Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:46:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: help with exchanges  (Read 1326 times)
rerecursive (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:40:00 PM

Hi there,

scenario  :

I have a client in the US who owes me $1500. I'm not in the US and I can't receive money through WU and similar services without losing a good chunk of it, which I obviously don't want to. And, my client isn't willing to use bitcoins.

What I want to do then is open an account in an exchange, and have my client wire money to that exchange (I think he can manage that...). I'll use that money to buy coins...

I opened an account with bitstamp just to learn that I CAN'T do that. They will only accept money coming me, not from third parties.

So, I need an exchange which does accept transfers from third parties. Do you know any?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:57:56 PM

Hi there,

scenario  :

I have a client in the US who owes me $1500. I'm not in the US and I can't receive money through WU and similar services without losing a good chunk of it, which I obviously don't want to. And, my client isn't willing to use bitcoins.

What I want to do then is open an account in an exchange, and have my client wire money to that exchange (I think he can manage that...). I'll use that money to buy coins...

I opened an account with bitstamp just to learn that I CAN'T do that. They will only accept money coming me, not from third parties.

So, I need an exchange which does accept transfers from third parties. Do you know any?

You could try looking at localbitcoins for a bitcoin seller in the area of your client that is trusted.  Then the client could pay the localbitcoins seller acting as your "agent".  The localbitcoins seller would then send the bitcoins to you.

Where in the U.S. is your client located?
rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:33:52 AM

Thanks Danny. My client is in NY.

Your solution could work, though I'd rather have the money sent to an exchange.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

Thanks Danny. My client is in NY.

Your solution could work, though I'd rather have the money sent to an exchange.

Because of AML/KYC laws, most exchanges aren't going to allow this.
rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:34:28 AM

So...bitcoin doesn't seem to be too useful in the real world?

edit :

by the way, the transaction I want to do leaves a pretty good trail for any government shitbags to follow...and yet it isn't allowed? What a stupid joke.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:49:05 AM

So...bitcoin doesn't seem to be too useful in the real world?

You've got that backwards.

Bitcoin is VERY useful in the real world (as long as the sender has bitcoins, and the receiver wants bitcoins).  With bitcoins there is no way for any government to prevent one person from sending bitcoins to another person.

What doesn't seem to be very useful in the real world is government fiat currency.  That is where you are running into the problem.  The government is regulating the use of their currency and making it difficult for the person with the government currency to get that currency into a currency exchange in someone else's name.

The problem isn't the bitcoins. The problem is that your payer has difficult-to-use government printed fiat currency.  Now you can see how useless that silly paper stuff is, and why bitcoin is so revolutionary.

by the way, the transaction I want to do leaves a pretty good trail for any government shitbags to follow...and yet it isn't allowed? What a stupid joke.

Yep.  I agree.  Stupid rules applied on the transfer of government created fiat currencies.
rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:13:04 AM

It's not that I'm unaware of the problems caused by government.  After all, I've been reading libertarian literature for a while now...

Anyway, in the spirit of full disclousre, I asked itbit if they accept transfers from third paries and they said "yes, but we discourage the practice". The thing is, I don't trust them to actually do it.

Also, I'm not sure if itbit is to be trusted as an exchange at all.

Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 08:29:28 AM

ask client to find a local bitcoin seller  and send you BTC (you can accept directly to exchange address where you can sell them and cashout)

Available
PM me to rent this space.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:58:27 AM

You can not deposit and withdraw from 2 different guys in the same exchange account.
They will require verification of identity first.

But you can ask the guy to buy btc, and then send btc to your exchange account, and then you will be able to withdraw it to your bank account.

rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:48:15 PM

Thanks for your replies, though they all miss the point.

What I need is an exchange that ACCEPTS FUNDS FROM THIRD PARTIES. Notice that I'll open an account in the exchange so I'll have to hand them personal info and would be complying with ther 'aml' 'kyc' fascist garbage.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 07:16:39 PM

Is he refusing to pay in whole, or just in BTC?

rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:17:43 PM

> Why make it complicated?

I'm making it as easy as possible, given my constrainsts. I do not have a bank account. And I cannot receive money through WU withour incuring a heavy loss.

> Ask your client to wire the money to you directly.

That is EXACTLY what I want to avoid. Read my first message.

bitcoin44me

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:19:23 PM

> Why make it complicated?

I'm making it as easy as possible, given my constrainsts. I do not have a bank account. And I cannot receive money through WU withour incuring a heavy loss.

> Ask your client to wire the money to you directly.

That is EXACTLY what I want to avoid. Read my first message.

Does not make any sense, if you do not have a bank account how do you even hope to withdraw from the exchange in the first place?
And by the way, you will never find something that does not exist. Only the owner of the account can deposit funds into the accounts.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

Does not make any sense, if you do not have a bank account how do you even hope to withdraw from the exchange in the first place?

As bitcoins obviously.  That's why they are being sent to an exchange.

That was a very silly question.

And by the way, you will never find something that does not exist. Only the owner of the account can deposit funds into the accounts.

Unless someone creates (or has created) an exchange somewhere that does not implement such restrictions.
rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:26:59 PM

>Is he refusing to pay in whole, or just in BTC?

Just in btc because...btc is too complicated.

So I wanted to give him a bank account (the exchange's) to wire moeny to and be done with it.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 07:28:27 PM

So I wanted to give him a bank account (the exchange's) to wire moeny to and be done with it.

Just tell him to sign up on coinbase and buy some BTC. It would only take a few days, its not illegal and its 100% safe (since he is in America). I dont see why he wont do it.

bitcoin44me

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:28:32 PM

Then why is he asking to do something impossible instead of asking for btc directly sent to any of his addresses?

Unless someone creates (or has created) an exchange somewhere that does not implement such restrictions.

Which is/will be illegal and then, closed.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

Then why is he asking to do something impossible instead of asking for btc directly sent to any of his addresses?

Did you even read any comments in this thread before trying to make wild guesses about what would be helpful?

- snip -
And, my client isn't willing to use bitcoins.
- snip -
I'll use that money to buy coins...
- snip -

- snip -

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:43:06 PM

Which is/will be illegal and then, closed.

And yet, we see the following:

- snip -
I asked itbit if they accept transfers from third paries and they said "yes, but we discourage the practice".
- snip -
rerecursive (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:51:17 PM

Thanks Danny!

I was starting to worry, thinking that my english was hoplessly garbled  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: