Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Macbook stolen in 2010! 1200 BTC on it! HELP!  (Read 6539 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

So I guess this makes BTC bullish?

Lots BTC = Donation to everyone else holding BTC.

Just like that guy who lost 7000 BTC in a computer sent to a landfill.

It really doesn't matter I just want to get my Macbook back because of a photo file of my grandmother LETS JUST SAY THATS what im trying to recover instead to stop the speculations

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:29:35 PM

So I guess this makes BTC bullish?

Lots BTC = Donation to everyone else holding BTC.

Just like that guy who lost 7000 BTC in a computer sent to a landfill.

It really doesn't matter I just want to get my Macbook back because of a photo file of my grandmother LETS JUST SAY THATS what im trying to recover instead to stop the speculations

But we all know that's not true.

Not a speculation if you claim something to be true.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:29:52 PM

"African American" is the currently accepted term for an American of African ancestry.  

It replaces "Negro" and "Black" and several other terms which were, evidently, used in a racist way often enough for the people to start to feel that those terms were in themselves insulting.  

I suppose, for some reason I'm unaware of, that the same fate might not befall "African American."  I sincerely hope that it doesn't anyway; I'm tired of retconning language every few years just because assholes keep right on being assholes when they adopt a new term along with the rest of the world.  But I've never yet seen a new term that can convince assholes to stop being assholes and loading whatever term they use with their own asshole sentiments, so I'm dubious about the process.

Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:31:18 PM

Going through my Gmail account to try and find where this crap is at ! It might even be on a stupid photobucket to be honest ... this just sucks because now my roomie who brought this to my attention is claiming it was his $ that purchased the BTC, but that does not matter I just want to salvage this computer, if the drive was wiped is there a way to send it in to a forensics lab to retrieve old data to obtain the wallet??

Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:32:40 PM

"African American" is the currently accepted term for an American of African ancestry.  

It replaces "Negro" and "Black" and several other terms which were, evidently, used in a racist way often enough for the people to start to feel that those terms were in themselves insulting.  

I suppose, for some reason I'm unaware of, that the same fate might not befall "African American."  I sincerely hope that it doesn't anyway; I'm tired of retconning language every few years just because assholes keep right on being assholes when they adopt a new term along with the rest of the world.  But I've never yet seen a new term that can convince assholes to stop being assholes and loading whatever term they use with their own asshole sentiments, so I'm dubious about the process.

Wow you seem more butthurt than myself today

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:33:23 PM

Going through my Gmail account to try and find where this crap is at ! It might even be on a stupid photobucket to be honest ... this just sucks because now my roomie who brought this to my attention is claiming it was his $ that purchased the BTC, but that does not matter I just want to salvage this computer, if the drive was wiped is there a way to send it in to a forensics lab to retrieve old data to obtain the wallet??

So you and your room mate both waited four years to decide it might be a good time to look for 1000+ bitcoins?

Either you people are insane, or this is all bullshit. I know which way I'm leaning.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:34:14 PM

if the drive was wiped is there a way to send it in to a forensics lab to retrieve old data to obtain the wallet??
If the the files were just deleted and nothing new was written, then maybe. But given that this was more than 3 years ago, it's going to have been overwritten.

If it's been overwritten then no. No data recovery lab will agree to take the job on a "no find no fee" basis because there isn't going to be any of the original data left after it's been overwritten even once.

Your story also seems highly implausible but that doesn't really matter.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:34:23 PM

Wow you seem more butthurt than myself today

So you admit it?

I hope you find your coins. But if not, thanks for the donation to everyone else given there is likely less Bitcoin in circulation due to that loss.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:34:45 PM

Posts like these make me think 25% or more bitcoins which were mined are probably lost
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:35:00 PM

If the macbook was stolen in 2010.
Why now?

Because I had no clue I still had the BTC on the computer! If I had known I would have immediately went searching, I didnt follow BTC after my car accident later in 2010 and now a roomie brought this to my attention and I confirmed it, I wonder if I shared the information to my wallet in 2010 through World Of Warcraft's in game chat system, wonder if I can call Blizzard and pay them to see if I can obtain the key that way? I know they record everything!

grifferz

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:37:11 PM

wonder if I can call Blizzard and pay them to see if I can obtain the key that way?
OP: the gift that keeps giving.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:37:58 PM

So you and your room mate both waited four years to decide it might be a good time to look for 1000+ bitcoins?

Either you people are insane, or this is all bullshit. I know which way I'm leaning.

You sound like my father half an hour ago when I brought this to his attention.. heh ...this f*cking sucks.

Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:41:35 PM

OP it sounds like a lot is going through your mind right now, but I'm telling you your best chance at recovery will be the cloud storage you say you backed up a file to. Even if you're not sure it's there that will probably be a more fruitful search than a piece of hardware that disappeared 4 years ago.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:42:43 PM

http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/

This site is pretty trusted and good at what they do.

The owner/people working there only take 5-10% of your wallet value when they recover it. Look there.

The owner was on reddit some time ago and helped a lot of people that same day recover some lost wallets.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:45:05 PM

I am an Euro American. In 2010 i was already, but not long ago is was just known as white.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:49:46 PM

Did you just wake from a coma as well?

negative, but I was in a bad car accident in 2010 and was on bedrest for awhile and thought I traded the BTC for WoW GOLD ...(found out about BTC after i sold WOW Gold to someone in 2010 that mentioned BTC)

So, why did you wait four years to make this thread?

It was brought to my attention TODAY..

I was in an accident that same year, broke both legs, both ankles, left foot, right arm and wrist, became hooked on substances and laid in bedrest playing World Of Warcraft, hence having an account worth $7000+ with 300+ days played time

REGARDLESS.. I hate this speculation bullshit, but thats life..

If who ever has my Macbook wiped my HDD is there anyway the coins can still be retrieved Huh

Sorry for being stressed out and coming off as a jerk.. my own father does not believe me entirely, not sure wtf one may think I'm up to here... he personally thinks I just know of a Macbook that has 1200 coins stored on it but just found out. Which makes nose sense considering the Macbook im searching for is the one I purchased and the one I had stolen from me.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:51:11 PM

http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/

This site is pretty trusted and good at what they do.

The owner/people working there only take 5-10% of your wallet value when they recover it. Look there.

The owner was on reddit some time ago and helped a lot of people that same day recover some lost wallets.
Cool, you didn't even bother to read the thread.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
yannis7777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:52:53 PM

OP is either trolling or he is looking for something that belongs to someone else. The way he brings this up, the fact that he is a regular poster (and all of a sudden wakes up from his comma) all point towards these directions.

DOGE: DDsZd5Ekyz95ndodQZpChpspR2PstTdNQY
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:53:18 PM

If who ever has my Macbook wiped my HDD is there anyway the coins can still be retrieved Huh

grifferz

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:55:02 PM

No. Not if it's been overwritten. Even if the file has been deleted, subsequent use will overwrite those free blocks with new files. In a timespan of more than three years the chance seems tiny, and that is assuming you ever locate the laptop again, which seems frankly ridiculous.

Your best bet is the cloud storage.

not sure wtf one may think I'm up to here...
It's more than enough lolz for some permavirgin troll to start a thread as stupid as this and then after some amount of posts have been accumulated go, "HAHA OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I TROLLED U ALL SO BAD" and show the link to all of his permavirgin friend.

It happens every day.

I don't currently believe you myself, but it doesn't invalidate anything I've said.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: