Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:37:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about developing a miner software  (Read 200 times)
KriptoGuruTR (OP)

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:06:26 PM

Hello all,

I think about developing an AMD GPU miner for Linux. It will be optimized for large scale farms and I have some great new ideas (no details yet)

A very short question for everybody. Do you think there is a demand?

Thanks
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s0ftcorn

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:44:31 PM

Depends on the algo. And how good it can compete with other miners.
KriptoGuruTR (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:50:45 PM

Ethash only.

I see there are almost no alternatives for Claymore on Linux.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:51:05 PM

Hello all,

I think about developing an AMD GPU miner for Linux. It will be optimized for large scale farms and I have some great new ideas (no details yet)

Thanks

not really unless its just spectacular.  There are a few already out there and some you probably never heard of.

Large farms = not many so you just narrowed your target to 1% of miners, probably less.

And if you provide no speed benefit, stability or savings then no one will use you.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
KriptoGuruTR (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:52:48 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 11:19:29 PM by KriptoGuruTR

Hello all,

Thanks

not really unless its just spectacular.  There are a few already out there and some you probably never heard of.

Large farms = not many so you just narrowed your target to 1% of miners, probably less.

It will be something like a home scale miner software with large scale support.

Stability will be #1 priority. For home users devfee will be based on miner's performance. I am almost sure it will not be the fastest miner but it will match the income with adjusted devfee. I have some ideas about devfee vs hashrate

I just need to weight the cons/pros with your questions and ideas. Thanks
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:30:03 AM

it is very simple...there are alot good/stable mining software already out there...if you want to compete with them you need to make your miner faster or cheaper to use

MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:29:28 AM

It will be something like a home scale miner software with large scale support.

Stability will be #1 priority. For home users devfee will be based on miner's performance. I am almost sure it will not be the fastest miner but it will match the income with adjusted devfee. I have some ideas about devfee vs hashrate

I just need to weight the cons/pros with your questions and ideas. Thanks

I don't think so it will be beneficial to build a miner for AMD supporting only Ethash algorithm.
Correct, there aren't any great alternatives for Claymore miner on Linux but most of the custom Linux OS oriented towards mining are already packaging Claymore for Ethash since the beginning.
You will have to bring a lot more to the table, like improved hashrate by +5%, less power consumption than current gen miners, auto-tuning features and such, not to mention everything that other miners already offers.
Moreover, people will need all of the above to even think about migrating towards a new miner and configuring it for their rigs.
So if you think you can deliver something exceptional with your miner, then you can give it a go or else it won't be worth your time developing one.
KriptoGuruTR (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:30:38 PM

I have some really great ideas. Well I guess I will start the project. I may add NVIDIA support later. Now lots of research time for me...
zij

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:56:12 AM

I have some really great ideas. Well I guess I will start the project. I may add NVIDIA support later. Now lots of research time for me...

I believe Claymore rewrote his miner in Assembler to get it to be the fastest he could..  I'm an experienced developer and wouldn't underestimate the complexity of writing a miner..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: