all, yes first by buying with the price down or at the cheapest price when the market is in a red position to sell it at the highest price in 24 hours or often called selling with a green price, for more depth it will always have an idea on its own initiative.

I personally don't like trading too much, especially the current uncertain conditions about the direction of the goal and the potential to swallow defeat, I'm just the person who hit Bitcoin in the next few years
big_bankir

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:38:21 PM

I also like to trade Bitcoin and Ethereum, but I use only technical analysis for trading and look at the volumes. All the other indicators I consider useless and they only complicate the trade.
Agronopolos

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 06:02:35 PM

My strategy usually analyzes with TA analysis and fundamentals
usually in the long term I prefer to use fundamental analysis, with a touch of TA analysis to determine the purchase price, and if the coin that I bought falls below my purchase price, usually if I am sure of my TA analysis and fundamentals, then I will buyback again for cover losses or increase profits with gradual sell habits
plpatel

Activity: 260
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:04:01 PM

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?   and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

I have been in to trading for more than a decade, and I'm still undecided on which strategy to use most often. Having said this, my method of trading differs as per situation arises. I usually like to do swing trades, so I try to figure the high and low, i.e. resistance and support and take trades based on this.

berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 06:12:35 PM

My trading style is very different compared to yours I don't use technical analysis but rather buy coins according to news and sell when they rise.

pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:03:13 PM

I trade like an investor. I try to find some interesting assets and then I find more information about them and if an asset is undervalued I buy it. For example, right now I have paid attention on ethereum because it seems me that ethereum will grow and 400$ is a good resistance level.
What about indicators like MACD, MA, EMA, RSI and other I do not use them because I had negative experience of using them. That is why I have changed my strategy and I buy only cheap and undervalued assets not using a credit leverage.
JaekRock

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:45:35 PM

I've used a few different strategies at different times depending on what was going on.  My technique doesn't involve a whole lot of technical analysis...has more to do with an active understanding of the coin and its market dynamics. I think some good advice is to be plugged into the communities and not spread yourself thin as far as what you're paying attention too.  It allows you to have a better reaction time if you're going to be an active trader and understand what's behind the ups and downs.  Also, I only trade with a portion of my bag.  Ultimately, I believe in the coin and want to get more of it...not looking to cash out short term.  If that's your motive as well, one bad trade can hurt you a lot, so I only trade with 20-25% of my bag.

Generally, if the market is bullish where I feel there could be a decent swing up, I set several high sell orders in front of larger sell orders in hopes that the market will pump to those levels and give me time to check whats going and decide whether to try arbitrage, swing trade, or a quick turnaround daytrade while the large orders get eaten up.  If I do swing/daytrade it, I'll usually only look to make 5-10% or less and then find a new higher position to set.  If I think its going to pump higher (50-100%+), I might put one high order in, but generally I'll just HODL that thing until I feel it's peaked and sell most of it, hanging onto a bit in case it goes higher.

On downturns, it's kind of the same thing in reverse.  I'll set some lower buys at various levels (above larger orders), and if they fill I'll generally try to make 2-3% on a low sell order and then set a lower price buy order in again.

In flat portions, I'll use both strategies to just make those 1-5% plays in either direction and try to stay sort of close to the top of both buy/sell books.  I usually won't have my whole trading bag out there either, in case things shift suddenly, which can definitely happen in crypto.

There are exceptions where I might do something different depending on why the price is going up or down, but in general that's what's worked best.  And of course, don't be too greedy, and have some patience.   Also, don't be afraid to take some small losses.  If you sold/bought too early, and the market is still moving quick, find a way to get out of the position and make it up with a better trade later on.

Full disclosure/disclaimer...I only have been trading crypto for like a month or two, but I've over tripled my trading bag doing the stuff above.

Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

I am not really good in trading that's why i just do trading trough buying in lower price then selling in a higher price. But i did it in day time where i can make trading in a couple of hours to earn even a little profit since i was just starting in trading.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:54:48 PM

if I trade, I prefer to use a method for several price points for me to buy and also some price points to sell, and I think that way it has got good results from daily trading.
astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:22:18 AM

What is your trading style? How to draw consumers to more interested in trading we make or do we follow, so it brings a lot more satisfying and. good results from buy sell or stock investment, many people are trading in order to earn an income in a short period of time, the style of trading is done vary for each person. Therefore, for trading, a trader needs to be careful in choosing the investment instruments are bought. However, trading is seen is very suitable for a person with a limited capital who have a lot of free time. By knowing the ins beluknya, surely you can get additional income from trading.

xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:46:43 AM

may trading style is very common buy low sell high and patience but my method is read the stick candle and know how to when buy and when to sell.. its better to know to how to read your candle of  the coin...

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
Kay28

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:56:16 AM

Well as a beginner and interested to try in trading, ive asked few tips from crypto traders friends, they usually gave me a start overview about RSI and MCI and other chart analysis ..ive tried 5 different tradings of token in 2 exchanges,..it kinda intense and scary at first..observing those lines and volumes ..there were times it went the wrong way than expected.. So i just make it sure that aside from looking into chart syste..i should only buy when its the lowest ... Check the volume also.. Simple as never buy when candle is green...
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:45:01 AM

I trade in different asset , not only in crypto but also in stock, forex and commodities. I only use TA when make open potition, and most important for me always use stop loss in every trading activity, my level stop loss is around 2% for forex trading to 7% for crypto, and other more thing for me also should be use trailling stop.

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:07:14 AM

My strategy is simple, find the trend, top price and top bottom, calculate and enter the market using long term period. Many people use this strategy because don't have much time watch market and I did that almost 2 years. Use MA ( 5.3.3 ) to enter and exit, MACD to read trend and martiangle money management to calculate open position. I believe you and all members ( specially traders ) familiar with this strategy because I see this strategy on babypips 5 years a go. Keep going and see you on the top.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████