Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An impossible but awesome idea  (Read 735 times)
mrowxlived (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:01:53 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 06:06:31 AM by mrowxlived

I thought to myself the other day, how awesome would it be if we could develop a P2P FDIC type system.  Nothing fancy, just a BTC pool of some sort, maybe a tumbler or cold storage, that each member would pay a small fee in ratio of the amount of BTC they'd like to insure. My first thoughts were which aspects of BTC could this be applied to, if any, and my second was how to prove the legitimacy of a member's claim.

The first thing I did was use google, I found https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=d8bmotg57l1vh1helbhd7t7eo0&topic=84540.0;all

This idea is close to mine, except I want to take loans out of the equation. My idea is to treat it like one big crowd fund that is supplied by and paid to it's members and operators. The part I think is impossible is the proof system. To cheat the system one would merely send BTC to an anonymous address and claim theft. I suppose to avoid this altogether we could use this BTC insurance as more of a chain of wallets, or a .... "wallet chain". Basically It would be a distribution of shared wallets across the internet/cold storage/whathaveyou where each member has the right to a certain amount of BTC and with the proper credentials can access those at any time. I know this is basically just an online wallet system that would operate like the BTC system on top of the existing BTC system, but it is my belief that some sort of PDIC (Peer Deposit Insurance Community) would be a major benefit to BTC as a whole!

All that being said, I am open to interpretation and suggestion, and I could care less who actually launches the site, but I want to be a member! I am not a great programmer, but I am a pretty decent design engineer, so if this project ever gets rolling, I would like to have at least a say in the basic GUI experience!

If this already exists somewhere, or is in progress, please inform me!

Oh, and of course, don't forget the little guy  Grin  :    

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: