Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 10:19:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRE-SALE] MEERKAT - A utility token designed for local merchants  (Read 609 times)
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:59:38 AM

I think you will be interested in investors with your project. You have a well-developed marketing comany, a well-designed website. but why on this page there was little activity on the part of the participants, and on the part of managers. few ask questions. why so.

Dear Margary,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

The reason why our management is not really involved in here (and other social media) is because they are extremely busy with merchant negotiations for the Private-Sale period (which will run simultaneously with Public-Sale).

On the other hand I have to say that the top management are not blockchain experts. They are experts of tourism, advertising and finance. Their job is to push mass adoption forward by keep doing what they do which is getting there phisically and negotiate in person. The crypto aspect of the business is handled by devs only. For example this is why we resist all schill/bounty initiatives. We told the management that we shall stand of out the ICO crowd by not doing any sintethic pumps. Bottom line is we are responsible for crypto and crowd-sale. The management is responsible for actual business and private-sale. However you can talk to them via our telegram group. They are all there watching Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlanMilano

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:24:29 AM

I know some several project provide the service for the package matching with block chain. Project success in the last time is Locktrip.
Mặc dù concept concept of two project is different different but but same as a field, so MEERKAT must be against a different tranh.
I have join on ICO Locktrip and now to follow MEERKAT, if the best development will be see a join.
Waiting update ...
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:39:36 AM

I know some several project provide the service for the package matching with block chain. Project success in the last time is Locktrip.
Mặc dù concept concept of two project is different different but but same as a field, so MEERKAT must be against a different tranh.
I have join on ICO Locktrip and now to follow MEERKAT, if the best development will be see a join.
Waiting update ...

Hi Alan and thank you so much for joining the discussion.

I have to say there is kinda big difference between our project and the one you mentioned. To me it seems that they are totally focusing on travel accomodation. It is like 10% of our business. We have a few hotels in our merchant portfolio but it is not in our focus at all. We are targeting local merchants (restaurants, bars, cafeterias and popular sightseeing destinations.
Going for accomodation can be pretty hard I think. I mean you have to compete with giants like Booking. Now I know how we all like to say that everything is better on a blockchain. However accomodation reservation is a difficult story. There you cannot make mistakes because if I travel hundreds or thousands of kilometers and then end with a false or invalid reservation I will be in big trougle right? I think thats why Booking is so popular. They have a superior customer service. They have built in guarantees, free cancellation and stuff. These are all very important customer protection features. You can try to compete with it but who said it would work better on a blockchain. It probably wont.

Bottom line is not every industry is easy to adopt with crypto. Not every database works better on a blockchain. I thnik it is very important for crypto startups to focus on areas where they can "easily" succeed. Beating a great service provider like Booking is not an easy task. That why we dont aim for these hights. Smiley
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1702

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:42:06 AM
Merited by crypto mania (2)

I think you will be interested in investors with your project. You have a well-developed marketing comany, a well-designed website. but why on this page there was little activity on the part of the participants, and on the part of managers. few ask questions. why so.

Dear Margary,

The reason why our management is not really involved in here (and other social media) is because they are extremely busy with merchant negotiations for the Private-Sale period (which will run simultaneously with Public-Sale).

On the other hand I have to say that the top management are not blockchain experts. They are experts of tourism, advertising and finance. Their job is to push mass adoption forward by keep doing what they do which is getting there phisically and negotiate in person. The crypto aspect of the business is handled by devs only. For example this is why we resist all schill/bounty initiatives. We told the management that we shall stand of out the ICO crowd by not doing any sintethic pumps. Bottom line is we are responsible for crypto and crowd-sale. The management is responsible for actual business and private-sale. However you can talk to them via our telegram group. They are all there watching Smiley

I like this explanation very much. This is really important for an ICO to be transparent as much as possible.

Of course, your explanation @meerkatoken about bounty campaign caught my attention because I am in crypto almost from the beginning and never heard that a token is seen as an security because of bounty campaign, accordingly to the SEC rules. Like I said this is something new for me and if possible I would like to know the source of this information.

Keep reading about Meerkat and I see this working but don't forget about a desktop app or to add a possibility to login and operate from laptop or desktop not limit your product to the app only, I personally think this is a big mistake. Still, a lot of people don't use them and sometimes I experienced a problem when there was no possibility to interact with the product because of the app (working only on IOS).

meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:25:17 AM

Dear Margary,

I like this explanation very much. This is really important for an ICO to be transparent as much as possible.

Of course, your explanation @meerkatoken about bounty campaign caught my attention because I am in crypto almost from the beginning and never heard that a token is seen as an security because of bounty campaign, accordingly to the SEC rules. Like I said this is something new for me and if possible I would like to know the source of this information.

Keep reading about Meerkat and I see this working but don't forget about a desktop app or to add a possibility to login and operate from laptop or desktop not limit your product to the app only, I personally think this is a big mistake. Still, a lot of people don't use them and sometimes I experienced a problem when there was no possibility to interact with the product because of the app (working only on IOS).

Dear WW,

Thanks so much for your remarks. I would like to shortly reflect to the issues you raised.

Desktop app:

To be honest we havent think about to launch such at all. The main reason being the fact that our management is negotiating with merchants for more than a year now. All of them are interested in our project beacuse there is a mobile payment system they can use without any modification in their current systems. In fact our project is pretty useless without the audio guide app as this is the only tool to lead crypto customers directly to our merchants. Otherwise they wont find each other so... you get the point. Smiley

SEC security issue wiht bounty programs:

It is not a surprise that you havent heard of this as it is THE BIGGEST current issue with 99% of ICOs. You can find articles on this as some expert covered this already in major articles yet it is something noone want to talk about (even if you think you invested in a utility token, it ends up being a security investment if there was a bounty).

The short explanation is:

So their idea is based on the Howey Test. The SEC’s Howey Test labels a transaction an investment contract (and, most likely, a security) if “profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party,” which almost always occurs when a project is promoted as part of a bounty program, and free token means there’s an implied expectation of profit. These guidelines indicate all bounty-promoted tokens are securities

I know it seems very bad news but this is the reality noone wants to consider. We do. Smiley

Findicoico

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:57:58 AM

Hi everyone! Just added this incredible ICO to my website   https://findico.io/ico/meerkat   Findico.io is a free ICO listing and rating platform. Blockchain community supported by a wide range of experts. Airdrops, Bounties, Exchanges, ICO services and many more.
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:16:29 PM

Hi everyone! Just added this incredible ICO to my website   https://findico.io/ico/meerkat   Findico.io is a free ICO listing and rating platform. Blockchain community supported by a wide range of experts. Airdrops, Bounties, Exchanges, ICO services and many more.

Hello,

Thank you so much for adding our Token to your website. It is highly appreciated that you do such work and spending your own time for adding us. More proactive people like you could help the community to grow.

Best wishes,

Meerkat Team
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:42:23 PM

Guys,

I've found the original article about the SEC - ICO Bounty issue. Please evaluate for yourself:

https://hackernoon.com/rest-in-peace-ico-bounty-programs-fc1e1e04e867
delarey

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:25:21 PM

The ticker "MCT" is already in use by another coin.
delarey

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:38:53 PM

Your team is amazing at being invisible. It seems that either none of you have ever done anything or surfed the web in you lives, or you do not exist. What gives?
asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:47:43 PM

Yeah you're right, its Master Contract Token (MCT). He appeared only this month. Not attentive in the future can make a mistake, since Master Contract Token this NEP-5 token from NEO chain and MEERKAT this ERC20 token.
rashio

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:21:14 PM

Yes, unfortunately it has owned by another project. why they don't know about it. so now, only one solution, It seems they must change the token symbol. MERK is a better choice I think since no project has that abbreviation yet. 
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:31:03 PM

Hello and thanks for the heads up. We know about it its on another blockchain. Anyway tickers can be the same for many projects. One day we will run out of 3 digit tikers anyway Smiley
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:42:57 PM

Yeah you're right, its Master Contract Token (MCT). He appeared only this month. Not attentive in the future can make a mistake, since Master Contract Token this NEP-5 token from NEO chain and MEERKAT this ERC20 token.

Hey we know about this but we wont change our abbrev for the Token as its on a different chain. Ours is the only ERC20 with this symbol so should not be a problem. Anyway I believe investors dont make such an easy mistake mixing up totally different projects based on their abbrevs... It could be a problem on tradingview for pairs trading but thats another story.
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:55:11 PM

Yes, unfortunately it has owned by another project. why they don't know about it. so now, only one solution, It seems they must change the token symbol. MERK is a better choice I think since no project has that abbreviation yet.  

Hey thanks and as other addressed we know about this but it doesnt matter since that other token runs on NEO. If you have an ERC20 compatible wallet like myether than the only MCT you will find there is Meerkat. Should not be a problem. I personally invest in projects that I dont even remember the symbol of from the top of my mind. But I do remember the name of these projects. Dont make any action based on symbols.  Wink
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

Your team is amazing at being invisible. It seems that either none of you have ever done anything or surfed the web in you lives, or you do not exist. What gives?

Dear delarey,

What do you mean by being invisible ? Our company is a leading toursit guide / advertising agency. As discussed earlier on this thread the management of this firm is not made of blockchain experts. It is four of us working on this from the blockchain perspective. Everbody else has nothing to do with blockchain development except for using crypto on a daily basis.
i can also tell you that we are one of the most transparent projects out there. We dont use schills, fake comments, fake followers, fake articles, bounties nothing like that. Exactly because we do everything transparent. We dont use tricks to fool our investors.
This is in fact our first blockchain project. You wont find any ICO history from us as we dont jump from one project to another. We are dedicated working on this and this only. Since we posted the announcement yesterday evening what you can find is all we have right now. Our external coinzilla marketing campaign will start next week. Believe me we are as transparent as possible. Unless you are willing to see my facebook. Thats not gonna happen bro I have some pictures from the past not being appropriate  Roll Eyes Grin
inflr

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:13:10 PM

Have the project an Instagram? I really like this!
glasbren

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Meerkat trying to make a breakthrough by making the possibilities for cryptocurrency to used as payment method in real world application.
In the future we would be able to utilize this token/coins easily to makes everyday payment.
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:31:33 PM

Have the project an Instagram? I really like this!

Dear inflr,

Thank you so much for being here. The company itself doesnt have an instagram, but the magazine editor branch office has.

You can find it here: https://www.instagram.com/havefunbudapest/
Okky ID

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

meerkatoken, do you have a plan to have an ecosystem consisting from supporters of Meerkat project? I think it should be there. The ecosystem will have an important influence to help the project be developed later.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: