Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: scam emails after joining pool  (Read 1011 times)
MikeH (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:48:19 AM

anyone else receiving dodgy emails with .jar attachments from bitcoin.com.org or multibit.com.org ?

signed up to max.poolers.org just before MAX launch, I think the only other bitcoin related site I've used my email address on is this forum.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 05:49:59 AM

anyone else receiving dodgy emails with .jar attachments from bitcoin.com.org or multibit.com.org ?

signed up to max.poolers.org just before MAX launch, I think the only other bitcoin related site I've used my email address on is this forum.

their db may be stolen some amateur kiddies not aware sql injectors...
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:53:56 AM

I have been getting similar things. I am not on any pools, and only use the email on this forum.
I made a thread but every body said it was just me... :/
site was hacked multiple times.. I suspect they got the database.

MikeH (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:55:47 AM

their db may be stolen some amateur kiddies not aware sql injectors...

It was an MPOS site, heard of any others using that software that have had security issues?
MikeH (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:57:02 AM

I have been getting similar things. I am not on any pools, and only use the email on this forum.

oh ok.. yea could have been from when the forum was hacked, weird they haven't spammed everyone though.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:33:13 AM

There's some significant phishing emails going out in the last few days.  A lot of them are forging the 'From' field to show up as support@btcguild.com, which has just made my life peachy dealing with hundreds of bounce-back and emails calling me a scammer because their email providers failed to recognize that the server forwarding the email isn't included in BTC Guild's SPF records.  Decent email providers *should* market that as spam or even bounce it entirely.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
creepywheepy

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:35:05 AM

oh ok.. yea could have been from when the forum was hacked, weird they haven't spammed everyone though.

Did I get you right - this site had been attacked once?? I am a newbie so I don't know what was happening before I came here.

Donations - d5737925-d46d-47ec-9941-94a12a68861b
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:21:22 AM

Did I get you right - this site had been attacked once?? I am a newbie so I don't know what was happening before I came here.

Bitcointalk has been compromised at least 3 times since I've been here.  That's just the ones that had a visible effect and were thus publicly known.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:41:27 AM

Bitcointalk has been compromised at least 3 times since I've been here.  That's just the ones that had a visible effect and were thus publicly known.

Maybe everyone could send the forum operator some BTC to get some better software?  I recon 6000BTC would do it.   Roll Eyes
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:15:04 AM

Maybe everyone could send the forum operator some BTC to get some better software?  I recon 6000BTC would do it.   Roll Eyes

Apparently not!  Lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: