Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:50:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sendmany  (Read 3711 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 08:45:23 PM

I have 2btc in a wallet and tried to do this:

$txid2 = $bitcoin->sendmany("", $payoutArray);

sum of values in payoutarray is 0.6.  It says:

Error: Request error: Account has insufficient funds

Anyone know why?

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 09:04:41 PM

Sendmany cares about what "account" the BTC are in - you have passed an empty string - those 2 BTC must be in the "account" named the empty string for it to work.  Try the listaccounts RPC command.  There's also a move command that moves coins between accounts.  This phenomenon of "accounts" is internal to the client and I don't think it represents any attribute of the bitcoins themselves as seen by the network.

I use sendmany all the time for loading batches of Casascius Physical Bitcoins.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:14:14 PM

Sendmany cares about what "account" the BTC are in - you have passed an empty string - those 2 BTC must be in the "account" named the empty string for it to work.  Try the listaccounts RPC command.  There's also a move command that moves coins between accounts.  This phenomenon of "accounts" is internal to the client and I don't think it represents any attribute of the bitcoins themselves as seen by the network.

I use sendmany all the time for loading batches of Casascius Physical Bitcoins.

I see.  Is there any way to just sendmany from my wallet in general in a convenient way?  I couldn't care less about accounts; I want to treat my wallet as one monolithic account but bitcoind won't let me.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:21:53 PM

Update: Now I move coins to a special sendmany account before trying to sendmany but it still doesn't work.  It wants to CONFIRM A TRANSACTION I SEND TO MYSELF before adding the balance.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 07:21:17 PM

Update: Now I move coins to a special sendmany account before trying to sendmany but it still doesn't work.  It wants to CONFIRM A TRANSACTION I SEND TO MYSELF before adding the balance.
Pass a 0 as the third argument to sendmany and it will send unconfirmed coins:

Code:
sendmany <fromaccount> {address:amount,...} [minconf=1] [comment]

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:52:07 PM

Sorry for thread necromancy, but problem is actual.

I have website that may require to send great number of [possibly small] transactions.

So instead of sending each payment in different transaction, I want to send them on batch basis with sendmany to do not spam network much.

But I am unable to do this coz of this stupid "fromaccount" parameter - I have many accounts with incoming transactions. Why not just send from any account?
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:56:14 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 09:16:03 PM by lucif

Add: sendmany with empty account says

{"result":null,"error":{"code":-6,"message":"Account has insufficient funds"},"id":1}

(wallet balance is good enough though)

EDIT: I think I got it. I either use accounts or dont use them at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: