Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:32:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRE-SALE] MEERKAT - A utility token designed for local merchants  (Read 620 times)
5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 03:53:22 PM

In short we know our business and we know our financial limits. We accept high-class merchants only meaning that they have to be in their field for at least 5 years and we have a longer list of metrics where we evaluate our partnerts anyway. Obviously the higher the income of a merchant the less likely that it will sell Tokens for less then what they bought it for. Also most of our merchants have some investment strategy on their own. Most of them are actually pretty familiar with the stock market. These merchants wont panic in case of a dip. But on the other hand we have to show confidence in our project buy making a contractual promise that if nooone else is willing to buy their Tokens, at least the issuer will.

Again price volatility is something that we are used to in crypto. Most of the general businesses wont accept it. They will gladly accept an increasing value but not the decrease. I mean they wont tolerate a -10% dip in one day thats for sure. So we can decide whether to face this and say I am confident and you can count on me. Or we wont make it through to mass adoption.

I assume we talk about the price volatility pegged to $, which brings me to my concern: This system works if the coin can be used outside of the closed ecosystem. I don't understand why a merchant would complicate his life dealing with the market, considering he still uses $ for his daily purchases.

If this would be adopted by, let's say, a super-market brand, I see how it would work, because the token becomes useful for buying daily necessities, but again, why would a business do that outside of a possibility for the value of the token to increase in price. If the $ is stable, using a token seems like an extra headache.

To sum it up, I don't know how many people with business share our view regarding the long term instability of $, they just care about having a working business, from which he can withdraw profits in whatever currency that is used somewhere else.  

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:00:08 PM

In short we know our business and we know our financial limits. We accept high-class merchants only meaning that they have to be in their field for at least 5 years and we have a longer list of metrics where we evaluate our partnerts anyway. Obviously the higher the income of a merchant the less likely that it will sell Tokens for less then what they bought it for. Also most of our merchants have some investment strategy on their own. Most of them are actually pretty familiar with the stock market. These merchants wont panic in case of a dip. But on the other hand we have to show confidence in our project buy making a contractual promise that if nooone else is willing to buy their Tokens, at least the issuer will.

Again price volatility is something that we are used to in crypto. Most of the general businesses wont accept it. They will gladly accept an increasing value but not the decrease. I mean they wont tolerate a -10% dip in one day thats for sure. So we can decide whether to face this and say I am confident and you can count on me. Or we wont make it through to mass adoption.

I assume we talk about the price volatility pegged to $, which brings me to my concern: This system works if the coin can be used outside of the closed ecosystem. I don't understand why a merchant would complicate his life dealing with the market, considering he still uses $ for his daily purchases.

If this would be adopted by, let's say, a super-market brand, I see how it would work, because the token becomes useful for buying daily necessities, but again, why would a business do that outside of a possibility for the value of the token to increase in price. If the $ is stable, using a token seems like an extra headache.

To sum it up, I don't know how many people with business share our view regarding the long term instability of $, they just care about having a working business, from which he can withdraw profits in whatever currency that is used somewhere else.  

Hi there !

Thanks for your constructive comment and in fact you are totally right. Your point is that why any merchant would accept crypto if not for future prcie gains. This is a really good question and in fact it could have been a weak point of our project. Or any crypto project really.

Here is our answer: An diverse audio guide application that leads crypto customers directly to the premises of the acceptance point. So the short answer is we guarantee new customers to show up with crypto. You are totally right wihtout this aspect not many merchants would be interested. In fact the management gets this objection all the time. Merchants refuse to accept crypto becuse they say noone has ever wanted to pay with crypto in their shop. So why would they accept it ? From who ?

That is why we came up with this business model. Your question leads to the main pourpose of our application! Very important question thank you.  Cool 
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:16:45 PM

meerkatoken, do you have a plan to have an ecosystem consisting from supporters of Meerkat project? I think it should be there. The ecosystem will have an important influence to help the project be developed later.

Hi Okky,

What do you mean exactly by an ecosystem of supporters ? Sorry but everything is called an "ecosystem" these days which is a buzzword for sure but I dont see the real meaning of it. Our "ecosystem" consists of an application, a printed advertising magazine and the Token itself. We have a dozen of professional tour guides responsible for phisical engagement with users.
So what supporter ecosystem do you mean ?
A bounty program ?
phuongden

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:19:22 PM

I think you will be interested in investors with your project.
You have a well-developed marketing comany, a well-designed website.
Why on this page there was little activity on the part of the participants, and on the part of managers.
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:31:46 PM

I think you will be interested in investors with your project.
You have a well-developed marketing comany, a well-designed website.
Why on this page there was little activity on the part of the participants, and on the part of managers.

Hi and thanks for joining !

The exact same question had been asked a couple of posts ago.
Please refer to that section for your answer.
profall

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:36:35 PM

Total 10.000.000 MCT token;
70 % for crowd sale
14% for fun coop
16% for merchants
Full token price : 1 ETH : 7200 MCT
Pls let me know if I missing something!

meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:51:26 PM

70 % for crowd sale
14% for fun coop
16% for merchants

Hello profall,

You dont miss anything this is it.  Wink

If you have any token economics question please dont hesitate. Also you can join our Telegram Group to chat with us live.
Rowane

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:23:05 PM

Well built project and active community on telegram, anyone knows the information regarding the 1st round of presale?
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

Well built project and active community on telegram, anyone knows the information regarding the 1st round of presale?

Hi Rowane,

Thanks for joining our discussion.

The first round Pre-Sale is scheduled as follows:

20.08.2018-26.08.2018

You can find the full ICO schedule on our website !

Feel free to ask us live on our Telegram Chat.
szlfsz

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

Hello

So as I understand the contract for merchants will swap your token to fiat... This means that the token price is fixed at a certain USD rate?

What is that rate? I can see the effort to erase volatility but it is a high risk for you to take in my opinion.

Looking forward to how it goes anyway.   Roll Eyes
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:47:12 PM

Hi and thanks for joining.

The short answer is no. The merchant exchange conract does not operate with a fixed Token/Fiat rate.
We do not fix a USD rate. Instead the merchant issues an invoice to us for the sum Fiat+VAT value of goods being sold for Tokens.

This is totally different. And it is only likely to apply when Token price lowers significantly. Even then merchants are still insentivized to hold their balance. Anyway this is our merchant investor protection model. It is necessary as we have to address price volatility concerns of potential acceptance points.  Wink

meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:39:08 PM

ATTENTION !

A FAKE David Hay (youtuber) just joined our telegram chat. Our Admin has restricted the user forever but be aware guys. If anyone on our telegram pretends to be a famous youtuber asking for donations do not send them anything but malware.  Angry 
Report these accounts immediately to the Admin.

Thank you !
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:41:06 PM

70 % for crowd sale
14% for fun coop
16% for merchants

Hi profall,

Sorry man I missed the total amount you copied. It is not 10 million !!!

We need much more than that so the starter price can be low enough. Our token economics require a lower startpoint as we had to set up token supply according to the needs of merchants. This has to do with ideal token price for a 2 person meal in a restaurant and other practical considerations. You can find this detailed in the whitepaper. Bottom line is that the Total supply is:

10.000.000.000 MCT

Sorry for realizing this earlier and feel free to contact me on Telegram live. We are working during CET timezone working hours.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:45:24 PM

how are you going to reach those small merchants? sometimes, they don't need this kind of service. consumers can directly buy their goods without worrying that they need to pay for your services. it's like another layer that they will worry, instead of buyers directly in contact with them.
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:02:27 AM

how are you going to reach those small merchants? sometimes, they don't need this kind of service. consumers can directly buy their goods without worrying that they need to pay for your services. it's like another layer that they will worry, instead of buyers directly in contact with them.

Hello,

Thank you for being here. You ask a very important question. Actually the core of your question was one of the key aspect of our project. So the question is how customers can find these small local merchants and vica-versa.

The answer:

A key element of our project is the downloadable Meerpackr application. It is a navigation app (basedon google maps) with a built in audio guide and collection of merchants. This application will lead crypto customers directly to the premises of the merchants. It is very important as this is why we can negotiate successfully with merchants. In many cases their first obejction is the fact that they have never seen a customer willing to pay with crypto before. Their obvious concern is that they dont know how to attract these customers so they dont veen think about accepting crypto. But when you telll them there is a navigation database that leads users directly to their shop thats a different story. We guarantee them totally new crypto customers every day. Sure they are only incentivized to accept any crypto if there are customers showing up with such request.

Please read our whitepaper carefully for more details on this matter. It is basically the most important aspect of the project. The navigation app is an absolute key to our success. Without the app it wouldnt work.

meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:37:09 PM

If there is no bounty campaign, the only way to get your tokens is to invest? Oh, my God
there are indeed projects that don't have a prize campaign but sales reach hardcap, but in my opinion it's rare

Our official SubReddit has been relesed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Meerkat_Token/

We will announce a signature campaign there in a few days if you are willing to participate in that.

Best,

Meerkat Team
Gollamx

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:11:06 PM

Hi,

Last time I forgot to ask. It is the 3rd or 4th ICO I've seen that is trying to go for travellers. How is this different from stuff like Ethereum Travel ? Why do you think you can bring more utility than those guys ? It seems like all travel ICOs are trying to satisfy the same audience but with lack of real utility for the industry participants.
Also as of writing btc felt below 6500. You say you fight volatility. Seems to be hard even in the short-term. Correct me if am wrong...
redmibear

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:52:10 PM

Dear Meerkat users,

Our Community Manager has been kicked from BTT yesterday. The reason being copy-pasted content (According to him. We cannot officially confirm this.).

Today we have done all necessary steps to get back control of this Thread. However we cannot posess the email address that is associated with this Thread.
The associated email address (meerkXXXXen@gmail.com) is still under the control of the ex-Manager.
Therefore we kindly ask you not to send any PMs to the uploader of this Thread. Also do not use the given gmail address for any further communication.
We dont have Access to that email address and we wont receive those messages. Since we are not aware of the exact circumstances of the situation, we dont know if the ex-manager got kicked for a while or banned forever. Hence we would like to stress that if you receive any message or request from the ex-manager, it is not official and it is not coming from Meerkat Management.
According to the ex-manager this is just a temporary kick, however we have cancelled our contract with this person. According to our aggreement from now on he is not part of our team anymore and he doesnt have rights to represent our firm, even if he get back his access to this Thread.
We will try to discuss this with Admins to see if we can somehow get admin permission for the Thread.
If its not possible, than it is likely that we will open another Thread.
In this case you will find an official statement on our website and also you will be noticed via corporate email from us.
Sorry if this may lead to some inconvenience. It is very hard to find a reliable community manager as they are keep jumping from one project to another with several accounts.
We will solve this situation as soon as possible.
Until then we will reply and post updates from this account.
From now on please only send messages to the official mkt email address which is:

csanad@havefunbudapest.com  

You can also double check this matter if you wish by asking for official confirmation on that address.

Thank you for your understanding !

Meerkat CEE branch office
crypto mania

Activity: 476
Merit: 92

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:25:50 PM

Dear Meerkat users,

Our Community Manager has been kicked from BTT yesterday. The reason being copy-pasted content (According to him. We cannot officially confirm this.).

Today we have done all necessary steps to get back control of this Thread. However we cannot posess the email address that is associated with this Thread.
The associated email address (meerkXXXXen@gmail.com) is still under the control of the ex-Manager.
Therefore we kindly ask you not to send any PMs to the uploader of this Thread. Also do not use the given gmail address for any further communication.
We dont have Access to that email address and we wont receive those messages. Since we are not aware of the exact circumstances of the situation, we dont know if the ex-manager got kicked for a while or banned forever. Hence we would like to stress that if you receive any message or request from the ex-manager, it is not official and it is not coming from Meerkat Management.
According to the ex-manager this is just a temporary kick, however we have cancelled our contract with this person. According to our aggreement from now on he is not part of our team anymore and he doesnt have rights to represent our firm, even if he get back his access to this Thread.
We will try to discuss this with Admins to see if we can somehow get admin permission for the Thread.
If its not possible, than it is likely that we will open another Thread.
In this case you will find an official statement on our website and also you will be noticed via corporate email from us.
Sorry if this may lead to some inconvenience. It is very hard to find a reliable community manager as they are keep jumping from one project to another with several accounts.
We will solve this situation as soon as possible.
Until then we will reply and post updates from this account.
From now on please only send messages to the official mkt email address which is:

csanad@havefunbudapest.com 

You can also double check this matter if you wish by asking for official confirmation on that address.

Thank you for your understanding !

Meerkat CEE branch office

I'm glad that you inform us so fast. This is important to get access to this thread or just start a fresh one. Always better to have a control over your ANN thread.
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:49:11 PM

Hi,

Last time I forgot to ask. It is the 3rd or 4th ICO I've seen that is trying to go for travellers. How is this different from stuff like Ethereum Travel ? Why do you think you can bring more utility than those guys ? It seems like all travel ICOs are trying to satisfy the same audience but with lack of real utility for the industry participants.
Also as of writing btc felt below 6500. You say you fight volatility. Seems to be hard even in the short-term. Correct me if am wrong...

As long as these markets haven't grown to globally significant sizes, there is now way to effectively fight volatility. Adoption is the only thing that will lower volatility in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: