Poll
Question: Is he correct?
Yes - 83 (39%)
No - 75 (35.2%)
Maybe - 55 (25.8%)
Total Voters: 213

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Keiser Predicts $750-$800 This Coming Week  (Read 6608 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:20:53 PM

Max Kaiser is the same kind of sociopath as Bruce Wagner, I've said this when he first popped up and this is still my assessment.

But then the Bitcoin community is full of sociopaths, of different kind and each time one of them does their thing the resulting clusterfuck is priceless to watch.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:24:01 PM

Max Kaiser is the same kind of sociopath as Bruce Wagner, I've said this when he first popped up and this is still my assessment.

But then the Bitcoin community is full of sociopaths, of different kind and each time one of them does their thing the resulting clusterfuck is priceless to watch.

says the biggest sociopath of them all
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

To contrast and compare, a different kind of sociopath would be Mark Karpeles.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:29:57 PM

says the biggest sociopath of them all

At least I'm not in the position to spread havoc.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:17:45 PM

I think you just have to have your filter on when you listen to Max: it's information with a lot of showmanship.

No regular joe would want to watch a drab boring show on economics so the over the top stuff is pure entertainment.

But I also think his ideology is in the right place, a focus on exposing and overthrowing criminality (karmabanque, silver/jpm, bitcoin etc etc)

Still, I notice a lot of bitcoiners have begun to dislike Max since he started promoting Quark and Maxcoin (I personally didn't like when he started tweeting that he'll move the btc price up by $30 over the weekend - that was too much for me).

His bitcoin tweeting was quite inspiring and filled many with hope and then he has really gone off the boil with it.

I think those who bought silver as he promoted it during his 'bring down JP Morgan' phase felt similarly when he began his bitcoin promotion.

All in all, Max entertains and makes economics interesting, but like anything you have to do your homework.

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:21:56 PM

I think you just have to have your filter on when you listen to Max: it's information with a lot of showmanship.

No regular joe would want to watch a drab boring show on economics so the over the top stuff is pure entertainment.

But I also think his ideology is in the right place, a focus on exposing and overthrowing criminality (karmabanque, silver/jpm, bitcoin etc etc)

Still, I notice a lot of bitcoiners have begun to dislike Max since he started promoting Quark and Maxcoin (I personally didn't like when he started tweeting that he'll move the btc price up by $30 over the weekend - that was too much for me).

His bitcoin tweeting was quite inspiring and filled many with hope and then he has really gone off the boil with it.

I think those who bought silver as he promoted it during his 'bring down JP Morgan' phase felt similarly when he began his bitcoin promotion.

All in all, Max entertains and makes economics interesting, but like anything you have to do your homework.

Agreed. All talking heads are in it to make a buck. It's a television persona that caters to a segment of the population (ratings/views) and almost all of them would sacrifice principles to remain in the spotlight. Glenn Beck is the worst of them, IMO.
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:31:41 AM

Just wanted to quote this again after today's exchange rate.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:35:09 AM

We are at $600+ $450+ on every non-GOX exchange. Since Bitcoin is the honey badger of cryptocurrency I give it a definite maybe Cheesy

- Fixed

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:39:22 AM

the week is still early!   Grin

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:40:50 AM

the week is still early!   Grin

I like your optimism Cheesy

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:25:40 PM

son of a bitch was actually right. we're close, anyway.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:28:04 PM

son of a bitch was actually right. we're close, anyway.

In what world was he right? That the price will eventually go to 750-800$? Good prediction... very unique for bitcoin-holders

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:57:19 PM

Max Keiser was right.
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

real predicted price = (max's prediction + dr.bitcorn's prediction) / 2

Grin
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

Max Keiser was right.

Max Keiser will claim he was right but Bitcoin is currently about $50 above where it was when the stupid mouthpiece cunt made the 'prediction', and in between then and now Bitcoin went to $400. Anyone who invested in Bitcoin on the strength if his advice probably sold at $500.

The man is a fkn clown. If he isn't a clown then he is a crook.....either way, not to be paid any attention to.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:19:16 PM

Max Keiser was right.

Max Keiser will claim he was right but Bitcoin is currently about $50 above where it was when the stupid mouthpiece cunt made the 'prediction', and in between then and now Bitcoin went to $400. Anyone who invested in Bitcoin on the strength if his advice probably sold at $500.

The man is a fkn clown. If he isn't a clown then he is a crook.....either way, not to be paid any attention to.

Max Keiser a little bit crazy but extremely intelligent, you can compare him with the joker from batman.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:28:17 PM

hahahahaaaaaa

dude makes a statement on the 22 of Feb to predict btc to go to 700 - 800 "next week" and some how that should mean 'the week after next week'?  hahahahahaaa

If he meant the week of May 3, the appropriate language likely would have been 'in the next two weeks'

Let's put it this way, if you took that bet, on May 2 you would lost your money.

he's in europe. right? so when his prediction posted on feb 22 (saturday) to twitter's servers, it was already the 23rd (sunday) where he is, so start of new week. we are now in the "next week", and only $90 short of his price point, but did hit $710 earlier on stamp, so only $40 away.

that's pretty damned impressive, the guy is an oracle of some kind. very wise man.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:00:34 PM

Max Keiser was right.

+1000
one by one, those I used to respect are quickly losing credibility
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:36:29 AM

Keiser is a populist twit

Such a character has his uses but sometimes painful

cosmofly

Activity: 532