Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:18:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WeSellFiles - a pay per download file market. Earn bitcoin by selling your data!  (Read 264 times)
Wesellfiles (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:15:58 PM
Merited by Vod (5)

Hi, I've built https://wesellfiles.com, it's a pay per download file market, built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network. It's a place where everyone can earn coins by selling files.
My intention was to make it as easy as possible for everyone to sell files and this is the result! Files are bought using the Lightning Network, the seller can withdraw his funds on-chain. If you have any questions let me know.
Enjoy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:32:45 PM

Hi, I've built https://wesellfiles.com, it's a pay per download file market, built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network. It's a place where everyone can earn coins by selling files.
My intention was to make it as easy as possible for everyone to sell files and this is the result! Files are bought using the Lightning Network, the seller can withdraw his funds on-chain. If you have any questions let me know.
Enjoy!

Are you only accepting ZIP files on purpose? I went to go test with a .txt file and only ZIP is permitted by the form HTML.

It's definitely a cool idea & nice approach.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:42:08 PM

Enjoy!

Are you only accepting ZIP files on purpose? I went to go test with a .txt file and only ZIP is permitted by the form HTML.

Hi, yes, I'm currenty only allowing zip files. If users want to upload more filetypes I can enable that later, depending on what people want.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 09:55:59 PM

Okay fair enough.

I'd probably recommend adding more file types in the future, specifically PSD, HTML, etc. But for now, it looks good.

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:31:20 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

The idea of earning bitcoin by uploading your files isn't entirely new, some of them can be found in this forum such as gag buzz in the past. But this is the first time LN is applied to such services.

Will you apply any fee for uploading/downloading, or are you planning post an advertisement on your site?
Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:45:11 AM

The idea of earning bitcoin by uploading your files isn't entirely new, some of them can be found in this forum such as gag buzz in the past. But this is the first time LN is applied to such services.

Will you apply any fee for uploading/downloading, or are you planning post an advertisement on your site?
There is a fee of ~1$ for the seller if he wants to withdraw his coins and a ~0.3$ fee for the buyer per GB downloaded.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:14:38 AM

I think this site is a lightning copy of selling sites like [1]  but why did you limit the upload to files only?.
Also, I can create a link without a need to create an account but how long will the link remain active?

There are some additions that I hope to find:

- The possibility of writing the price in dollars or euros instead of Satoshi.
 - Accept bech32 "starting with bc1" addresses.

Can you review this page?[2] I tried to verify some addresses and did not succeed.
I will try your site later.

[1] https://selly.gg/
[2] https://wesellfiles.com/commandline

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:31:07 AM

I think this site is a lightning copy of selling sites like [1]  but why did you limit the upload to files only?.
Also, I can create a link without a need to create an account but how long will the link remain active?

Can you review this page?[2] I tried to verify some addresses and did not succeed.

Hi, I have limited the upload to .zip files because I noticed that f.e. mp3 files will, sometimes, depending on the browser, get played directly inside the browser window wich makes it difficult to ensure that the file was actually downloaded by the user and not just cashed in the browser. It's there to reduce the risk for the user.
Currently I can not accept bech32 addresses because, as far as I know you, you can't sign messages with them and because of that you can't execute commands on my site because you can't prove that you are the owner of the address that has uploaded the file.

Selly looks interesting but the first thing you have to do is to make an account... I don't like accounts and I also don't like cookies. There is nothing like that on my page. You don't need an account to sell a file.
A file will be deleted if it hasn't been downloaded for more than 4 weeks. It's mentioned in the "?" on the upload page.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:13:05 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2018, 03:30:08 PM by Ucy

BuildingOnBitcoin, awesome stuff!  You need lots of marketing. Wish you all the best bro.

What's the site stands on copyright?

Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 05:29:01 PM

BuildingOnBitcoin, awesome stuff!  You need lots of marketing. Wish you all the best bro.

What's the site stands on copyright?

Thanks! It needs a lot of marketing indeed. And not many people know how to use lightning yet.

Files that contain "warez" will be removed when reported.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:58:50 PM

I think this site is a lightning copy of selling sites like [1]  but why did you limit the upload to files only?.

Hi, I have limited the upload to .zip files because I noticed that f.e. mp3 files will, sometimes, depending on the browser, get played directly inside the browser window wich makes it difficult to ensure that the file was actually downloaded by the user and not just cashed in the browser. It's there to reduce the risk for the user.
Currently I can not accept bech32 addresses because, as far as I know you, you can't sign messages with them and because of that you can't execute commands on my site because you can't prove that you are the owner of the address that has uploaded the file.

Selly looks interesting but the first thing you have to do is to make an account... I don't like accounts and I also don't like cookies. There is nothing like that on my page. You don't need an account to sell a file.
A file will be deleted if it hasn't been downloaded for more than 4 weeks. It's mentioned in the "?" on the upload page.

You can usually define this in the headers when providing the file for download.

You do have the option of allowing any files to be uploaded, but then zipping them on the backend:

1. User A uploads .MP3 file
2. System automatically compresses .MP3 in ZIP (perk of this is also file size savings)
3. When User B downloads, they download ZIP, uncompress to receive MP3.

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:18:50 PM

I know of other projects with a similar idea byt dont know anything about them.
Its a good idea especially for content creators and designers in many fields.

I have a couple of questions:

Will there be a way to browse the available uploaded files?
I might not know what I would like to download until I see it.

Will there be copyright implications?
Will there be a monitoring and filtering system?
Lets face it there will be some people selling cracked software
and potentially illegal and questionable content.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
e2048

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:07:06 PM

Modify your server configuration so it adds this header for all downloads and it will always popup the download file window for all files the same as it does for zip.

Content-Disposition: attachment
Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:15:37 PM

You can usually define this in the headers when providing the file for download.

You do have the option of allowing any files to be uploaded, but then zipping them on the backend:

1. User A uploads .MP3 file
2. System automatically compresses .MP3 in ZIP (perk of this is also file size savings)
3. When User B downloads, they download ZIP, uncompress to receive MP3.

I think that zipping on the server is an optimisation that is not yet required but when more people are using the service it will be a nice thing to have. Now I'd rather focus on usability issues, and as you said, it seems to be a good idea to allow more filetypes since the first thing that everybody seems to complain about is the zip upload restriction. I didn't know that I could define the file download behaviour in the header so that will be the next thing I will take a look into, thanks for the ideas.

Will there be a way to browse the available uploaded files?
I might not know what I would like to download until I see it.

Will there be copyright implications?
Will there be a monitoring and filtering system?
Lets face it there will be some people selling cracked software
and potentially illegal and questionable content.
There will be no way to browse the files on the page itself except your own files using the command tool and all files will be named randomly. This is intentional because I don't want bots and people to be able to browse copyrighted files by searching for strings like *gamename* on my site. This means that you will have to copy the link of the uploaded file and post it somwehere else and it also means that you will have to manage yourself how a preview of the data you want to sell looks like.
You can upload cracked software and potentially illegal and questionable content anywhere on the internet, I will handle it accordingly which means that it will be removed. If many people are using the service a blacklist (monitoring and filtering system) will be implemented.

Modify your server configuration so it adds this header for all downloads and it will always popup the download file window for all files the same as it does for zip.

Content-Disposition: attachment
Thanks buddy, I'll try it and release an update when it works
CoinSmithMining

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 08:22:39 AM

LOVE THE IDEA!!!
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 09:45:06 AM

Will you be showcasing all the files on your website as well? Now you can only share the link to your file, right?
I would definitely add some more compression formats, at least rar and 7zip.

Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 11:55:21 AM

Will you be showcasing all the files on your website as well? Now you can only share the link to your file, right?
I would definitely add some more compression formats, at least rar and 7zip.
There will be no showcasing of all files on the site. You will have to share the link somewhere if you want to sell the file.

Based on the feedback here I've just released an update. You are now able to upload all file formats, the only restriction is that a maximum of 4 chars is allowed in the filename extension.
igor.ko

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:48:19 PM

Enjoy!

Hi, yes, I'm currenty only allowing zip files. If users want to upload more filetypes I can enable that later, depending on what people want.

The idea is great, and it likely to get adopted by a wider audience if you manage to allow users to upload different filetypes.

I think when it comes to B2C services, the key is to make them as user friendly as possible. Good luck man!
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:17:39 PM

So the service is like a data storage centre, I upload my file to your service and
Wherever I want to sell it I can provide the link to that file where my buyer pays
to download it.

In effect you are offering a data handling and escrow or payment handling service.

Sounds good so far, (thanks for the reply to my Q's above)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Wesellfiles (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 10:37:02 AM

So the service is like a data storage centre, I upload my file to your service and
Wherever I want to sell it I can provide the link to that file where my buyer pays
to download it.

In effect you are offering a data handling and escrow or payment handling service.

Sounds good so far, (thanks for the reply to my Q's above)
Yes it's working exactly like this. Insert your BTC address, upload the file, paste the link, done.

The idea is great, and it likely to get adopted by a wider audience if you manage to allow users to upload different filetypes.

I think when it comes to B2C services, the key is to make them as user friendly as possible. Good luck man!
I also think, because of the amount of services out there, that the simplest and most user friendly solution will have the best chance to be adopted. The key is to reduce all entry barriers as much as possible.
You can upload any file now, it's implemented  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: