Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:45:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking loan for help with school/car: HAS COLLATERAL  (Read 1513 times)
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:31:55 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 05:31:00 AM by ncsupanda

Hey everyone,

Currently looking for a loan of 15 BTC, or $9,127 at the time of writing this. I realize that I'm a newer user here, so I'll take this next second to explain myself.

I'm currently a student at North Carolina State University, and have recently gotten myself into a bind. My Mom and I have had a falling out, we've had a lot of snow days in the past few weeks and I don't have enough money to make my Credit Card payment, apartment payment (rent), or phone payment. Luckily, I can take my amount of BTC on hand (roughly 3) and pay all of that off.

So why do I need a loan?

Two days ago, I was crossing a highway on my bike when a car ran me off the road and caused me to fall and break my ribcage. So now, I have an outstanding payment with the student health center for medicine, xrays, and for further treatment, totaling over $10,000. My insurance would normally cover it, but my Mom (single mom - never met real father) stopped paying when she could no long afford to and just never told me. So it turns out I don't have any health insurance at all.

If I don't make this payment within two weeks, I'll be kicked out of school. Currently in an engineering program, and I have no idea what to do, so this is my best shot.

Collateral:

I have a $5,000 gaming computer that I custom built in my schools colors (Red, Black, and White). I don't mind to share pictures and specifications to anyone willing to help me, and I'll just say Dual 780 Hydrocoppers, full custom water loop. The works. Includes all peripherals, as well as my Identity, school e-mail, school ID, the works.

Also, I have a scrypt mining rig (currently gets 4 MH/s) that costs about $3,300. It has 4x 290x, and a 1500 Watt PSU.

As for the rest of my collateral? I used to play Halo professionally, and have an entire collection of consoles and games (Including a Halo 4 Limited Edition, ~$500), as well as custom controllers, Astro A40's, etc. 400k DOGE coin (which I can either liquidate to help with the bill, or use as collateral ahead of time).

I know it's a long shot, but I'm desperate. If you look, you'll see I've been a member here for several months, and have just been a lurker.

Thank you to all who read this, I'm VERY appreciative.

*EDIT* I have a secure job this summer working for a professor on campus with undergraduate research. Guarantees a $12,000 stipend on May 15th, which I can then use to pay this back.

**EDIT: AGAIN* My girlfriend and I have decided that putting up my car as collateral may result in more help. Have a 2010 Chevy Cobalt, 60k miles, valued at $10,000 when bought two months ago. Will include title to the car, if above is not suitable.

lewisg

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:44:50 AM

Wow 15 BTC is alot for me need more info please.

ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:50:11 AM

What kind of information would you like? I would prefer to only give all of my information to serious investors, as I can't exactly ever get it back.

Thank you.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:55:24 AM

Hey everyone,

Currently looking for a loan of 15 BTC, or $9,127 at the time of writing this. I realize that I'm a newer user here, so I'll take this next second to explain myself.

I'm currently a student at North Carolina State University, and have recently gotten myself into a bind. My Mom and I have had a falling out, we've had a lot of snow days in the past few weeks and I don't have enough money to make my Credit Card payment, apartment payment (rent), or phone payment. Luckily, I can take my amount of BTC on hand (roughly 3) and pay all of that off.

So why do I need a loan?

Two days ago, I was crossing a highway on my bike when a car ran me off the road and caused me to fall and break my ribcage. So now, I have an outstanding payment with the student health center for medicine, xrays, and for further treatment, totaling over $10,000. My insurance would normally cover it, but my Mom (single mom - never met real father) stopped paying when she could no long afford to and just never told me. So it turns out I don't have any health insurance at all.

If I don't make this payment within two weeks, I'll be kicked out of school. Currently in an engineering program, and I have no idea what to do, so this is my best shot.

Collateral:

I have a $5,000 gaming computer that I custom built in my schools colors (Red, Black, and White). I don't mind to share pictures and specifications to anyone willing to help me, and I'll just say Dual 780 Hydrocoppers, full custom water loop. The works. Includes all peripherals, as well as my Identity, school e-mail, school ID, the works.

Also, I have a scrypt mining rig (currently gets 4 MH/s) that costs about $3,300. It has 4x 290x, and a 1500 Watt PSU.

As for the rest of my collateral? I used to play Halo professionally, and have an entire collection of consoles and games (Including a Halo 4 Limited Edition, ~$500), as well as custom controllers, Astro A40's, etc. 400k DOGE coin (which I can either liquidate to help with the bill, or use as collateral ahead of time).

I know it's a long shot, but I'm desperate. If you look, you'll see I've been a member here for several months, and have just been a lurker.

This story certainly sucks, but there is no way to prove if it is real or you are just attempting a sob story scam.

Collateral is not what you paid for an item, it is what the item can be easily resold for.  Your collateral comes no where near close to the amount you are looking to borrow.

My advice to you is sell your computer, mining gear, and everything else you can.  Then, swallow your pride and make up with your mom and she will probably help you as much as she can.

No one here is going to lend to you because you have no way to pay it back.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:55:30 AM

What kind of information would you like? I would prefer to only give all of my information to serious investors, as I can't exactly ever get it back.

Thank you.

Your best bet is to liquidate all you can, pay your bills and move on with life. You should be able to set up a payment arrangement that all can agree on.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:58:49 AM

Thank you.

Your best bet is to liquidate all you can, pay your bills and move on with life. You should be able to set up a payment arrangement that all can agree on.

My University isn't exactly into the idea of collateral, and having a lot of outstanding school loans doesn't make the bank any more willing. Selling that kind of stuff to the people around me is difficult, as mining tends to be a bit of a niche market (the further south I've gone, the worse it's gotten).

I appreciate your input.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:00:28 AM

Thank you.

My University isn't exactly into the idea of collateral, and having a lot of outstanding school loans doesn't make the bank any more willing. Selling that kind of stuff to the people around me is difficult, as mining tends to be a bit of a niche market (the further south I've gone, the worse it's gotten).

I appreciate your input.

See the Goods section here and sell.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:05:22 AM

Hey everyone,

So why do I need a loan?

Collateral:

This story certainly sucks, but there is no way to prove if it is real or you are just attempting a sob story scam.

Collateral is not what you paid for an item, it is what the item can be easily resold for.  Your collateral comes no where near close to the amount you are looking to borrow.

My advice to you is sell your computer, mining gear, and everything else you can.  Then, swallow your pride and make up with your mom and she will probably help you as much as she can.

No one here is going to lend to you because you have no way to pay it back.   Undecided

Edited my post to include this information.

Just worried. :/
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:28:56 AM

Headed to sleep, church in the morning and then have to finish an embedded systems project. Again, thanks to everyone here for their feedback / considerations.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:52:12 AM

Headed to sleep, church in the morning and then have to finish an embedded systems project. Again, thanks to everyone here for their feedback / considerations.

Dude!  Problem solved!  

Just pray to your god for the money!    Grin

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:06:31 AM

Dude!  Problem solved!  

I wasn't going to go there...glad someone did Grin

ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:52:35 PM

I should've seen that coming.

I appreciate it, everyone.
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:51:13 PM

I can possibly give you a smaller loan with your doge as collateral. When would you repay it?
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:56:50 PM

I can possibly give you a smaller loan with your doge as collateral. When would you repay it?

How large is the loan? I have a job from week to week, my biggest support is that I have that stipend available after finals this week.

Thanks  Smiley
austin

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:02:35 PM

How large is the loan? I have a job from week to week, my biggest support is that I have that stipend available after finals this week.

Thanks  Smiley
Your 400000 doge is worth about 0.76 btc at the moment, so I could give you a loan of about 0.6 btc. It's less than the value of the collateral because doge could crash before you repay and it would no longer cover the value of the loan.
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:06:27 PM

Thanks  Smiley
Your 400000 doge is worth about 0.76 btc at the moment, so I could give you a loan of about 0.6 btc. It's less than the value of the collateral because doge could crash before you repay and it would no longer cover the value of the loan.

I also have 26 million PND coin, worth over 1 BTC at Cryptorush / Swisscex. Trying to get the most I can, since I definitely need it. Appreciate you working with me.
austin

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:27:49 PM

I also have 26 million PND coin, worth over 1 BTC at Cryptorush / Swisscex. Trying to get the most I can, since I definitely need it. Appreciate you working with me.
It's too risky to take panda right now because they're only worth a few satoshis and there aren't many bids on either exchange. If they drop at all, they'll lose a large portion of their value.
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:42:24 PM

It's too risky to take panda right now because they're only worth a few satoshis and there aren't many bids on either exchange. If they drop at all, they'll lose a large portion of their value.

Currently worried about taking a lot of smaller loans as opposed to a single larger one, as regardless I still need the larger value. What do you suggest I do?
austin

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:32:00 PM

Currently worried about taking a lot of smaller loans as opposed to a single larger one, as regardless I still need the larger value. What do you suggest I do?
You could sell your computers and gaming consoles or use them as collateral for a loan, but that would be fairly expensive to ship. If you do decide that you want a loan, I can give you one for your doge.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

Dude!  Problem solved!  

I wasn't going to go there...glad someone did Grin

I was being 100% serious.  This morning the OP was surrounded by hundreds of gullible people that believe anything they are told.  He could have gotten his "loan" easily from them.

In any case, no need to keep wasting money on school if he is going to ignore the facts and believe fairy tales.  Loan no longer needed!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: