Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going on vacation in Iran  (Read 153 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:02:37 PM

I've never been to Iran. I've met a few Iranians around the world though (in Paris, Berlin and Los Angeles), and those I met were nice people. I certainly don't support their muslim government, but I think America' sanctions on that country are unfair. To support the people, I'm seriously considering traveling to Iran and spend some money there. It's assuredly too hot for me right now, but I shall be visiting Iran this autumn.

Is anyone else thinking that Trump is mad about Iran?
Is anyone else thinking about visiting that country?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
old_lighthouse

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:33:13 AM

I've never been to Iran. I've met a few Iranians around the world though (in Paris, Berlin and Los Angeles), and those I met were nice people. I certainly don't support their muslim government, but I think America' sanctions on that country are unfair. To support the people, I'm seriously considering traveling to Iran and spend some money there. It's assuredly too hot for me right now, but I shall be visiting Iran this autumn.

Unfortunately, millions of regular citizens suffer for the stupid behavior and decisions of their leaders. If you just want to support Iranians, you could probably find a simpler solution that going there. Perhaps you could find a site like Kiva, when you could contribute to microloans for entrepreneurs there. It looks like Kiva itself doesn't have anybody in Iran though. I'm not trying to discourage you from going there though. I would love to go myself. Many people I know have visited Iran and they loved it there. The best thing is the people. They are very hospitable. Hopefully nobody starts a war with them before we get a chance to visit.
yuria3

Activity: 382

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:48:59 PM

Brave ones like you might consider going to a country like Iran. Well it might be a better choice than Syria or Pakistan.
McEdward

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:15:03 PM

Actually, if you are an American citizen, then you have no problems. You can visit Iran and come back home. If you are a foreigner, after your visit, you may have serious problems at the airport. They may not let you in. They will think that you are a spy or a dangerous person. It is really serious. Many people think that just travelling to a country for vacation has nothing terrible. It is very important to carefully choose your destination according to the politics of your country. In this case, Iran is not a good solution for American or foreigners living in the USA. It is sad but it the truth.
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:09:20 PM

Well, I thought this subject would attract more replies; but I guess Iran is quite far from the top ten when people think about their next vacation. My plan is to travel to Iran, and then up North to Azerbaijan and Georgia, with Ukraine as my final destination. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay in Iran as I require good Internet, but I believe the Iranian people need guys like me to show them some support. I can do it, so I'll get there.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
TwitterTreasure6

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:28:15 AM

If I were your relative I would tell you not to go.  From the perspective of a physically beautiful place with an amazing history (the mighty Persian Empire ran the ancient world for a long time till Alexander the Great came along), going to Iran is a no-brainer.  HOWEVER…there are people rioting in the street right now due to their collapsing currency.   What if you get caught up with some protesters that you befriend?  A friend of mine once said that he would never visit a country that he would be afraid to spend a night in jail in (unfortunately that might include the US which is where is was living, but never mind that now).  Maybe wait a few years and see if it gets better.
Cinamon

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:11:34 AM

US President Donald Trump said his country was withdrawing from the Iranian nuclear deal. The Joint Comprehensive Action Plan (JCPOA) - the full name of the agreement - is a multinational agreement between Iran and P5 + 1 (America, Russia, China, Britain and France plus Germany) signed in 2015.

Trump sees JCPOA as too profitable for Iran. JCPOA limits Iran's uranium enrichment in return for Iran being free to export its oil throughout the world. That way, in the eyes of Trump, Iran is more free to run sectarian, aggressive and expansive politics in the Middle East region. Now, Iran controls four capitals of Arab countries: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen. Trump views this as challenging American hegemony in the Middle East. He said he withdrew from the agreement unless new conditions were included, namely Iran must stop the ballistic missile program, provide unlimited access to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to inspect all areas of the Iranian military, and permanent restrictions on Iran's nuclear program.

Trump knows that Iran is unlikely to approve the reshuffle. In addition to these new conditions that violate Iran's sovereignty, the ballistic missile program is at the heart of its defenses because the country does not have an adequate fighter aircraft due to an international arms embargo since the Iranian Islamic Revolution in 1979. British, French and German persuasion for Trump to keep the deal rejected by Trump.
GenixCrypto

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:39:42 AM

On Trump - He has virtually eliminated the Islamic State's physical caliphate. Trump removed the constraints Obama placed on the US military and let it drive the terrorists from their strongholds.
HaniBaloch

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:14:24 PM

once on vacation i went Iran really nice place with great people i enjoyed there..........
isepsopiandi

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:07:27 PM

I have never been to Iran, but I read on the internet about Iran. I think Iran is not too bad to visit because there are many good historical places. The thing that we have to be ready is if we visit Iran, which is drinking a lot because the country of heat and air pollution is not good because there is a desert.
eliteeservices

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

Dont visit Iran there are plenty of interesting places in the world.
kiamankudos

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:01:26 PM

i find travelling fun. It won't be bad to give it a try. Sure i would love to party Iran
Mirandan

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:18:00 PM

Trump is mad about Iran won't be a problem for your traveling because it will just few time and Iran is a great country to see beautiful things and don't miss the opportunity now is the time to go
Mirandan

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

Brave ones like you might consider going to a country like Iran. Well it might be a better choice than Syria or Pakistan.

I agree Iran is more secure and there are lot of things to see
insiv

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

Iran is furious with the decision of US President Donald Trump, who has ruled out an international agreement on Iran's nuclear program and has again tightened economic sanctions against Tehran. A number of senior Iranian officials warned Tehran would not easily benefit following the US campaign to not buy crude from Iran.

Iran is testing a short-range missile shooting in the Strait of Hormuz in a military exercise at the weekend. Washington called this action aimed at sending a message to the United States that tightened economic sanctions on Tehran.
lesmon

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:01:47 PM

If I were your relative I would tell you not to go.  From the perspective of a physically beautiful place with an amazing history (the mighty Persian Empire ran the ancient world for a long time till Alexander the Great came along), going to Iran is a no-brainer.  HOWEVER…there are people rioting in the street right now due to their collapsing currency.   What if you get caught up with some protesters that you befriend?  A friend of mine once said that he would never visit a country that he would be afraid to spend a night in jail in (unfortunately that might include the US which is where is was living, but never mind that now).  Maybe wait a few years and see if it gets better.

I also would not recommend to visit Iran. It is a country with specific laws and habits. You can do something usual for you and it can be considered a crime. Embarrassed
JohnPaulJones

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

If you are from muslim religion country, plus you are muslim, you can go. If you are from USA or Europe, better stay at home. Iran is not safe country for foreign tourists. Plus you must know also Iranian language, no one there speaks English.

This is the most ignorant comment I have ever read on any fora.
Firstly, define dangerous. Iran is considered dangerous, but I can guarantee you that you can walk up and down ANY city in Iran and ANY time of day and nothing will happen to you. What happens if I go for a stroll at 1 am in downtown Las Vegas, or South Philly, or Stockton CA etc etc..?
Secondly, Iran is a great country. I am not from there, but I am lucky enough to have been university educated. More than 50% of the population is younger than 37, very well educated. If it wasn't for negative western influence over the course of its history, the country be in this situation.
Finally, how long do you think that and Islamic government could hold on to power?
NotoriousHodler

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:56:04 PM

If you are from muslim religion country, plus you are muslim, you can go. If you are from USA or Europe, better stay at home. Iran is not safe country for foreign tourists. Plus you must know also Iranian language, no one there speaks English.
You probably are confusing Iran with Iraq. Not saying Iran is all in all peaceful, but it's rather safe enough to travel. I've been there 3 years ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: