Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:28:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin, Maket size  (Read 1698 times)
Ashkelon (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:05:35 AM

Does anyone know how many litecoins have been minted so far? I'm trying to get an idea as to how much my stake represents in terms of market share.

dominus mysteria

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xzion

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:08:28 AM

plus the huge 150 premined!

Tips: 1xzionJBueq1AkPSmexA7suWkztAkNwSs
Ashkelon (OP)

Activity: 188

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:15:27 AM

i was very happy with my returns, now i'm a bit sad...

dominus mysteria
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 08:36:04 AM

plus the huge 150 premined!

That would be 150 coins or 3 blocks  Grin Grin Grin

Let's compare to Solidcoin shall we.

Block (27192 * 32 /2) = 435,072 + ( Block 27192 /2 * 3.2) = 43,507
(Normal blks of 32)                (CPF Blocks of 3.2)

478,579 Mined + 13,000,000 Pre-Mined

13,478, 579 SC2's in existence not counting the 1,128,000 SC1's (35250 blocks of 32 from SC1 absorbed)

Exactly!
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:00:05 PM

You are mining silver in the middle of a general rush.
Don't expect your are going to get overnight a sizeable amount of the world supply.
Which doesn't mean that you are not going to make significant profits by mining it if you are wise enough not to dump it all during the early stages where the coin trades at Bitcoin decimals.

What you are seeing is the effect of a carefully planned and publicly advertised launch : every one starts mining on day 1.
The upside is that it eliminates the problem of the wealth and opportunity imbalance that is plaguing Bitcoin.
The downside is that no-one is going to be RockFeller this time.
But hey, if there had to be a RockFeller, what were the odds that it would be you anyway?

So yes, there is less opportunity for making fat profits in a few days, but the wealth is better spread, and the coin is in good shape to develop a healthy economy, with much less volatility than that of Bitcoin. We can all do pretty well in the long term if we manage to build an economy around LiteCoin.

If that can make you feel better, take a look at http://www.allchains.info, and look how the hashpower is slowly but steadily leaking from TBX and SC into LTC.
LTC is already having the most powerful CPU mining network not three days after its start.
And it's only the beginning : wait for the bulk of the BTC miner rigs, the in-browser javascript mining, and the smart phone mining apps, and you'll get the full picture.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 02:26:45 PM

LiteCoinPool at http://litecoinpool.dyndns.org !!!
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 08:23:27 AM

You are mining silver in the middle of a general rush.
Don't expect your are going to get overnight a sizeable amount of the world supply.
Which doesn't mean that you are not going to make significant profits by mining it if you are wise enough not to dump it all during the early stages where the coin trades at Bitcoin decimals.

What you are seeing is the effect of a carefully planned and publicly advertised launch : every one starts mining on day 1.
The upside is that it eliminates the problem of the wealth and opportunity imbalance that is plaguing Bitcoin.
The downside is that no-one is going to be RockFeller this time.
But hey, if there had to be a RockFeller, what were the odds that it would be you anyway?

So yes, there is less opportunity for making fat profits in a few days, but the wealth is better spread, and the coin is in good shape to develop a healthy economy, with much less volatility than that of Bitcoin. We can all do pretty well in the long term if we manage to build an economy around LiteCoin.

If that can make you feel better, take a look at http://www.allchains.info, and look how the hashpower is slowly but steadily leaking from TBX and SC into LTC.
LTC is already having the most powerful CPU mining network not three days after its start.
And it's only the beginning : wait for the bulk of the BTC miner rigs, the in-browser javascript mining, and the smart phone mining apps, and you'll get the full picture.

Well said Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:17:01 AM

fbx    0.00022   
sc    0.04954
ltc    0.00255   

Are these numbers correct on allchains.info?
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:27:41 AM

fbx    0.00022   
sc    0.04954
ltc    0.00255   

Yes, any concern?
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:33:41 AM

sc is still the leader by far, but ltc is gaining up first.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:35:31 AM

fbx    0.00022   
sc    0.04954
ltc    0.00255   

Yes, any concern?
Those numbers are Gh/s

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:37:45 AM

You can't really compare SC hashrates with TBX/FBX/LTC. On the same CPU, SC shows at least 3x more hashrate from the reports I've seen. Plus, Sp0tter says that he doesn't account for the every other block being difficulty 1 correctly yet, so that may also have inflated the hashrate numbers for SC.

Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:38:58 AM

You can't really compare SC hashrates with TBX/FBX/LTC. On the same CPU, SC shows at least 3x more hashrate from the reports I've seen. Plus, Sp0tter says that he doesn't account for the every other block being difficulty 1 correctly yet, so that may also have inflated the hashrate numbers for SC.

Ok lets consider a factor of 6x, SC still leads the field. But yeah, LTC could be a promising altchain.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:41:37 AM

Ok lets consider a factor of 6x, SC still leads the field.

Sure. There's definitely a lot of SC miners.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 10:30:41 AM

Well SC2 hashrate calculations could be bogus, closed source and such but even if the figures are correct, we are looking at a timeframe of maybe one or two weeks. That is if there isn't a way for the Solidcoin creator to adjust the formula at will.

Either way it doesn't matter as much SC does get too much unwarranted attention even negative attention as soon as people will stop talking about it it will go away.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 11:01:46 AM

I don't get it, 140 physical currencies as in USD, EUR etc?

@Coblee,

Let me shut these SC idiots up for you.

Post all the inflated stats you want but all that matters is adoption. Solidcoin was recently rejected by a highly advanced and developed exchange that will outbound Litecoin in 140 currencies on Monday. This exchange is properly registered and insured as well as holds all the license required. A first class professional operation. They are also going to offer some really innovative payment and merchant solutions and have professional people with deep pockets supporting it.

CryptoXchange tested SC1 and SC2 and rejected BOTH. After testing Litecoin they agreed to a trial. Solidcoin was rejected for the very same issues any sane person does, it's a scam with 13 mil premine, closed source and central authority. CryptoXchange made it extremely clear that Solidcoin was definitely not in their future and further called out Coinhunter for improperly using the name of the CX founder.

It appears debit cards that will allow you to withdraw from ATM's and direct deposit to bank accounts are in the works. Totally eliminating the need for Dwolla or any other shiesty methods of getting your money. Yep, I would say without a doubt Coinhunter screwed the pooch on this one, well by just being himself. I'm just glad Litecoin has Coblee, a guy who treats everyone well, had no problem disclosing his real ID to vendors, no pre-mine and open source. It's apparent in his civil replies to your borderline attack and insults. Me I'm not so worried about being nice  Grin Grin Grin

I know it burns your ass that your supposed technological darling was passed over for Litecoin. So take your inflated stats and 2000 phony nodes in IRC and shove them up your ass.

Warm regards,

~BCX~

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: