Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:56:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM Machine in Nigeria.  (Read 647 times)
Kaizam (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:00:07 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that is decentralized with no regulatory control. Over the years a number of Bitcoin ATM boot have sprang up in some developed and emerging economies. Since bitcoin is a digital currency I don't understand the rationale behind the creation of bitcoin ATM with so many crypto exchanges around the globe.
Now which organisation is responsible for the setup of this ATM machine? What is the benefits of having a bitcoin ATM in Nigeria?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikiknowsnothing

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:14:47 PM

Two years ago the Bitcoin ATM was one of the most popular hardware devices Bitcoin had to offer. While miners remain financial viable, Bitcoin ATMs have sadly been left behind as the cryptocurrencies further innovates and integrates into current systems. Found in railways and shops a Bitcoin ATM would be tucked away in most cases gathering dust and increasing maintained costs forcing many to cease offering its services.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:23:14 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that is decentralized with no regulatory control. Over the years a number of Bitcoin ATM boot have sprang up in some developed and emerging economies. Since bitcoin is a digital currency I don't understand the rationale behind the creation of bitcoin ATM with so many crypto exchanges around the globe.
Now which organisation is responsible for the setup of this ATM machine? What is the benefits of having a bitcoin ATM in Nigeria?

ATMs are ok, but I think in these situations where it's affordable to hire real people it's better to have a kiosk with a realy staff member that people can speak to and receive help from. In place like the US of course it's quite different. But people should try to take advantage of their human resources first when they can.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:07:47 PM

While this is a welcome news if true, I am yet to find where this ATM is located and I am quite sure the patronage it will receive is going to be staggering. However, there is a snag. While the ATM is to facilitate the speedy transaction, we need to ask who have set this up and what are they into? How does the user interact with the machine. Overall again I think that the cyber security around this kind of unit MUST be airtight.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:26:46 PM

Nigeria as an underdeveloped countries will wait for some time before having a bitcoin ATM due to the low level of technology and industrialization in Nigeria, because bitcoin ATM is a new development in the bitcoin network and just few developed countries are having bitcoin ATM at the moment and it the responsibility of the blockchain to installe bitcoin ATM since the blockchain is the bitcoin bank.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:05:15 PM

Bitcoins is seen as a luxury goods in developing economies like Nigeria and I don't think there will be a good demand for an ATM machine of bitcoins since the development of blockchain in Nigeria is in infancy stage.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:09:06 PM

Having bitcoin ATM's in Nigeria could be awesome and a step in the right direction for Africa as a whole. If acceptance for bitcoin and other cryptos is increasing expanding, having ATM to that effect would enhance transactions. Banks introduced ATM as a solution for queuing, hence having bitcoin ATM would also reduce traffic and increase awareness 
jhayness18

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

Well, I think it will give much convenient to Bitcoin users to have that ATM machine therefore they can easily get money thru this. As we can see, as of now there are a huge of people using btc so it can be a big help to them that bitcoin ATM is possibly anywhere.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:22:30 PM

Asides south Africa that looks a little improved in the use and exchange of bitcoin, all other countries in Africa are really struggling  due to low mass acceptability/ADOPTION and internet deprived access. ATM machine shouldnt be the next move to increase acceptability.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:26:18 PM

looking at the economy of nigeria holistically, and with the low interest and information of bitcoin to nigerians, establishing an atm mechine for bitcoin wont be advisable for now. yes bitcoin will thrive in the nearest future, a lot still need to be done, publicity of bitcoin should be made utmost and maybe in the nearest future nigerians will embrace a bitcoin atm mechine.
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:31:41 PM

I see this development as very positive
Will promote awareness of the idea
And make it easier for cryptocurrency dealers there
Africa has a lot if it spreads awareness
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:56:02 PM

Decision has a positive effect
But let's be realistic
Nigeria is a poor country and its digital currency market is small

We need such decisions in other countries
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:17:41 PM
Merited by kevoh (2)

Having a bitcoin ATM machine In any country is definitely a step and great opportunity for cryptocurrency investors to convert their coins/tokens to fiat easily.  The last I know of Nigeria is that, the government over there is yet to give to an approval  to cryptocurrency.  This would have made it easy for banks In that country to invest in Bitcoin ATM, banks can be in charge and make profits from it.
Reports have it that huge money are being exchange in Nigerians local exchange, with bitcoin ATM, there will be less scam and easy of conversion.
hash25

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:06:36 AM

The benefits of these ATMs are to make it easier to do bitcoin transactions when someone does not carry a cellphone and does not have an internet connection, the ATM also acts as a crypto use campaign, the general public will better understand crypto via the ATM, because the ATM usage method is almost the same as ATM Bank.
Pr3ko

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:12:26 AM

the establishment of bitcoin ATM machine is not really a bad idea because some folks think that we should not really put the world into a cashless state but we can run them both at the same time. So bitcoin ATMs are being established to prevent the long standing hours and the trouble of having to sell at exchange.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:03:56 AM

there are a lot of such as, just not everyone can place on the card. it's not official. The sense is simple-advertising and Commission
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:49:33 AM

Having Bitcoin ATMs installed all round the globe isn't an issue but personnel's to act as support to any challenges while accessing the ATMs will be great as well. Nigeria as I was made to understand is doing great with the blockchain technologies, so having ATM isn't a bad idea.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Awhore

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:34:44 AM

If one can be able to cash out Naira equivalent of its coins from these machines, that will be great you know, plus Nigeria is definitely recommended for one because more and more people from this region keeps entering the crypto world each day. So an ATM machine for BTC will be well utilized; a welcoming development.
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:42:05 AM

it makes perfect sense. It is easier for local people to purchase bitcoin for cash this way, rather than going online trying to buy on exchange for the currency that might not be acceptable, not speaking of KYC

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
lazygin006

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:44:25 AM

I think this is more for promoting and creating awareness of bitcoin rather than focusing on the actual usage of it. Every country should really make their first step to show that they are supportive to crypto currency .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: