Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:55:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl?  (Read 2148 times)
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:22:13 PM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?

Generally I would sell such a quantity to cover my investment. And the rest of the coins will hold and I will wait for more profit. According to the market, I can sell some of them and invest them in another coin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

It depends on a situation I am in. If I need a fast money I could sell all of my earnings at once. But, most of the times, Im keep some amount for the better days.
fadlyzuld

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:01:51 PM

I think I will sell around 50%. If the price still go up, I will continue to sell around 25% more and hold the rest. If the price falls down less than 6K, I will buy it again by the money that I have from selling 50% BTC before that
petloer

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:03:49 PM

I think I will sell the whole it and buy when the price fall because I believe it will gain again. From my observing I saw lot of investor make huge profit because they buy when the price down. So I think it’s the best decision.
waterisgood

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:07:04 PM

I think I will sell the whole it and buy when the price fall because I believe it will gain again. From my observing I saw lot of investor make huge profit because they buy when the price down. So I think it’s the best decision.
Selling 100% while having a negative balance is not good.
johan36

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:10:05 PM

I choose to sell all 100% , don't lose the opportunity , collect the profit even not much , then you buy again when the price down.
theyoungmillionaire007

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:37:03 PM

Actually the tactics will depend on the holders of the coin. Such tactics will vary from person to person. I will sell 80% of the coins and then buy again when the price is low. Other can have different than me.
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:47:40 PM

I would sell most of my holding at a decent profit but I won't sell 100%, wait and see if the market goes further up I'd sell remaining as well and then wait for it to go down to buy again. In my opinion, buying/selling in parts is a lot better than doing it all once. that way you can create multiple entry/exit points and not all your holding could stuck in loss anytime.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
YoungMaster

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:12:21 PM

In aspect of trading it's reasonable to sell your bitcoin when got 100% profits, as you could reinvest afterwards in other altcoins.
Unless you are believer or holder that's still waitting until bitcoin back to above $12k.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Script

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

I am a supporter of the second tactics, when the part is still held. I always leave a chance that bitcoin can jump up a little more after the main jump.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
LinkinPrak852

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:40:45 PM

Well no. That will be a very silly move. It is better to save a portion of it to invest it further and we can do whatever we want to do with the rest of the profit. Selling it all is a dicey move.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:50:01 PM

I am into long term investing. I usually set a price target for my coins and won’t sell until it reach the price target. This strategy is good for me because I won’t miss out on the maximum potential of the coins.
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:06:32 PM

The tactics I will use is that I will sell 50% of it and retain the remaining 50% that way I will not lose much should in case the price keeps going up, but if it dips, I have already collected some profit, so I will do it in such a way, that I will gain both ways.
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:13:27 PM

I am planning to sell my coins during next pump, so I have to be better prepared for the next bull run. It was a mistake to hodl all my altcoins during the last pump in the beginning of the 2018, because I lost a good chance to make a profit.
In my, strategies to avoid losses of coin I halves my earnings, I currently hold for a short term because my intention is to earn wuick profit and not hodl for a long time because we can't predict what will happen.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Atfirstno

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:19:04 PM

Yes, I generally do something like what you are mentioning, however I think that most of the profits I am getting I am tempted to invest it all again, I don't know, I think that is the best way to make even more profits.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:23:58 PM

In my case, I have a trading account in binance if I get 33.33% profit by buying bitcoin at 6k$, I will take 100% profit. Then place an order again.

Also I have coins for long term that's not in my exchange account and will only sell it at 100% above profit.
Hui Ling

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:47:04 PM

I will sell all the coins I hold if I have already made a profit, and I will buy a new coin and hold it until I get more profit.
BlackRogue

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:02:52 PM

Yes, I don't like to take risk and later get depressed or lose my cool when I make loss. For people who have these tendencies it is better to sell the whole lot rather than holding. When price goes down you can invest again if you are not happy with your previous profit.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:08:52 PM

It totally depends on what your financial goals are.

If your goal is to make a couple thousand dollars extra, then yes, of course I would sell it.
but if my goal is to earn a substantial amount, say 100,000usd or more, than it would be much different.

In that case, it is best to take advantage of crypto's volatility in price.
here's a simple example:

You bought btc at 10k, it rises to 12k, you sell it all for cash and keep that cash in a seperate bank account so you don't spend it.
Wait a couple weeks or month btc crashes down to 9k.
Then you take the 12k that you earned and use it all to buy btc at the new 9k price.

Very simple tactic that increases your capital at a steady pace; you bascially want to steadily increase the overall amount of crypto you have.
Then, you can eventually aim for a huge future selloff when you reach your financial goals.

dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:09:51 PM

Yes, I don't like to take risk and later get depressed or lose my cool when I make loss. For people who have these tendencies it is better to sell the whole lot rather than holding. When price goes down you can invest again if you are not happy with your previous profit.

that is true but if prices continue to rise and it will make us more disappointed and I prefer to sell some and look back at price movements and if the color tends to flush, then I will sell it quickly and buy it back at a lower price again

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: