Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:07:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some fresh CONFIRMED transactions on GOX stream  (Read 3373 times)
frito (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:55:44 AM

I just found a freshly confirmed transaction in the Mt GOX transaction stream https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php (I just checked about 8 from the top hopefully there is more):

https://blockchain.info/tx/22f8ad83649a8daff2b688903f46a13d0770c6e785e8398c8885c75baf37fc06

Lets hope this is a good sign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:21:07 AM

Thanks for posting!

Many threads on here regarding MtGox's possible insolvency. I will remain unbiased until an official statement has been made.

However, can anyone help OP confirm these External Test BTC Transfers?
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:28:00 AM

good find
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:39:43 AM

isn't this just one of those dust transactions that they have been doing all along that gmaxwell mentioned?
RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:54:40 AM

I'm no expert! But the Transaction ID's from: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ymb4r/some_light_on_the_horizon_for_gox/ do not correspond. Think they are different possible "external BTC transfers" from Gox  ?
Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:03:54 AM

... or did the txid change ...

=squeak=

Juneass

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:09:38 AM

Propability of this being a new transaction is slim to null.
If they even were testing a solution they would have updated the public.

Think of it like this.
If MtGox had any news they would have posted it to ensure the market about there solvency.
Compare it to a bank, if a bank had problems they would shut down and inform customers about why and how long. That information would be posted to combat instability, combat loss of value and save the trust of customers.

The lack of information and lack of deadline should, logically, tell the whole story in this case.
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:13:30 AM

Plus, at this point, they have to know how bad their public image right now... if there was something that worked properly, it would be very difficult for them to stop themselves from posting some positive news to try to save whatever reputation they have left.

If there is some good news, we'll definitely be hearing about it...

=squeak=

frito (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:15:13 AM

isn't this just one of those dust transactions that they have been doing all along that gmaxwell mentioned?
can u link?
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:14:52 PM

yes, it is.

nothign new.
frito (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:27:30 PM

yes, it is.

nothign new.
whats a dust transaction?
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:51:11 PM

Typically tiny amounts that get put together into a low/no fee transaction, sweeping them up at low priority, to turn them into a single larger amount, to save on transaction size (and fee) later on a higher priority transaction.

Too much dust, and you could end up having a transaction with a fee that is a lot higher than the coin you're actually trying to send.

=squeak=

frito (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

Typically tiny amounts that get put together into a low/no fee transaction, sweeping them up at low priority, to turn them into a single larger amount, to save on transaction size (and fee) later on a higher priority transaction.

Too much dust, and you could end up having a transaction with a fee that is a lot higher than the coin you're actually trying to send.

=squeak=

k thx.
I dont see though what would be the purpose of this scheme in GOX outgoing transactions.
Further more that transaction is ~1.3 btc with just 4 inputs.
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:49:39 PM

=squeak=

So it could be a faucet.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

k thx.
I dont see though what would be the purpose of this scheme in GOX outgoing transactions.
Further more that transaction is ~1.3 btc with just 4 inputs.
Every transaction is an outgoing transaction, as well as an incoming transaction.

That "outgoing" transaction could very well be an "incoming" transaction to another of MtGox's internal addresses, like one they are using specifically for dust collection, or one of many for cold wallet storage.

Also, it isn't about the amount of the transaction (in BTC) but about the size of it (in bytes). There are some who would be doing deposits and withdrawals in the hundreds of coin, for example, and you don't want to send a transaction consisting of 100 inputs.

I don't know what criteria they are using for their sweeping, but a routine collecting all pieces of coin valued at <1 BTC, and sweeping them up together to make a >1 BTC piece, is pretty reasonable for them to do.

So it could be a faucet.
. .. ... really? ... come on, you're not even trying... amateurish troll attempt... try harder...

=squeak=

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:59:30 PM

Been a bit happy at 1st but then checked it and checked the posts here, and yeah i doesn't seem like new transaction toward users at all.
Mikcik

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:46:09 PM

I didnt follow the GOX situation so just a quick question,  isnt there any adress on blockchain that one can check to see the balance of mgtox wallet? I know there had been speculations about few BIG ammount wallets that they belong to bitstamp etc. So arent there any wallets that belonged to mgtox and they are knows... whats the balance of the wallets that might have been those of mgtox...

i belive over the years people know which wallet was the mgtox one, and i also belive that you can track the transactions, so once you know the original mgtox wallet you can track the newest one and look at it balance? Or am i missing something?
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:56:28 PM

I didnt follow the GOX situation so just a quick question,  isnt there any adress on blockchain that one can check to see the balance of mgtox wallet? I know there had been speculations about few BIG ammount wallets that they belong to bitstamp etc. So arent there any wallets that belonged to mgtox and they are knows... whats the balance of the wallets that might have been those of mgtox...

i belive over the years people know which wallet was the mgtox one, and i also belive that you can track the transactions, so once you know the original mgtox wallet you can track the newest one and look at it balance? Or am i missing something?
I think the issue is that there isn't just one wallet.

Mikcik

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:25:43 PM

I think the issue is that there isn't just one wallet.

well and tried somebody track all ofthe possible wallets and look at the funds there... it should be really easy this way to find out how BTC solvent mgtox is...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: