Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New price $6K for Jingtian 28nm 1T miner  (Read 5249 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:21:00 PM

“ In fact, since launched in January, more than 50 sets of JT Miners have been running stably in mining pools for half month without any crashes or hardware problems. The real life performance has been excellent: with 1TH/s hash computing power under low-power mode (can be overclocked as high as 1.2 TH/S under better cooling condition), the power consumption is 640W (ASIC consumption) when being tested on wall socket at 923W (can be optimized at 750W-830W in the newer version). These figures suggest that JT Miner is the most powerful and one of the most energy efficient Bitcoin mining devices utilizing the smallest silicon die area in the market. ”[http://www.jtminer.com/jt-miner-goes-live-for-sale ]

Now we know who has been cashing-out all the BTC...

So... mining since January... with 50THs+... Now you can't get reward, so you are "selling" your used hardware, since you contributed to the fall of BTC value directly.

$6000 here in the forums, but your website you say $8000... And still pre-order.

Yet, for less, everyone is selling those same miners, also as a pre-order.

What advantage do we have by buying your over-priced used miners, or hope for the new ones that are pre-orders. I am not seeing the advantage here. You could make more just buying the existing miners, and reselling them.

I suppose you might have a good china-base... But at those prices, the units are not any kind of advantage to anyone in china.

Good to see you got them running, almost two months ago. Why didn't you sell them than. (Oh wait, I bet you did, and changed names. So you are using other peoples pre-orders, made a new company, get more pre-orders, change your name again, and have 2x more miners to dump on the BTC markets.)

Might want to try e-bay... (Though, I am sure you are there selling too, the same 50 miners you already have running.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:51:34 PM

“ In fact, since launched in January, more than 50 sets of JT Miners have been running stably in mining pools for half month without any crashes or hardware problems. The real life performance has been excellent: with 1TH/s hash computing power under low-power mode (can be overclocked as high as 1.2 TH/S under better cooling condition), the power consumption is 640W (ASIC consumption) when being tested on wall socket at 923W (can be optimized at 750W-830W in the newer version). These figures suggest that JT Miner is the most powerful and one of the most energy efficient Bitcoin mining devices utilizing the smallest silicon die area in the market. ”[http://www.jtminer.com/jt-miner-goes-live-for-sale ]

Now we know who has been cashing-out all the BTC...

So... mining since January... with 50THs+... Now you can't get reward, so you are "selling" your used hardware, since you contributed to the fall of BTC value directly.

$6000 here in the forums, but your website you say $8000... And still pre-order.

Yet, for less, everyone is selling those same miners, also as a pre-order.

What advantage do we have by buying your over-priced used miners, or hope for the new ones that are pre-orders. I am not seeing the advantage here. You could make more just buying the existing miners, and reselling them.

I suppose you might have a good china-base... But at those prices, the units are not any kind of advantage to anyone in china.

Good to see you got them running, almost two months ago. Why didn't you sell them than. (Oh wait, I bet you did, and changed names. So you are using other peoples pre-orders, made a new company, get more pre-orders, change your name again, and have 2x more miners to dump on the BTC markets.)

Might want to try e-bay... (Though, I am sure you are there selling too, the same 50 miners you already have running.)

They are on ebay but not sure if resellers scam or actual Jingtian themselves.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

I will sell same product for $300 discount, if anybody is interested.
seeksilence

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:19:00 PM

I am not sure what can be disclosed. So I will wait for skyfromwell to update the information. BTW, our miners are NOT sold on ebay now.  You CANNOT have the same miner as ours since it is never sold before. Someone just copycatted our old design with defects and built a few sample miners. So be cautious.

qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:28:05 PM

I am not sure what can be disclosed. So I will wait for skyfromwell to update the information. BTW, our miners are NOT sold on ebay now.  You CANNOT have the same miner as ours since it is never sold before. Someone just copycatted our old design with defects and built a few sample miners. So be cautious.

people won't care for stories, about 'be cautious'. or who copy what. only thing is hardware in front of them working nicely, if cheaper they will buy from cheaper source who can deliver quickly

and the cheaper source is not ebay of course, i had kept eye on it before I hear of other reseller and your start this announcement days later
skyfromwell (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:28:47 AM

As guys here suggested, we are contacting ckolivas now, and if it is success, we will have someone fly to Australia with our system.

Meanwhile we send out sample units to USA and Europe now. I will try to get hold with Luke Jr for his professional opionion. Anyone knows how to contact with Kano?

Thanks.
jayson001

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:59:19 AM

good point, KyrosKrane. We only focused on the fact not the bad mouth. I hope the miners companies could should more valid proof here, instead of only promises. I appreciate the fact that JT miner showing their real testing rigs running in a pool. I think this is valid proof that they have real rigs, and the stability and power consumption won't lie. We should encourage more companies to come out here doing the same things. I personally won't pay a penny until I saw the real running rigs showing me the promising results.

On this, I disagree.  A link to pool stats is meaningless.  They could have just about anything generating those terahashes on the back end.  Even worse, assuming they really are real and functioning miners, then the pool stats are proof that they're pre-mining with the machines until they're worthless, at which point they will deliver them.  Not encouraging.

Real proof would be a video of the mining rig running, hooked up to a PC (or whatever) and very clearly isolated from other machines. Real proof would be honest communication about what chips are powering the machine, how many per board, how to hook it up, what power requirements are, and so on, alongside the video.  Real proof would be sending the machines to a few different trusted board members (I'd suggest ckolivas, Kano, and Luke-jr as they're the primary developers of mining software, plus a couple of hero-level members with good trust levels and plenty of trade history) for them to run, evaluate, and post photos and videos.

This is a suspicious community, and with good reason -- there are plenty of new scams every day, and most of them start out a lot like this post does.  When proof of a working product is provided, the community almost literally throws money at these legit firms.  Sadly, the less experienced will also throw money at the scammers, resulting in many fleeced newbies. As a community, we're hard on unproven companies in part to protect the newbies, and in part to protect ourselves.  But prove yourself to be a valuable contributor, and you will be welcomed with oodles of cash and coin.

KyrosKrane, I totally agree. Great point. Maybe we should start a new thread for fact-checking of new 28nm ASIC companies. It will be very helpful for miners to tell what's the promises/lies and what's the facts.
oswin

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:47:44 AM

http://content.screencast.com/users/OswinChong/folders/open/media/cf7960b9-48ac-4ac2-82e2-5541e9c0d57c/11.JPG
every 1 let see what the seller say on the china Chat room
when the price before collapse,all they want is looking some one to buy thoes miner,and now they looking was sell each T with around 4K usd(25000 rmb) to cover they lost,so if this not a scam or even like the joke? before i break they scam in china QQ chat room ,they was talking sell a miner like (ferrari) will keep profit 999 day mine until all the coin release in the world is that cool right??
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:28:16 PM

I am in progress of reviewing a unit form jtminer.
There are some interesting details that have come to light.
I do not recommend buying a unit until a trusted forum member such as myself verifies their legitimacy.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:33:32 PM

I do not recommend buying a unit until a trusted forum member such as myself verifies their legitimacy.

So a trusted member such as yourself does not recommend purchasing these? 

Thanks.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:38:50 PM

So a trusted member such as yourself does not recommend purchasing these? 

Thanks.

bobsag 3 has one and likes it, and if greaterninja says it is a good product too. I would buy 1.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

bobsag 3 has one and likes it, and if greaterninja says it is a good product too. I would buy 1.

Price is too high. Ants are cheaper and deliver sooner.

Buy & Hold
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:51:00 PM

Got that right.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:54:51 PM

Got that right.

Got 5 Ants from greaterninja 3 weeks ago, but I always like new toys.
yelloyello

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:14:25 AM

I'm running a hosting company for 15 years now. And every time I wonder the miracle ways of setting up a simple website with 1 email adress to sell some miners. Three continents and 4 providers to get it work, or to get hide like minershare.net
So this company has indeed something to do with China as you can see. But for the transparancy, they better ordered a domain name including hosting and email by one single chinese company. When you ask that amount of money for a miner, payed upfront, it is better to show who you are, where you are, and that you have nothing to hide.

Domain registered at Godaddy
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Steve Wen
Registrant Organization: JTminer
Registrant Street: 345 E. Congress Pkwy.
Registrant City: Crystal Lake
Registrant State/Province: Illinois
Registrant Postal Code: 60014
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.8154593618
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: sales@jtminer.com
Website IP registered in Shanghai
Your www.jtminer.com A record is: www.jtminer.com -> jtminer.com -> [ 211.152.36.16  ]
Provided by a company in the UK (??)
(Viacloud UK Ltd. 209 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London)
netname:        SH-21VIANET
descr:          21vianet (shanghai), Inc.
descr:          129 Yan An Rd(W.) Shanghai, China
admin-c:        XL442-AP
tech-c:         YZ2222-AP
mnt-by:         MAINT-CNNIC-AP
mnt-lower:      MAINT-CNNIC-AP
mnt-routes:     MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed:        ipas@cnnic.cn 20090927
source:         APNIC
Email goes to Google as mailserver:
10   aspmx.l.google.com   173.194.70.27 (no glue)
seeksilence

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:17:32 AM

I haven't heard we have sent out the sample units yet. Maybe I need to get the information updated.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:08:27 AM

As guys here suggested, we are contacting ckolivas now, and if it is success, we will have someone fly to Australia with our system.

Meanwhile we send out sample units to USA and Europe now. I will try to get hold with Luke Jr for his professional opionion. Anyone knows how to contact with Kano?

Thanks.
With me? Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Ronin1

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:40:37 PM

I haven't heard we have sent out the sample units yet. Maybe I need to get the information updated.

Since you and Skyfromwell  seem to be in business together, it doesn’t make sense that you would not know samples have been sent out...

What’s the chances of a forum member conducting an onsite visit to your production facility in China? Validation and verification... might build trust!
And your prices are too high; There is better bang for the buck with proven miners that are already in production and being shipped.
I imagine your miners are still in the testing and development stage; you have not ramped up production because you are taking pre-orders to
acquire working capital, and you have no standing inventory for immediate shipment.
How will you keep up with orders if you have nothing in inventory to ship?

Have one or two of these forum members conduct an onsite visit to your production facility in China; and you foot the bill.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:51:55 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 06:42:37 PM by bobsag3

Since you and Skyfromwell  seem to be in business together, it doesn’t make sense that you would not know samples have been sent out...

What’s the chances of a forum member conducting an onsite visit to your production facility in China? Validation and verification... might build trust!
And your prices are too high; There is better bang for the buck with proven miners that are already in production and being shipped.
I imagine your miners are still in the testing and development stage; you have not ramped up production because you are taking pre-orders to
acquire working capital, and you have no standing inventory for immediate shipment.

Have one or two of these forum members conduct an onsite visit to your production facility in China; and you foot the bill.

Id be happy to make a trip out, need to go anyways for other business.

And if they pay for the trip, I can buy more miners instead Tongue
seeksilence

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:57:12 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 05:35:27 PM by seeksilence

Since you and Skyfromwell  seem to be in business together, it doesn’t make sense that you would not know samples have been sent out...

We are in different place, so I need some time to get the feedback. Skyfromwell knows the first-hand information. His words are more powerful than mine.

From my feedback, we have already contacted several trustful members. We will send out our sample units in 1-2 weeks.  I apologize if my words confused you.

We are in mass production for 1200T miners.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: