Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide on how to choose a wallet. Feedback appreciated!  (Read 141 times)
Anycoin Direct Support (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 12:54:18 PM

Hello fellow crypto-enthusiasts,

As a cryptocurrency broker we are always looking to find ways to make cryptocurrencies more accessible for everyone. We have noticed that for new users there is a very steep learning curve when starting with this technology. To help beginners out we wanted to create short but essential guides for them to get involved in the scene. In order to make sure they have enough knowledge to use the technology  and make sure their funds are safe we believe these short guides will prove to be resourceful for new users.

Making sure your funds are safe and secure starts by choosing the right kind of wallet. The first guide we have made has just been published on Medium in order to get some feedback and input before publishing it on our website.
Check out the guide here.

As this guide is the first article we have written specifically to help users make the right choice concerning which wallet to pick, we would appreciate any feedback to improve it further!

With kind regards
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:05:13 PM

1. I think you should explain more about private keys.
2. Why exchanges are not good option for long term holding.
3. Some examples for wallets which you described. (you can use some referral/affiliate links for this Wink )

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:25:29 PM

3. Some examples for wallets which you described. (you can use some referral/affiliate links for this Wink )

1. Thank you for this advice, we plan to make a separate guide for private and public keys as it is a very complex topic. However, a short explanation should be presented in this guide as well.
2. Good one, we do not want to be too negative against exchanges though. We will try to include it in the part of private keys, as on exchanges you do not control your own private keys.
3. As for your third point, we are considering making guides specifically for a few of the most popular clients. In this guide we didn't want to promote any specific coin or wallet this time to remain neutral.

Again thank you very much for your input!

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:31:52 PM

This is a good guide, a good starting point for someone who's completely brand new to cryptocurrency. What your guide doesn't answer is the next logical question a visitor to your article would ask - so which cryptocurrency wallet should I use?

When I provide this advice to others I offer the following two resources (you should consider doing the same):

(1) Bitcoin.org Choose Your Wallet - the single best site to get acquainted with some of the best bitcoin wallets based on the type of wallet and how the user wants to access their wallet

(2) Cryptocompare Wallet Reviews - once you know the different kind of wallets, this is the best site to review a greater selection of wallets and not just fo Bitcoin but for many other cryptocurrencies

wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:18:13 PM

there are different wallet for tokens but in means of your consideration , l will like to let you that any wallet that have private keys are good for storage of your token such wave decentralized wallet , myetherwallet , stellar wallet and neo wallet are are compatible with most recent tokens.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:33:23 PM

This is a good guide, a good starting point for someone who's completely brand new to cryptocurrency. What your guide doesn't answer is the next logical question a visitor to your article would ask - so which cryptocurrency wallet should I use?

When I provide this advice to others I offer the following two resources (you should consider doing the same):

(1) Bitcoin.org Choose Your Wallet - the single best site to get acquainted with some of the best bitcoin wallets based on the type of wallet and how the user wants to access their wallet

(2) Cryptocompare Wallet Reviews - once you know the different kind of wallets, this is the best site to review a greater selection of wallets and not just fo Bitcoin but for many other cryptocurrencies

Thank you for your feedback, we realize this is the next question users would ask themselves. We do like users to make their own decision after being informed as to which wallets suits them best. As for the websites you suggested, we will see if we can use Bitcoin.org in the guide so that new users have a broad selection of wallets to choose from. We fear that Cryptocompare is a little too much, and that this site would possibly overwhelm new users with the abundance of wallet-clients they can choose from.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:58:11 PM

there are different wallet for tokens but in means of your consideration , l will like to let you that any wallet that have private keys are good for storage of your token such wave decentralized wallet , myetherwallet , stellar wallet and neo wallet are are compatible with most recent tokens.

Thanks for the feedback! You are right that we have not given any explanations specifically regarding tokens.  The plan is to make more guides in the future, including one to explain the difference between coins, tokens and protocols. This current guide should serve as the first stepping stone to help new users choose a wallet, later we will delve deeper into explaining the differences between the type of coins and tokens.

7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:18:41 PM

1. Thank you for this advice, we plan to make a separate guide for private and public keys as it is a very complex topic. However, a short explanation should be presented in this guide as well.
2. Good one, we do not want to be too negative against exchanges though. We will try to include it in the part of private keys, as on exchanges you do not control your own private keys.
3. As for your third point, we are considering making guides specifically for a few of the most popular clients. In this guide we didn't want to promote any specific coin or wallet this time to remain neutral.

Again thank you very much for your input!
No problem.
If you need someone to give some feedback more often I can help you. I have a little experience in this field and I was also community manager so I have some ideas of what people don't understand. If you are interested shoot me a PM for further details.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:09:23 AM

We have decided to add several of the suggestions you stated. In the beginning there is now a short piece about private keys and exchanges. Furthermore we have also added bitcoin.org as an example of where to find community recommended wallets for bitcoin.

Check the implemented changes here: https://medium.com/@Anycoindirect/choosing-a-cryptocurrency-wallet-5d0f9771245a

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: