Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:08:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we determine if an ICO/Project will be a scam/no value  (Read 145 times)
kren27 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

Hi there guys, I'm just fairly new in terms of bounty hunting, I signed up tons of websites in the past week and I only got coins from Avinoc so far. I just wanted to ask for your opinion, since I'm not that knowledgeable with this, but how can you determine if the project would fail or not? since some of them are definitely scam, while others will give coins but there's no value or exchangers that backs them up.

I already read some threads here and got some ideas like researching the team who's working on that project, so I'm doing some research on them but I'm not really sure what do I need to check. Also do you have any other tips for me?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions that you can provide me as a starter.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:08:06 PM

Hi there guys, I'm just fairly new in terms of bounty hunting, I signed up tons of websites in the past week and I only got coins from Avinoc so far. I just wanted to ask for your opinion, since I'm not that knowledgeable with this, but how can you determine if the project would fail or not? since some of them are definitely scam, while others will give coins but there's no value or exchangers that backs them up.

I already read some threads here and got some ideas like researching the team who's working on that project, so I'm doing some research on them but I'm not really sure what do I need to check. Also do you have any other tips for me?

You should join in the ico trader group and there was so many ico traders are analyzing every ico project. You need to check the smartcontract code and make sure there was no backdoor that has created by the creator of the smartcontract. Remember the team member should have a very good history and it will give you a huge value if you can determing how much hype of project itself.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

Note this for your basis, for me i classified which campaign or ICO if legit through verifying the team starting on the ceo. I want some video showing their real existence. Next their partnership, some project are adding big time partnership with the other company but not have a real relstionship. So you can check it by ssking on that said partnership

Lindazz

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:13:48 PM

I will focus more on the project's open source code, which I think is more critical.
Most of the time you can tell if the team is positive by how quickly the code is updated.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kren27 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:37:14 PM

You should join in the ico trader group and there was so many ico traders are analyzing every ico project. You need to check the smartcontract code and make sure there was no backdoor that has created by the creator of the smartcontract. Remember the team member should have a very good history and it will give you a huge value if you can determing how much hype of project itself.

Thank you for the input, if you don't mind me asking regarding ico trader group? is it like a telegram group or do  you have any examples perhaps?
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:48:39 PM

Check the Team Member. Check their background, their experiences and achievements. Team members are the real heart of a company without a good and established team the company will surely not succeed even though the idea is great.

Just check their background and establish a connection with them via chats.
CryptYeah

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:53:52 PM

About the scum: the usual analysis. You study the site, team, activity in social networks, bounty-manager. If possible, talk to the company's employees and at least managers. Also check to see if all links on the site are clickable.
About the possible profit: count. Nobody can save from the fact that the company's managers or management can cut the pool.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 01:54:49 PM

For scam ico, the easiest way to determine whether ico is scam or not is check their team, Scam ICO will put random photos and name for their team. Well for "no value" ico, it is more complicated, you need to learn their whitpaper, product, .etc. Try to find ICO that already has working product, it is more reliable.

profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:57:12 PM

There are a lot of posts created to ask about this issue. An ICO scam, it's too common now because so many ICOs are created just to scam. If you do not want to be scammed, you should stay away from ICO and do not invest in it. Or choose ICOs that have well-known investors or strong teams that you know

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Thefrolly

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:50:07 PM

At the rate the current ICO projects are turning out to be scams I don't think there is any criteria that is going to be able to predict if an ICO project is going to turn out to be a scam or not. The most you can do is try to find a project which has a competent dev team, an active community and a bright future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:57:40 PM

If there's no use cases and made of Just Theoretical thinking without further action. Maybe you can just follow them on Telegram and ask some project regarding boit their latrst development.
pistachefreak

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:00:09 PM

research, research and more research, at least dedicate 1 or 2 days to an ICO research if you are going to invest, I personally recommend that you get more interest in projects that have some real-life use, or that serve for more than just fundraising, so that in the end the tokens can be used on a real platform and that will increase their value exponentially.
Balmoon

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:01:44 PM

Note this for your basis, for me i classified which campaign or ICO if legit through verifying the team starting on the ceo. I want some video showing their real existence. Next their partnership, some project are adding big time partnership with the other company but not have a real relstionship. So you can check it by ssking on that said partnership
Yes, this is the first thing to know, but that also does not guarantee that the project / ico is not a scam, because at this time it is very difficult to find a good project, even though we have analyzed the project, and it is very frustrating.
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:04:46 PM

I will focus more on the project's open source code, which I think is more critical.
Most of the time you can tell if the team is positive by how quickly the code is updated.

Unless you fall into a project like EOS in which the code is updated many times but it is so buggy that is practically useless for crypto related activities. The team can play a lot with that.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:49:38 PM

this thread should be locked. before you open thread always use the search button to check for your questions. this questions have been discussed so many time on the board.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:08:49 PM

If you do just researching without any justification or further investigation like knowing the team behind then you are just doing useless. Knowing the team behind such project would always be the main concern or the thing I do check out first and second reading up the whitepaper if I do find out if such project do have a realistic roadmap or goals for longer runs and I would prefer to choose that projects that are achieveable unlike on most project which do promise out nearly impossible things.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Target100

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

There are many factors to verify that this is a real project.
First you need to know the address of the project
Second: You should have a thorough analysis of the project and consult ICO analysts on the forums
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

This is not one easy thing to do really. That is why I don't usually blame people when I hear that they fell for scam. Most of these scam projects are just as convincing as the genuine ones. Sometimes, they are even more convincing. Whitepapers don't even do it anymore, cos anyone can come up with a really good whitepaper. Maybe check out the team members behind it, and do some critical analysis on the project.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:48:40 AM

HERE is one thing that can give you idea how to determine a project to be a legit or scammer

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2896030.0

From that you can have idea about how this scammers work and how to prevent from becoming a victim

And this one is how you can find the scam sites that most are used by this damn dev

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4456502.0

Hope this is helpful about what you need to learn goodluck mate
surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:50:08 AM

I think there is no perfect way to avoid phishing projects. You can check, research about the project, about the development team. These are the least things you can do before joining a project. In my experience, you should check their partner, a good project will have great collaborations.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: