Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Masterchest Wallet Alpha Testing Thread  (Read 13308 times)
pplwjd

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:38:43 AM

Zathras,after I set font  size to 100%,the popup window is ok. The  blue color bottom line of the Rectangular buying popup window isn't there, is't ok?

Hmm.. did also not help. It's pretty late here already, so I guess the next round comes tomorrow. Cheers! Smiley

DexX - No worries, thanks for helping test - greatly appreciated Smiley  I'll see about some further testing my end...

Pplwjd - Just for a test, could you set font size to 100% and then see if everything looks right?  You can set it back to 125% afterwards.  I'd just like to see if that's part of the issue.

Thanks
Zathras
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pplwjd

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:53:26 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 07:04:01 AM by pplwjd

When I sent payment,there was debug messages as follow and my wallet became "not synchronzied ".  After I restarted the wallet client the error is the same and I cannot synchronize. Then I restart both bitcoin-qt and msc wallet client, it's ok. 

DEBUG: Sanity checking balances table...
BLOCKSCAN: Finished, sleeping.
DEBUG: Thread exited.
DEBUG: Thread 'workthread' starting...
STATUS: Connection to bitcoin RPC established & sanity check OK.
STATUS: Connection to database established & sanity check OK.
DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289322
DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289323
DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289324
DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289325
DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289326
DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289327
BLOCKSCAN: Found MSC transaction (accept offer): 485aecab6cf60af5cf2e50fa6fea71226e2efa1c091e084e33ce1bfc7a8e5a09
DEBUG: Block Analysis for pending transactions
BLOCKSCAN: Found pending MSC transaction (simple send): 37372d20fd5cd5bfa98b0a53072e775d333eaa55c960ec63c8117a7732cfbefa
BLOCKSCAN: Transaction processing starting...
DEBUG: Enumerating addresses...
ERROR: Blockchain scanning thread threw exception : 添加或减去的值产生无法表示的(my translation : "The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable") DateTime。
参数名(my translation "parameter name"): value
DEBUG: Thread exited with error condition.
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 09:08:53 AM

Hi guys,

Was this reported already? I googled and didn't find this error message regarding to Masterchest Wallet:

File version mismatch detected between ADO.NET

---------------------------
Masterchest_Wallet
File version mismatch detected between ADO.NET Provider and native binaries of SQL Server Compact which could result in an incorrect functionality.  This could be due to the presence of multiple instances of SQL Server Compact of different versions.  Please install SQL Server Compact binaries of matching version [ADO.NET Provider File Version = 3.5.5692.*, Native Binary File Version = 3.5.8080.*]
OK   

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
tradespoke

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:00:50 PM

Do you want to use the masterchest wallet in another language?

Help with with translation and reviews are welcome here:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/masterchest-wallet-1/

You can do as much as you want or as little as you want, if you only translate a few words that fine. I'll do my best to handout rewards once new languages become available! To track this please use the same username here and on Transifex.

(still working on how payouts can be done fairly so please be patient if you have to wait for your payout until the official wallet supports your language)
zathras (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:17 PM

Hi guys,

Was this reported already? I googled and didn't find this error message regarding to Masterchest Wallet:

File version mismatch detected between ADO.NET

Masterchest_Wallet
File version mismatch detected between ADO.NET Provider and native binaries of SQL Server Compact which could result in an incorrect functionality.  This could be due to the presence of multiple instances of SQL Server Compact of different versions.  Please install SQL Server Compact binaries of matching version [ADO.NET Provider File Version = 3.5.5692.*, Native Binary File Version = 3.5.8080.*]
OK   

Hey Ron,

Hmm - this is an interesting one.  Basically I think you must already have a 32 bit installation of SQL Server 3.5 Compact, and that installation is older (3.5.5692) than the version I bundle with the wallet (3.5.8080).

I believe Windows uses the system SQL CE components if it's already been installed (rather than DLL's bundled in the application directory).

Either should fix:
1) Uninstall the SQL server compact edition you have on your machine which will make the wallet use the 3.5.8080 DLL's in the app directory (of course this may affect whatever software originally installed it)
2) Upgrade your local SQL server compact edition installation to 3.5.8080+

Thanks
Zathras

Smart Property & Distributed Exchange: Master Protocol for Bitcoin
zathras (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:43:09 PM

Re translations - I did notice some comments on github relating to preparing for translations, thanks for that and I will get back to you soon! Smiley

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:01:54 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:04:18 AM by dexX7

Hey zathras,

chart is fixed. You need to set the culture info at the beginning of the workthread_DoWork() method, too. I think that's also the only section where anything multithreaded is, right? So it should be fine then.. Smiley

I'm not sure, if CurrentThread.CurrentCulture is enough or if CurrentUICulture needs also to be set. But make sure you use CultureInfo.InvariantCulture instead of creating your own with only the decimal change.

Re: font size, this seems to be somewhat messy and there are some reports that users have problems with it, even when trying to change the element's size on the fly. Some said that the AutoScaleMode should set to .Dpi instead of .Font, but after testing the tables were still misplaced. Maybe you should use fixed font sizes all over the wallet and simply force a specific size, if this is possible. Less usability is still preferred over a broken interface imho.

It would also be nice, if the form is not entitled with "Form1". Wink

By the way, do you scan and refetch the block chain on the fly?

Edit: The balances in the "address overview" are accurate, but the "currencies overview" displays the balances as if the decimal limiter was ignored. https://i.imgur.com/wJoZ0iy.png

The date of a transaction created by the wallet is also affected by localization, I think: https://i.imgur.com/kUBEteZ.png + http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ad6HcMDR (log was super long, so I hope this is relevant part)

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:04:31 AM

Hey Ron,

Hmm - this is an interesting one.  Basically I think you must already have a 32 bit installation of SQL Server 3.5 Compact, and that installation is older (3.5.5692) than the version I bundle with the wallet (3.5.8080).

I believe Windows uses the system SQL CE components if it's already been installed (rather than DLL's bundled in the application directory).

Either should fix:
1) Uninstall the SQL server compact edition you have on your machine which will make the wallet use the 3.5.8080 DLL's in the app directory (of course this may affect whatever software originally installed it)
2) Upgrade your local SQL server compact edition installation to 3.5.8080+

Thanks
Zathras

1. I don't see SQL server in "Add / remove programs". I did spot it under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition", and moved it to "C:\tmp" (I didn't want to just delete it). This didn't help, and I'm getting the same error.

2. This is not something that users should have to deal with - there needs to be a cleaner solution - the wallet should just work out of the box without users needing to tweak with other software installed on their system.

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:05:22 AM

P.S if you want to do a quick debugging session with me, ping me on skype.

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

2. This is not something that users should have to deal with - there needs to be a cleaner solution - the wallet should just work out of the box without users needing to tweak with other software installed on their system.

Just a quick suggestion (I was involved in development of desktop app for a mass market in past, which also had same considerations) - please consider using SQLite.
It will give you same capabilities, minus all the distribution and installation headache that SQL server compact will introduce.

You only need to bundle a single DLL to make it work, and there is also an ADO provider (which seems to be useful in your case):
http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

HTH.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:34:21 AM

I've been trying to break stuff as well and I finally managed to!

I just installed Alpha 2 and got this error when it appears the msc-chain got caught up:

DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289519
ERROR: Blockchain scanning thread threw exception : The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = ,Column name = ADDRESS ]

Is the version on the mastercoinwallets site always the latest version?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
dexX7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:24:34 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 12:50:01 PM by dexX7

Usually yes.

I received the same error and suggested a fix.

Edit: There is some difference with the cancel offer, I think:

https://masterchain.info/selloffer.html?tx=5c6802c5f1e3aa69f90a051250792bc1c5ad2e965259a2673059884df71dfd13&currency=TMSC
http://www.mymastercoins.com/default.aspx?TXID=5c6802c5f1e3aa69f90a051250792bc1c5ad2e965259a2673059884df71dfd13

Since this tx went through another open order shows an unit price of infinite: https://i.imgur.com/f6kUrO2.png (this was the state earlier, more or less: https://i.imgur.com/7vCCECd.png)

zathras (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:28:44 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 10:18:28 PM by zathras

I've been trying to break stuff as well and I finally managed to!

I just installed Alpha 2 and got this error when it appears the msc-chain got caught up:

DEBUG: Block Analysis for: 289519
ERROR: Blockchain scanning thread threw exception : The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = ,Column name = ADDRESS ]

Firstly, thanks for all the bug reports guys, I am taking them on board and looking at them where I can.  

I may be a bit quiet today so sorry if you don't get an immediate response, since joining 'full-time' a couple of weeks ago I've worked through both weekends which has - shall we say, irritated - my better half whom I promised I would work less after leaving my day job!  So a bit of Sunday family time is in order I think Smiley  You know the drill, happy wife happy life.

Tachikoma/DexX, I've just pushed a commit up fixing this bug (thanks to DexX for highlighting the buggy code!).

SyRenity, yep I have been thinking about SQLite but time is so limited at the moment it hasn't made its way far up the priority list unfortunately.

Ron, moving that folder won't do it I'm afraid - SQLCE is just really DLLs and these will be in your GAC (global assembly cache) as well as your system folders so just moving that folder out of program files will be ineffective.  As I mentioned really it's a complete removal or an upgrade.  Best bet is simply run this http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=5783 to update your old SQLCE install.  Also whilst I do of course appreciate your desire to have things easy for the user, I think those expectations are perhaps a little too high.  I have put a lot of effort into this & I did indeed test both without SQLCE and with SQLCE installed, but I did not test with outdated SQLCE installed.  I can't test every possible scenario, hardware configuration and software portfolio before alpha - it's just not realistic.  This is why it's out here for the community to test and as you guys pick these things up I will of course address them and try to remove/automate resolution of problems etc.  There WILL be bugs at this stage.  Completely agree stable releases should be much better Smiley but initial alphas are inherently unstable as they're the first time code gets tested on a wide range of configurations.

Thanks guys! Smiley
Zathras

EDIT: Tachikoma, just tested the link on mastercoinwallets and that pulls directly from raw.github.com so yeah should always be the latest binary.  Every time I do a commit on source I do a build and update the binary in the bin archive on github so getting latest version should always just be redownloading that archive following any commits I do.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

Awesome; I just re-tested everything and it syncs fine now. Thanks for the quick fix Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:18:01 AM

Ron, moving that folder won't do it I'm afraid - SQLCE is just really DLLs and these will be in your GAC (global assembly cache) as well as your system folders so just moving that folder out of program files will be ineffective.  As I mentioned really it's a complete removal or an upgrade.  Best bet is simply run this http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=5783 to update your old SQLCE install.  Also whilst I do of course appreciate your desire to have things easy for the user, I think those expectations are perhaps a little too high.  I have put a lot of effort into this & I did indeed test both without SQLCE and with SQLCE installed, but I did not test with outdated SQLCE installed.  I can't test every possible scenario, hardware configuration and software portfolio before alpha - it's just not realistic.  This is why it's out here for the community to test and as you guys pick these things up I will of course address them and try to remove/automate resolution of problems etc.  There WILL be bugs at this stage.  Completely agree stable releases should be much better Smiley but initial alphas are inherently unstable as they're the first time code gets tested on a wide range of configurations.

Understood - I ran the SQLCE installer and this resolved the issue (you may want to link to this from your error message).

I also understand about the alpha stage - it's just that I guess I expected something a bit more stable at this stage of development, but it's understand that this is still a bit raw around some edges since the wallet was just released.

FYI - please see this error from the debug window.

ERROR: Database block appears newer than bitcoinrpc blocks - is bitcoinrpc up to date? Exiting thread.

1. Should the thread really exit at this point? Bitcoin-qt is still syncing, should the code just wait for it to sync rather than give up? Or perhaps it is doing that and the message just threw me off?
2. Actually the wallet doesn't show any sort of progress bar, so the user does't know if the wallet is waiting for sync, or gave up. I think that adding something like that would be good for the user to know that something is going on.

dexX7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:28:16 PM

I also understand about the alpha stage - it's just that I guess I expected something a bit more stable at this stage of development, but it's understand that this is still a bit raw around some edges since the wallet was just released.

I think proper error messages are very important for usability, too. Let's just write every one down, whenever one without nice information is found. Smiley

Edit: zathras, what is your take on the translation thing? Is it safe to start submitting translations to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/masterchest-wallet-1/ or is not yet finalized and up to change?

hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 05:21:01 PM

So I have some difficulty running this simply because running the Bitcoin client is not very friendly with my computer, will it ever work from a light weight wallet like Multibit?

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:18:04 PM

So I have some difficulty running this simply because running the Bitcoin client is not very friendly with my computer, will it ever work from a light weight wallet like Multibit?

No, Masterchest probably won't. It needs the specific API calls from bitcoind, Multibit (as far as I know doesn't supply these calls). You can however still use a web-wallet like https://masterchain.info/, this could be considered light.

Zath, I'm trying to send the payment for an accepted DEx offer but I get the following error after filling in my password.

Translated: "Value can't be null", parameter name: Value

Any idea what I'm doing wrong there? Is the offer perhaps already expired?

zathras (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:57:30 PM

Ron, moving that folder won't do it I'm afraid - SQLCE is just really DLLs and these will be in your GAC (global assembly cache) as well as your system folders so just moving that folder out of program files will be ineffective.  As I mentioned really it's a complete removal or an upgrade.  Best bet is simply run this http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=5783 to update your old SQLCE install.  Also whilst I do of course appreciate your desire to have things easy for the user, I think those expectations are perhaps a little too high.  I have put a lot of effort into this & I did indeed test both without SQLCE and with SQLCE installed, but I did not test with outdated SQLCE installed.  I can't test every possible scenario, hardware configuration and software portfolio before alpha - it's just not realistic.  This is why it's out here for the community to test and as you guys pick these things up I will of course address them and try to remove/automate resolution of problems etc.  There WILL be bugs at this stage.  Completely agree stable releases should be much better Smiley but initial alphas are inherently unstable as they're the first time code gets tested on a wide range of configurations.

Understood - I ran the SQLCE installer and this resolved the issue (you may want to link to this from your error message).

FYI - please see this error from the debug window.

ERROR: Database block appears newer than bitcoinrpc blocks - is bitcoinrpc up to date? Exiting thread.

1. Should the thread really exit at this point? Bitcoin-qt is still syncing, should the code just wait for it to sync rather than give up? Or perhaps it is doing that and the message just threw me off?
2. Actually the wallet doesn't show any sort of progress bar, so the user does't know if the wallet is waiting for sync, or gave up. I think that adding something like that would be good for the user to know that something is going on.

Hey Ron,

1.  Yes, the scanning thread needs to exit here.  Your database is at lets say block 288000 (because it's pre-seeded), and bitcoin-qt is at lets say block 240000 (maybe because it's still resyncing/reindexing for example).  The wallet cannot analyze its next block (288001) because bitcoin-qt doesn't have that block available yet via RPC.  Thus we have to exit the thread and wait until bitcoin-qt has the block data available.  I wouldn't want to just wait the thread while we wait for bitcoin-qt to finish syncing as that is an indeterminate time period.  The scanning thread restarts every 5 minutes anyway so once bitcoin-qt has the block data available the wallet simply starts syncing itself.

2.  If you're getting that error the wallet state should be a red cross with 'not synchronized' (unless there is a bug).  Once the wallet starts syncing the status should change including showing progress through the blocks.  I can certainly add a '% remaining' or similar.

Not sure what you mean by give up, but if I catch your meaning the wallet will never 'give up' as it were.  Yep the scanning thread might exit if there are conditions it doesn't like, but it'll just try again in 5 minutes time.  It continues like this until you close the wallet.  The overview should always be in one of three states:
* Not synchronized
* Synchronizing
* Synchronized

Thanks Smiley
Zathras

zathras (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

I think proper error messages are very important for usability, too. Let's just write every one down, whenever one without nice information is found. Smiley

Edit: zathras, what is your take on the translation thing? Is it safe to start submitting translations to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/masterchest-wallet-1/ or is not yet finalized and up to change?
I agree - if you can tee up a batch of unclear error messages I can go through and adjust the handling to provide better guidance.

On the translations I honestly haven't had a chance to look at that/think about it at this stage.  I'll try to get some time to look at it Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: