Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:09:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Direct Debit ?  (Read 1018 times)
mano0 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:25:31 PM

Guys,

Good day all,

I am searching for bitcoin exchanging/buying/selling website (e.g. similar to coinbase, bitstamp, btcquick, could be even similar to localbitcoins) whos financial department (or localbitcoins if user to user exchanges) could, Direct Debit (=direct charge/take of funds) USA bank account, after I already verify the ownership of bank account. The only option I found so far is coinbase - they said their ACH system (ach isn't the same as direct debit as we all know) will work exactly the same as direct debit, even without me needing to schedule ach transfer which is necessary for ACH transfers. So again: I am searching for possibility where could I buy bitcoins via Direct Debit of funds on bank account. Is anyone familiar with that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:43:50 PM

so your telling me, that for the inconvenience of pressing 5 buttons on a mouse, every week/month (whichever schedule you prefer). you truly wish to again mentioning the laziness.. you wish to give powers to a third party which you have never personally met, to take money from you?

im sorry but many people would prefer to tell the third party when funds are going to be sent to the third party, instead of allowing the third party to take the funds freely.

im thinking your missing the whole point of why the banking system and its trust is failing and why people are preferring bitcoins in the first place. it is a silly idea to give third parties control of your finances. especially for the price of 5 mouse clicks at a time

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:52:16 PM

I am not familiar with how it works in the US, but in EU every national Direct Debit scheme includes a strong guarantee that the sender can have their funds back on receipt of a complaint, no questions asked, often for a period of up to 12 months in the future.

That is the kind of safeguard required for a system where the recipient can request any amount of funds any time.

As a direct consequence, it is fairly difficult to get a bank to allow you to request (originate) Direct Debits. Often it requires a large bond to pay any chargebacks out of. As soon as you start to get reports of fraud they will cut you off.

It is easy to get a third party to do the Direct Debits for you (e.g. GoCardless), but they tend to keep your money for a week in order to pay any chargebacks, and will also can you once you have a few.

So, if Direct Debit in the US is anything like this—and I can't see how it would be that much different, if the intent is to allow recipients to trigger them—it sounds completely unsuitable for any business that deals in bitcoin.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:37:43 PM

Buying coins automatically at a set time, regardless of the exchange rate would be pretty close to insanity.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:45:00 PM

so your telling me, that for the inconvenience of pressing 5 buttons on a mouse, every week/month (whichever schedule you prefer). you truly wish to again mentioning the laziness.. you wish to give powers to a third party which you have never personally met, to take money from you?

im sorry but many people would prefer to tell the third party when funds are going to be sent to the third party, instead of allowing the third party to take the funds freely.

im thinking your missing the whole point of why the banking system and its trust is failing and why people are preferring bitcoins in the first place. it is a silly idea to give third parties control of your finances. especially for the price of 5 mouse clicks at a time

lol, people dont think the banking system is failing and people dont prefer bitcoins.  if "people" .means, you know, ordinary people who dont have bitcoins.....BITCOIN IS SHIT for transactions.  you cant buy at a store, you cant use it for micro transactions  (you cant easily and cheaply).

Magic Internet Money is where its gonna be at Smiley

at least its easy to explain Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: