Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin going back up? Is now the time to buy?  (Read 1492 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:28:46 AM

The prices on gox/stamp have been going up.  Does this mean that everything is slowly getting resolved and withdrawls from gox are coming soon?  Is so, why have gox not posted another update?  Will they wait until 2/24/14 (monday)?

Is gox just testing withdrawls, withdrawling their fake accounts so it looks like people are getting funds back (and raising confidence) etc.
If I were gox and allowing withdrawls I would post another message on the mtgox website.

When do you guys think prices will go back up to "normal" (680-820)
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:34:45 AM

Don't use price movements to deduce that specific facts have occured - it is a big mistake. Sometimes price just moves on it's own due to a group mentality and EVERYONE deducing that the event has occured so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy that the price goes up. Other times, a significant event HAS occured but it is not the one you are thinking about.
Teppino

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

bitcoin hates walls

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:44:40 AM

Tera i'd wish to buy you a beer your posts have always so much wisdom within
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:11:34 PM

In actuality, TERA's answer comes across as wise because the OP's post is just so, what's the diplomatic word here, idiotic.
IamComrade

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:33:16 PM

i am an economist by profession and i went through the dot com boom, bitcoin so far is playing 100% like the dot com boom in the 90s.

now is not the time to buy, there will be one more major dip in march but manipulators will test ur patience and make u buy high. When u buy high the price will suddenly crash.

This is if ur trying to get in low, on the long term it might not matter anyway,  i can say with 99% certainty that we will see $4000 / btc this year
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:44:43 PM

The prices on gox/stamp have been going up.  Does this mean that everything is slowly getting resolved and withdrawls from gox are coming soon?  Is so, why have gox not posted another update?  Will they wait until 2/24/14 (monday)?

Is gox just testing withdrawls, withdrawling their fake accounts so it looks like people are getting funds back (and raising confidence) etc.
If I were gox and allowing withdrawls I would post another message on the mtgox website.

I wouldn't get overly carried away by the price whiplashing that seems to be getting lead by Gox. If it is really Gox that is guiding the market at the moment then it is either wildly irrational investors (whose emotions will normalise) or clumsy bot traders (that must surely be reprogrammed).

If you are looking to go long I would be waiting for another break out above $640 and then a test of this level as a support, preferably on couple of occasions and on convincing volume. Even if this were to be a trend reversal and you weren't to get in until $680, this is surely better than $820 that the Bitcoin Nutters insisted were cheap coins as they implored you to buy into the market as you first arrived on the scene.

I stated yesterday that I believed Bitcoin would top out at $647 and then correct on low volume, eventually forcing hands of high volume Bitcoin buyers who drove price up to begin with. I can't take any credit for this call as Bitocin was already $620 when I said it and this is exactly the range that other users (MAbtc) have pinpointed as being upper limit of downtrend.

For me, the most likely scenario here is that Bitcoin slips further down retesting and probably breaching $540 support....although I was convinced that $540 was going to get breached last time around and since I am not trading at the moment, my market analysis is likely to be much sloppier than previously as quite frankly, I have already decided in my mind that Bitcoin is going down markedly lower and everything else is just noise......so I am probably not a great person to be listening to right now as far as short term forecasts go, but would like to think that I will be beating the drums for the right side of the trade just as soon as Bitcoin really has/is turning the corner.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

Don't buy now yet, prices will drop next week.
This currently still is a bulltrap with prices that are artificially raised.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:27:58 PM

There seems to be a lot of good news in the last few days. Careful not to miss the train waiting for cheap coins.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:28:51 PM

Buy a certain amount very week
Best way to cost average to a sensible level and address timing risk

Putera

Activity: 214
Merit: 105

Don't Be Stupid

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:36:57 PM

I believe bitcoin price will rise again .. woohoo

Vindihaaret

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:44:38 PM

I guess it would be a good idea to see how the gox thing  plays out the next week, if there are any news there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: