Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinions on all the Bitcoin forks  (Read 250 times)
Heidim (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:34:20 AM

So there has been a lot of forks and I'm sure many to come. I've started to buy some of these because in this market you fill up the bags, planning on keeping long term. What do you all think?

(And please don't bite my head off because I am genuinely interested in the opinions of some of the older members)
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:04:19 AM

because in this market you fill up the bags, planning on keeping long term. What do you all think?

this is not a valid reason and in fact it is a very wrong approach to just fill some bags and then start becoming a "bag holders" why do you think this term exists?

as for these bitcoin forks, they are all useless coins created by incompetent developers who didn't have anything better to do and they knew they were not capable of creating a proper new altcoin so they forked bitcoin to use its name for their hype.
they get pumped and dumped but don't expect anything more from any of them.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:31:31 AM

So there has been a lot of forks and I'm sure many to come. I've started to buy some of these because in this market you fill up the bags, planning on keeping long term. What do you all think?

(And please don't bite my head off because I am genuinely interested in the opinions of some of the older members)
I think it's better to fill my bag with other Altcoins because I don't see anything special in Bitcoin forks, there are many Altcoins projects that have fresh ideas, and I prefer Altcoins like that rather than Bitcoin forks that just copied Bitcoin and change some parameters

ResuLT

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:35:36 AM

Most of them are total shits, more shit than a PoS/PoW/MN coin. They just forking bitcoin with their rig and make a new coin, what's special of it?
Heidim (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:42:04 AM

because in this market you fill up the bags, planning on keeping long term. What do you all think?

this is not a valid reason and in fact it is a very wrong approach to just fill some bags and then start becoming a "bag holders" why do you think this term exists?

as for these bitcoin forks, they are all useless coins created by incompetent developers who didn't have anything better to do and they knew they were not capable of creating a proper new altcoin so they forked bitcoin to use its name for their hype.
they get pumped and dumped but don't expect anything more from any of them.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I've seen some get pumped and then the price decreased a lot over the last few months. But is it really incompetent developers or just this market we are in at the moment?

As for holding the bags is that not the whole idea? Buying low and selling high (or just higher) Lets face it everybody is in it for the money, right?
Heidim (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:52:09 AM

I think it's better to fill my bag with other Altcoins because I don't see anything special in Bitcoin forks, there are many Altcoins projects that have fresh ideas, and I prefer Altcoins like that rather than Bitcoin forks that just copied Bitcoin and change some parameters

Thank you, Yes there is a lot of Alts with fresh ideas but the question is does any of them serve a real purpose? At this moment in time I can not do anything with Bitcoin / Altcoins in real life where I live. Maybe it's different in other countries.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:06:27 AM

This year there aren't any big upcoming bitcoin hard forks,which is kinda strange.Last year there was a boom of bitcoin hard forks like bitcoin unlimited,bitcoin cash,bitcoin gold,segwit etc.BCH was the only "successful" fork,mainly because of the "bitcoin Jesus" Roger Ver.Last year forks helped a lot for pumping the bitcoin price to the December ATH.That was the only positive thing I can say about them.

brijeshmota

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

useless. Nowadays, devs are forking for no reason at all.
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:27:42 PM

My opinion about all the forks is simple if you cannot create your own stand-alone cryptocurrency it means that you cannot be trusted so I would not be interested and fully involved in something which was developed on the basement of something other.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:40:20 PM

Whatever are the decisions and opinions of people on the fork, the fork is here to stay and there is not a thing anyone can do about it. What we must now do is to invest in the profitable forks or coins of the bitcoin and use them for the purposes for which the fork emerged in the first instance. The coins certainly have potential and as such we must use them as altcoins.

Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:26:27 PM

I don't think there is special thing about bitcoin forks, but buying them for profit like other altcoins is sure and they have nothing special as most even altcoins just the fork that gives them attention and only pump to get some more btc in return.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:32:07 PM

The only fork worth holding is Bitcoin Cash. Those other forks has no real usage and might be another pump-and-dump coins. I'm not saying though that Bitcoin Cash is something worth for long term hold, what I'm driving to point out is that with all this forks, only Bitcoin Cash will survived. But then again it doesn't have the full support of the community, so it will be just another altcoin that can be pump anytime whales decided to.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sebo.k

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:38:48 PM

Majority of the bitcoins forks are just scam and I won't ever advice any trader to waste resources on. I followed SuperBitcoin fork and it later ended up as a dead project. Subsecuent forks all end up in similar situation.
Kuga_ZA

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

There will only ever be Bitcoin. All the other forks are altcoins/shitcoins. End of story. Even retards trying to pawn BCH off as BTC. Shame on you.
frankforty

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:18:17 PM

Not interested with bitcoin fork I really wanna buy Altcoins because all are in deep market and wanna be a bag holder of good altcoins i am divided my investment Ratio in 70-30 percent, 70 in Altcoins and 30 in bitcoin majority is with altcoins, and in upcoming few months definitely get good return on my investment.
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:40:07 PM

Most of those fork are all shit, which was created for the purpose to make money, so many fork claimed they will solve the problem of btc and until now we still see same issue.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Honuandhonu

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:42:42 PM

In my opinion most of the bitcoin forks are just crap with nothing new invention or scalability so I would rather go after good alts than those crap forks.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

I don't invest in any btc fork even in bitcoin cash, instead litecoin is better choice if you are interested in such coins which claims to be better than it.

mbm_ico

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:49:36 PM

All Bitcoins Hard Fork are absolutely useless. Bitcoin is the only one and only the original Bitcoin must exist. I think that in the future all these copies of bitcoin will simply disappear.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:04:43 AM

the rarity that you take really is very precise by buying a lot and aiming for you to endure in the long run it will give you a profit in the future
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: