Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee world first bitcoin bank about to launch in Cyprus tomorrow.  (Read 3278 times)
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:58:08 PM

So another online wallet service. I wonder how long before they get hacked

I really hope for them to be as good in security as they are on marketing.

And for all services that are dealing with our private keys, i mostly worry about them getting "hacked" than hacked...  Tongue Tongue
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:23:29 PM

They are more than an online wallet service from my understanding.

They're more of a complete financial network. Cyprus is small enough that they can provide wide coverage for merchant services. I think many merchants are interested. So the Cypriots will be able to set up an account, with a familiar bank like setting, get a card, and easily buy from merchants.  In theory they can use convenient high tech money management, but the money is now independent of government and banks. It can't be seized, and instead will probably provide increased purchasing power. It's the opposite of what they have now, and is apparently govt. approved.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:18:31 AM

They are more than an online wallet service from my understanding.

They're more of a complete financial network.
<snip>

So they are like bips.me? We've been down this road before. Offering complete merchant services does not mean that your online wallet service is magically more secure.

Sorry, for the snipping. Sounded like dogma to me.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:32:31 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mr91m/i_am_the_ceo_of_neo_the_bee_payment_network_in/

There was a lot of hype surrounding NEOBEE when they first launched - you could buy shares on the now no longer operational Bitfunder - I actually read over their company profile and remember being fairly impressed - enough so that I bought some shares. I forgot about them until Bitfunder closed down, and NEOBEE did a great job of migrating the shares to a new platform (their own platform I believe).

Nice to see they are ready to launch, I look forward to seeing how things go. I'm also quite keen to have one of those Bee cards in my wallet...
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:48:45 PM

This sounds promising!  Is this going to be available to any person to join, or specifically those who live in Cyprus?
They plan to expand services to all EU countries through partnerships. But I'm not aware of any specific schedule.
huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:06:56 PM

I thought bitcoin was a payment framework in itself. Why would anyone entrust their coins to a bank?
Because they will use M of N private keys so they technically won't be able to touch your funds without your approval meaning the government and other banks won't be able neither.

But you wont be able to touch your funds neighter without Neo & Bee, so basically your Bitcoins will be not usable if you will not agree with something like 10% tax of your Bitcoin ballance, if there will be such Cyprus law in future for example
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

I thought bitcoin was a payment framework in itself. Why would anyone entrust their coins to a bank?
Because they will use M of N private keys so they technically won't be able to touch your funds without your approval meaning the government and other banks won't be able neither.

But you wont be able to touch your funds neighter without Neo & Bee, so basically your Bitcoins will be not usable if you will not agree with something like 10% tax of your Bitcoin ballance, if there will be such Cyprus law in future for example
Not according to the marketing materials - customers can use their bitcoins even if Neo disappears.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:48:25 PM

This is not correct. They provide assurance to your money/coins if I'm correct.
They aren't just 'another' wallet service.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rmines

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:14:33 AM

There also isn't a single online wallet that I know of that has a bricks & mortar office.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: