Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading style?  (Read 649 times)
Xeon

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:05:20 PM

At the moment, I think that it is necessary to conduct market research and only then take decisions concerning trading. I prefer the long-term holding strategy but I am thinking about the everyday trade as well
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoking1981 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:40:28 PM

I've used a few different strategies at different times depending on what was going on.  My technique doesn't involve a whole lot of technical analysis...has more to do with an active understanding of the coin and its market dynamics. I think some good advice is to be plugged into the communities and not spread yourself thin as far as what you're paying attention too.  It allows you to have a better reaction time if you're going to be an active trader and understand what's behind the ups and downs.  Also, I only trade with a portion of my bag.  Ultimately, I believe in the coin and want to get more of it...not looking to cash out short term.  If that's your motive as well, one bad trade can hurt you a lot, so I only trade with 20-25% of my bag.

Generally, if the market is bullish where I feel there could be a decent swing up, I set several high sell orders in front of larger sell orders in hopes that the market will pump to those levels and give me time to check whats going and decide whether to try arbitrage, swing trade, or a quick turnaround daytrade while the large orders get eaten up.  If I do swing/daytrade it, I'll usually only look to make 5-10% or less and then find a new higher position to set.  If I think its going to pump higher (50-100%+), I might put one high order in, but generally I'll just HODL that thing until I feel it's peaked and sell most of it, hanging onto a bit in case it goes higher.

On downturns, it's kind of the same thing in reverse.  I'll set some lower buys at various levels (above larger orders), and if they fill I'll generally try to make 2-3% on a low sell order and then set a lower price buy order in again.

In flat portions, I'll use both strategies to just make those 1-5% plays in either direction and try to stay sort of close to the top of both buy/sell books.  I usually won't have my whole trading bag out there either, in case things shift suddenly, which can definitely happen in crypto.

There are exceptions where I might do something different depending on why the price is going up or down, but in general that's what's worked best.  And of course, don't be too greedy, and have some patience.   Also, don't be afraid to take some small losses.  If you sold/bought too early, and the market is still moving quick, find a way to get out of the position and make it up with a better trade later on.

Full disclosure/disclaimer...I only have been trading crypto for like a month or two, but I've over tripled my trading bag doing the stuff above.

If your strategy is working great, I think I will try and give it a go to see if it works.  It sounds quite similar like a scalping technique where you place your buys or sells above support and resistence as sometimes price action will occasionally pierce through the S/R before moving in the opposite direction.

Another technique i occasionally use is the retracement strategy.  When a coin is in a consistent long term downtrend or uptrend (say last 50/100 trading days), I look at the Previous retracement value in satoshis, tether or USD.  If the the differnece between the previous swing high and swing low is say $100, I anticpate the next retracement may likely be similar between say between $90/$120. 

I will then place buy or sell orders accordingly.  It may surprise you, a simple trading strategy is more effective than you think.

I think consistent account growth is proof and verifies if your strategy is successful or not in the end however.
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:38:58 PM

At the moment, I think that it is necessary to conduct market research and only then take decisions concerning trading. I prefer the long-term holding strategy but I am thinking about the everyday trade as well
Now is the time when the market fluctuates strongly and does not determine the trend of the market so trading is also a very good way to make a profit. Investors need to set clear goals and targets as well as stoploss to get the quickest return.

ZLiWei

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:32:36 PM

My style is never trust me always trust tools and analysis and look to trade constantly for best returns. I use several different tools at presemt but looking at new ronin ai when it comes out. They use complicated ai and very transparent about how it all works. New development update come out today:

https://roninai.com/ai-predictive-cryptocurrency-prices/

What do you all think?
Harith65

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 02:29:08 AM

I used many styles of trading. Those are categorized by various factors. My assest, my free time, stability of the coin.  If i have small amount of money im tend to trade day by day or few hours. But when i have mutch i do long term investing. Long term investing is better. In day by day we haveto loking at the market all the time. When i trade i observe graph and news of the project. It will gives me better and trusted trading.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:50:11 AM

If you still have other income it's certainly not a matter of holding strategy, but some users use trading for the main income, where holding for long time is not an option, every trader has his own style and I'm the one who always makes the best of the opportunity, when the price goes up I will definitely use that, not wait and waste chance
Rhesie

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:53:57 AM

Buy in a low price and sell it in a high price so that you can earn a profit. In trading, you need to be a wise person. Specially your patient. If you can't use your knowledge, don't expect to earn more profit.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

burst.money

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:43:09 AM

Just daily trading..I don't like to hold bitcoin and Ethereum. I buy bitcoin at low prices and sell it simply high price.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
devil before evil

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:51:25 AM

as i m a new member.i observe the market everytimes.sometimes price is higher again sometimes it goes below my expectation thats why i observe it daily every moment
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:14:57 AM

With just MA, MACD and RSI indicator, I have my solid strategy set up. Usually, I am a fan of swing trading and I trade the 4hr chart mostly while using the lower time frame to take a look at price action in some point, with the chances of a pull back to make faster decisions.

My set up mostly though is that, using the MA20 and 50, I buy a market when the candle closes above those 2 moving averages with a stop loss below the 2 moving averages. Also, I sell when the price closes below the 2 moving averages, which indicates the possibility of a pull back, with a stop loss above them as well.

Nevertheless, this set up is never complete without using MACD and RSI to check the conditions of the market if it actually favors the decision. One thing is you will have some little loss but they are minimal, compared to the profit you end up making in the long run from this set up. Trade this without any form of emotions while sticking to it, and you will be surprised at how it makes sense.

The thing though with people is that they tend to try different strategies and they end up messing things up. Have a particular strategy, trade it for a while to see if it pleases you and then gain confidence as time goes on in your decision which is normal once you start seeing your folio growing but most newbies just keep wanting to try it all at the same time.
I can absolutely relate with this. I have been a big time user of moving averages for my trade and knowing the nature of my job it makes it easy to just set alerts above these two MAs in the cases of a downtrend to know when you should be getting in and the same thing goes for when you should be getting out. One issue is that it is a lagging indicator same as most other indicators, which would always require some experience to use, but with swings like this, it makes it easy. Good strategy you have there except that it is more effective for 4hrs time frame above and for those looking to trade trends instead of trying to pick bottoms.
Gururapyco

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:38:47 AM

I tend to daytrade some of my coins for various reasons. However most of my portoflio stays locked on my wallets and is waiting for bull market. It's not a good time to sell.
ClaraFowler44

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:51:13 AM

I often technical analysis, what related to the use of indicators and price model to determine the future direction of price movement. Technical analysis is usually used for day trading or swing trading.
badaovodich

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:20:38 AM

I often technical analysis, what related to the use of indicators and price model to determine the future direction of price movement. Technical analysis is usually used for day trading or swing trading.
I think you are a strategic investor and learning charts, EMA too sure. I also try to think and analyze the market trend but elusive situation when many events occur.
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:20:34 PM

the style of trading that I did only took advantage of the situation, when the cryptocurrency price fell, I would buy it as much as I could, so you wouldn't buy it when the price was high because it would risk being stuck at a very expensive price.
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:46:56 PM

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?  and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h) in undersold and oversold conditions, as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

The histogram IMO is one of the earliest indicators for a change in trend that I know off.

I also use EMA 12/26 (cradle zone , area between the two EMA's) as support and resistence, as price action frequently bounces of these averages.

Over the last few months I have been trying to learn the breakout/breakdown Strategy.  When the price becomes very very tight and within a narrow range it is usually followed by an explosive break up or down.  Knowing the important suppport and resistence (for me i use the 4hr/daily) and then anticipating, if and when they get broken will very likely result in significant price movement in that direction following accordingly.

I lastly look at the Vwap and use it similar to the EMA's becuase many many traders use vwap too for entries and exits.

For me is a long term trade will you will wait until the price low then you buy and wait the price high to sell your coins . this is my strategy or style for trading
Manyak

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?  and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h) in undersold and oversold conditions, as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

The histogram IMO is one of the earliest indicators for a change in trend that I know off.

I also use EMA 12/26 (cradle zone , area between the two EMA's) as support and resistence, as price action frequently bounces of these averages.

Over the last few months I have been trying to learn the breakout/breakdown Strategy.  When the price becomes very very tight and within a narrow range it is usually followed by an explosive break up or down.  Knowing the important suppport and resistence (for me i use the 4hr/daily) and then anticipating, if and when they get broken will very likely result in significant price movement in that direction following accordingly.

I lastly look at the Vwap and use it similar to the EMA's becuase many many traders use vwap too for entries and exits.

For me is a short term because I know if you are make it long the value of your coin will be low . that's why I want a short term because is it profitable way and this is my style .
ranger_sbs

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 01:25:57 PM

I generally prefer Swing Trading Style and I use the strategy of Demand & Supply, I find it very effective. I have more interest in trading stocks although sometimes I go for options in Index. My strategy is quite simple, I follow the 1:3 Risk-Reward ratio.

It takes weeks for me to choose a particular stock, I do not take entry until and unless the price of a stock enters in the demand zone. Once the stock comes into demand zone wait for the reversal, I analyze it with the help of various indicators like Fibonacci, SMA, EMA etc.

I strictly follow stop loss cause many of the times I have seen the bad effects of not following discipline. Beginners who are opting for day trading must understand that if you will not follow the basic rules you will pay the cost for it. You can read about the trader characteristics in this day trading guide, it will help you to know what kind of attitude you must possess when you are trading.

Now, let's come to the exit as I already said that my trade continues till 2-3 days if somewhere between it triggers my stop-loss I choose to take exit cause it make me realize that the trend is not in my favor, it's better to get out. And If the trend is in my favor, everything goes as I expected then I choose trailing stop-loss as it secures my profit and also I can go along with the trend for long.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:30:03 PM

My trading style is just waiting for a perfect moment to enter and I can see it through charts and with matching news and updates about that certain coin.

Gadhoh

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?   and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h), as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

My strategy is to buy low and sell high Smiley

Now seriously ... crypto market is too speculative and too shallow to trade on indicators because they are beeing destroyed by big investors or big speculats. After each indicator beeing destroyed by big investors makes small to fomo or panic. Thats where my trades appear. I buy panic and sell hope or short fomo and close at panic. I dont use indicators for that because they can be used only when market is "boring". It will give you few good trades and than 1 fail trade with exiting on panic (where i buy).
But it could also get a relatively small profit from trade that is done using the spread of a bid-ask. These traders believe in the small steps taken to get greater price movements.
zalizoll

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:49:03 PM

if the trend is in my favor, everything goes as I expected then I choose trailing stop-loss because it secures my profits and also I can follow the trend for the long term. The ultimate goal of trading is to make profits as big as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: