Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with localbitcoins.com  (Read 225 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:13:05 AM

I think I have witnessed this kind of situation before but not with LocalBitcoin just one of the exchange sites we have. When they claim that there is a particular organisation in charge of my region, I attempted to do the verification the first time with details of my ID, it returned that its unaccepted, that is the moment I knew it seems this people are not ready for business and I didn't even bother to try it the second time because the moment one is entered, it goes into their database without you having the power of deleting it.

For LocalBitcoin, I don't think you have anything to worry because they comply with data regulations and even update to the latest rule concerning that. But that should not mean you should just trust them with all of your most details because they data gets leaked, they would be too proud to admit it came from them and in this era where bio-metric is the order of the day, your data if misused could land you in trouble real fast.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: