Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ModMiner QUAD FPGA (yes, necro)  (Read 1062 times)
tibenian (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:35:25 AM

Hi there!

Excuse me for necro, but I am looking for a driver for ModMiner QUAD (FPGA) for Windows 7x64.
Also I would highly appreciate a bfgminer with that FPGA enabled.

So, finally, I  need:
1) working driver  (windows 7x64)
2) working build bfgminer with QuadMiner enabled (also windows)

Please, help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:40:17 AM

bump. I still need help.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:00:01 AM

i doubt anyone is still using a fpga buddy
tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:08:28 AM

i doubt anyone is still using a fpga buddy
but those drivers and binaries still can be somewhere in .../old/.../
Smiley
ZBC3

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:54:09 AM

Have you tried http://www.modminerquad.com/index.php?title=Firmware#Windows?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:56:38 PM

I used to run mine on a win7 box...  I guess when I have time I can try to scrape off what I used.

There was a build that Luke put together that was compiled for it.. not sure what else had to be installed first but I didnt have to compile the miner

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:15:44 PM

thank you!
 I have tried that hyperlink, tried to follow the instructions, but in the end (after firmware replacement) windows 7 still could not detect a device. neither bfgminer sees it. :S
PS: firmware hyperlinks are broken except the oldest one.

still having an issue
tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:17:03 PM

I used to run mine on a win7 box...  I guess when I have time I can try to scrape off what I used.

There was a build that Luke put together that was compiled for it.. not sure what else had to be installed first but I didnt have to compile the miner

eh, you have my thanks for the attention! Smiley
if you please - check out if you have some of mentioned binaries. Your support is highly appreciated, really.

again, thanks
DPoS

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:45:20 AM

if you please - check out if you have some of mentioned binaries. Your support is highly appreciated, really.

again, thanks

i set up a dropbox with three zips and an .exe that I believe is what I used..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n8hh6ot6uyasave/jJwIGdbsCq

this was last spring so I don't remember all the steps...but I remember copying that 'mod'.exe version and putting it into the folder of that main zip that you unpack.  The other two zips were probably driver files.

below is an example string you can put into a target shortcut of the 'mod'.exe file so you dont have to type it on the cmd line

C:\<your dir>\bfgminer-3.0.0-win64\bfgminer-usb-mod.exe -o http://<your pool> -u <your worker name> -p 123 -G -S all

the '-S all' will find everything.. usbees and modminers.   you should see everything in your device manager installed

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:22:25 AM

again, thanks

i set up a dropbox with three zips and an .exe that I believe is what I used..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n8hh6ot6uyasave/jJwIGdbsCq

this was last spring so I don't remember all the steps...but I remember copying that 'mod'.exe version and putting it into the folder of that main zip that you unpack.  The other two zips were probably driver files.

below is an example string you can put into a target shortcut of the 'mod'.exe file so you dont have to type it on the cmd line

C:\<your dir>\bfgminer-3.0.0-win64\bfgminer-usb-mod.exe -o http://<your pool> -u <your worker name> -p 123 -G -S all

the '-S all' will find everything.. usbees and modminers.   you should see everything in your device manager installed

Thank you m8! Smiley I've downloaded the archive, will give it a try tomorrow morning! Smiley
You are the best!
DPoS

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:42:33 AM

long live ModMiner!

tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:38:15 PM

long live ModMiner!

excuse me please, but maybe you also have a "modminer092612-TLM.bin" firmware?
all google links are broken Smiley

bfgminer sais that the device is dead - cant' upload the stream... I suppose that there is a problem with firmware

all the rest - works excellent! Thank you for that package! /bow
DPoS

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:52:57 PM

long live ModMiner!

bfgminer sais that the device is dead - cant' upload the stream... I suppose that there is a problem with firmware

maybe you can run the older one?

http://www.modminerquad.com/index.php?title=Firmware

there is one link for the july one there

tibenian (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:03:26 AM

long live ModMiner!

maybe you can run the older one?

http://www.modminerquad.com/index.php?title=Firmware

there is one link for the july one there

Thank you, but those links are 404 except the "older" one with I have at the moment (it does not work for me with errors described above). I've also tried to google the file name - no luck either - all links are dead Smiley
tibenian (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:17:02 PM

Bump!

does anybody have "modminer092612-TLM.bin" ?

please, help! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: