Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a good Bitcoin Mining profit calculator?  (Read 2223 times)
Pcpoet (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:21:16 PM

Does any body know which "bitcoin profit calculator" are good?  Let me know thanks.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:07:03 AM

Someone in the forums just made a new one that's pretty good, check it out:
http://aleks1k.github.io/bitcoin-calculator/

I like it because it's fast, easy, and it does a good job at factoring the difficulty.

The one I've used in the past is:
http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

It's been fairly accurate, but doesn't forecast difficulty as good as the one at the top of the post. I've been using this calc since April 2013, right now it's only about 12% off what my mining farm is doing, so that's not bad.  The other calculators that are popular are off by 30% and up (at least for me they are).

hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:07:56 AM

i like this one
https://www.cex.io/calc
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:56:11 AM

My favorite
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php
Flinten

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:11:02 PM

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator  some Hardware already integrated  Roll Eyes
bolverk

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:52:39 PM

Build your own spreadsheet.  Every calculator I've tried on-line is very inaccurate, and typically very optimistic.  Makes you wonder if some of them are written by the ASIC companies just to sell hardware.
wayneyoyo

Activity: 606

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

Not all are accurate as they have thier own calculator it will only show you by the diff now if the diff changed too much in a month it would be diffrent .
bolverk

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

Not all are accurate as they have thier own calculator it will only show you by the diff now if the diff changed too much in a month it would be diffrent .

Given that the diff changes roughly every 12 days, that's guaranteed.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:02:36 PM

Does any body know which "bitcoin profit calculator" are good?  Let me know thanks.

I know that most of them works on same algorythm, I recomend
http://www.bitminer.pl
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:18:00 PM

I personally like mining.thegenesisblock.com as you can tweak the values and most of the major manufacturers are already listed.

Easy to use and look at too.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:11:59 AM

I personally like mining.thegenesisblock.com as you can tweak the values and most of the major manufacturers are already listed.

Easy to use and look at too.

oh yes that one works fine too!

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers!
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:44:14 PM

If I'm right most of them works on same algorythm. between them there is not much difference

Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:49:42 PM

If I'm right most of them works on same algorythm. between them there is not much difference

This.

Calculating mining profitability is rather easy for anyone not afraid of a bit of high school math. The thing that matters the most is what parameters you use, especially for difficulty increase. Many online calculators may use some pre-set value that, while user-changeable, most people don't adjust. Often this value is rather inaccurate, giving bad results.

Before you search for a calculator, make sure you have a good idea of what you expect the difficulty to do in the future.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:25:34 PM

This.

Calculating mining profitability is rather easy for anyone not afraid of a bit of high school math. The thing that matters the most is what parameters you use, especially for difficulty increase. Many online calculators may use some pre-set value that, while user-changeable, most people don't adjust. Often this value is rather inaccurate, giving bad results.

Before you search for a calculator, make sure you have a good idea of what you expect the difficulty to do in the future.

Calculators like bitcoinwisdom will be better than using your own equation because it calculates based on difficulty change(some use monthly %).  You could write your own equation to do the same but I think bitcoinwisdom basically has it down.

With that said I would like to remind OP that historically every single calculator has been wrong and not by a small amount. Bitcoin difficulty is impossible to predict so it is important to remember that it is a gamble not an investment.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:39:47 PM

yeah well. generally as we know calculators do not calculate accurate at all...

Smiley you can never be sure how much you will earn.. it is like (almost) impossible.

Kind regards!

GraySocks

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:03:38 PM

I know that the price of BTC is volatile, but is there a calc the factors in the the rate of increase in price of BTC.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:58:41 PM

I know that the price of BTC is volatile, but is there a calc the factors in the the rate of increase in price of BTC.

Post it here when you will find it Smiley

I don't heard about that one.
bolverk

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:10:23 PM

Don't focus on price, volatility really doesn't matter when you're holding everything you mine until you're ready to sell.  Probably the only price movement you should really care about would be moving averages just to see where the trend line is heading.  Then pick a target along that trend to sell on.

A good calc should really only care about forecasting trends in hash rate so you can see what your potential earnings will be in terms of BTC.
GraySocks

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:29:07 PM

Don't focus on price, volatility really doesn't matter when you're holding everything you mine until you're ready to sell.  Probably the only price movement you should really care about would be moving averages just to see where the trend line is heading.  Then pick a target along that trend to sell on.

A good calc should really only care about forecasting trends in hash rate so you can see what your potential earnings will be in terms of BTC.

Yes, that makes sense. I wouldn't want to sell immediately.
GraySocks

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:49:10 PM

The Genesis Block's calculator does allow you to factor in changes in $/BTC conversion per month in case you sell your mined BTC immediately. Look for Conversion Increase / Month (%) under Conversion and Electricity
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: