Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ::: [WTB in Maine] Building materials for a dream home remodel :::  (Read 895 times)
Maine Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:46:35 PM

To date Bitcoin has been a life changer over the past 4 years for myself and my family. We have finally thanks to bitcoin been able to achieve the dream of home ownership. We are hopefully going to be closing escrow on our new home in the next few weeks. The home itself has a great price but is a TOTAL fixer upper which is exactly what we wanted so we can make it ours.

We have been fortunate enough to find flooring, bath fixtures, kitchen cabinets, and the bulk of everything we need on overstock.com who already accepts BTCitcoin. But as with any total remodel there are some things we absolutely need, but cannot find a place that sells them that excepts BTCitcoin, With that, we are calling out to the BTCitcoin community in Maine for any retailers, contractors, or individuals with items for sale for the items on our list below. The list will grow as we begin the demo work, but for now the list contains the things we know we need..

Metal Roof / flashing / drip edge / ridge vent / etc.
Drywall / mud
Cabinets
Lumber / wood planks
Electrical / plumbing

The list will continue to grow over the next month or two, If we cannot find it on overstock.com then we need to find it locally within the state of Maine.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maine Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:40:59 AM

Why don't you pay in BTC to a member to Buy the stuff you need in maine Via online or perhaps they can buy a Home depot gift card and sell it to you for Bitcoins.

We have already tried to sell some Bitcoin locally in Maine on this forum, but gotten little reply. I have sworn off selling Bitcoin online until the age of a million scams dies down. Its more headache than its worth, 90% of people you get wont accept escrow which just screams of shady business, after Mt. Gox i do not trust ANY exchange. I do not want to be giving up my personal information to every tom dick and harry in the world, and online orders can be canceled easily, as well as gift cards spoofed and spent before i can use them.

I have an attorney where i live who can / will draft a contract if needed and hold escrow for a contractor. But ideally i would like to find a retailer that accepts Bitcoin, or someone local who will meet at a store.

Bitcoin is a great concept, a great life changer, and will for sure be the money of the future, but right now it is mainly held in the hands of children without many legitimate faces. I have full faith that it will change money forever, but for today, when you cannot even trust a board member of the bitcoin foundation to run his own company with an ounce of legitimacy, its hard to have trust in most anyone. Some day shopping with bitcoin will be as easy as using a credit card, but for now i wait for it to get in the hands of responsible adults.

In the interim, i am stuck looking for local retailers, contractors or a local forum member to exchange BTC for USD face to face.
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:27:41 AM

Did this ever work out for you? I'm interested in trying a similar thing in NY but not sure if the market is out there yet...  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: