Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks accepting Bitcoin soon? Nope!  (Read 313 times)
sdipmlrp

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:11:59 AM

Apart from Starbucks, I think these well-known restaurants will begin to accept blockchain technology in a short time.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CafeCoinICO

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 12:46:43 AM

Hey cheezcarls,

As a coffee enthusiast myself, I understand your disappointment at the media for the misrepresentation. I believe that coffee and food services are a perfect adoption point for the cryptocurrency world due to the speed and scale of the transactions. By eliminating credit card fees and providing incentives for cryptocurrency use, we at CafeCoin strive to bring cryptocurrency into the food industry.

Best,
CafeCoin
https://cafe-coin.com/
haidil

Activity: 784
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:55:30 AM

if we can pay with bitcoin, of course we only carry the gadget. without having to carry cash. but sooner or later all can accept bitcoin I am sure of that, we are just waiting for time

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:29:33 AM

I’m a long time frappeholic of Starbucks, and I usually hanging out myself or with my friends there. There is a news plus a video from CNBC that Starbucks would finally accept Bitcoin soon.

However, it won’t happen as of this time as Starbucks clarifies media misrepresentation.

Take a look here guys: https://cointelegraph.com/news/no-coffee-for-bitcoin-starbucks-clarifies-as-media-misrepresent-its-new-crypto-venture

At first, I was excited because I am a long time customer of Starbucks in a local mall. But this was just sad.

I'm a regular subscriber of starbucks but I think it's just better when starbucks accepts payment by bitcoin because it's easier to pay for bitcoin if you do not have the money that bitcoin is paying you more.
BlakeMye

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:19:21 AM

If the news is correct and if starbucks really going to accept bitcoin them i must say will become a very good decision that they take because within a few years it will become accepted by all.
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:56:51 AM

There won't be any acceptance of Bitcoin as a payment option in the nearest future. We need a stable currency to make purchases so fiat wins for now.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:29:22 PM

Perhaps I'm still a bit in awe of Bitcoin. I think in terms of buying really important items with it, like gold jewellery or a car or maybe a house or something in the property line. I would never think in terms of using it to buy cups of coffee. Maybe that's silly. As Bitcoin becomes more everyday, I'll probably change my mind.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:51:36 PM

I’m a long time frappeholic of Starbucks, and I usually hanging out myself or with my friends there. There is a news plus a video from CNBC that Starbucks would finally accept Bitcoin soon.

However, it won’t happen as of this time as Starbucks clarifies media misrepresentation.

Take a look here guys: https://cointelegraph.com/news/no-coffee-for-bitcoin-starbucks-clarifies-as-media-misrepresent-its-new-crypto-venture

At first, I was excited because I am a long time customer of Starbucks in a local mall. But this was just sad.

LOL what happened with the 'misrepresent' ? So, starbuck won't accept bitcoin as their payment ?
I believe for now starbuck not yet using cryptocurrency, but in the future when many peoples use crypto they will accept crypto too.

SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:44:43 PM

Starbucks is a well known company across countries. Bitcoin has gain popularity this past few years, but clearly it still has a lot of issues.

One thing I see is if starbuck also charge us the transaction fees. It will cost more of course but surely starbucks' coffee prices won't adjust just to accomodate few crypto users. For now at least.

Yes, I think so too.
cold cool

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:02:13 PM

Chances are slim that starbucks will accept BTC, which has enough transaction fees to buy several times starbucks, unless BTC transaction fees are low.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: