Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Ways to Avoid Bitcoin Scams  (Read 2804 times)
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:27:26 PM

Yeah, this topic was tackled already many times. And there are way more ways on avoiding getting scammed.

Yes that was true but as we can see , this thread help us to remember whatbwe shild not commit for our own safety and I am glad that there still a few number of people who share knowledges regarding safety of our profits unlike the other who keep focusing on what they may get. These tips above must be monitored not only for the newbies and I guess also for the pioneers of this platforms from time to time scammers invent a new way to scam people.

AbduRRozzaqAbduLLah

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:57:25 AM

We should avoid storing or screenshoting details of our wallet on our phones in order to secureour coins. And it should be minded that window phones is more susceptible to to hacking which is even more perilous than phishing.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:07:24 AM

This is my steps how to avoid bitcoin scams or crypto currency scams.
1. Check the Background of the team (If the team didn't give info about each member of the team such as name previous projects, background, etc. There's a possibility that they will just run away with your money if they didn't give info's about their team.)
2. Read their whitepaper and look if it's really worth to invest with, their concept, etc. (This is important to know what the project is all about.)
3. Check the Social media accounts, If you find it very interesting presentable. (Join their telegram group in order to be updated.)
4. Check the Projects professionalism (How they handle users, control frauds, etc.)
5. Follow their Roadmap and other technical details and see if they meet it on time.
6. Look for the projects community and see if the community is active.
7. Look for special proof and validation.
8. Do your own research about the project such as review about the projects or you can also check the projects ANN thread to see comments who's agree/disagree or the communities idea about the project because ANN threads is like an open forum where you can ask, give insights, etc.
Ayoofe

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:30:04 AM

In addition to what has been said;
- Runaway from ponzi scheme believe,
- Don't entrust your keys to your online accounts,
- Don't put trust in a stranger etc.
Cryppp350

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:34:42 AM

These tips are very useful because of the fact that a lot of scams on the crypto market now!
I always check the previous projects of the project team and how successful they were. I think this is a very important factor for ICO!
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:39:50 AM

Most important thing every Bitcoin user must have in mind is that we are the owners and controllers of the Bitcoin we hold in our wallets, hence the security lies in our care. As much as possible, you must protect your login details and avoid giving away details to unknown sites that promises to give free Bitcoins.
Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:41:09 AM

Yeah, this topic was tackled already many times. And there are way more ways on avoiding getting scammed.

I think you might be saying there are so many ways of being scammed.Its easy to say about these things to avoid but the truth is you cant really tell scammers from legit. This is one reason why still until today there are scams in crypto and many have still fallen into it. Still I think its luck most of the time that you can land on legit and profitable projects.

████████████          SWG.IO     /     Smart World Global Token          ███          BINANCE Square #SWGT          ████████████
████████████          PRE SALE IS LIVE! at $0.15     ███     BUY NOW          ████████████
████████████          ✅ FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED      ███     CERTIK AUDITED          ████████████
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:47:44 AM

Well thank you for these reminders, its good to be reminded from time to time as not to become over confident to what we already know..there are indeed many scams  and so to avoid it we must be aware of it and make a necessary precaution not to victimized by it.

darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:52:38 AM

As interest in digital currencies increases such as Bitcoin, more and more Bitcoin scams promise high returns. Unrealistic lure is clearly a mere cover, and usually ends with the loss of clients' funds. Fraud often spreads in social circles based on trusted relationships. Therefore, we must be aware that there are cunning fraudsters who can actively seek ways to deceive with absurd tricks and offers.

How to avoid bitcoin scams :

1. Know What You Are Facing

You don't need to rush to decide whether an investment product is a scam or not. All you need to do is, take a moment to find complete information about the project. The easiest way to do this is to find information in the form of company details or Whitepaper (if ICO), and other things related to the investment product. Learn all the details carefully and do some research on testimonials, comments, and so on. Another way is to join a Bitcoin forum like Bitcointalk, and immediately ask for credibility of an investment product or company to other members.

2. Avoid Unrealistic Offerings

Usually, crypto currency fraud can disguise its identity by using a social media account or advertising banner that looks professional. Mark Steward, director of FCA law enforcement, explained that when people become more skeptical of the real world regarding investment and consumer habits have changed, investment fraud has moved into the realm of Online and social media.

How to avoid this Bitcoin Scam is, you are better selective about all investment offerings from the Online platform that you did not ask for, whether through social media, email, or even by telephone. Even if it looks official, pay attention to how it is offered. Con artists usually dare to promise high profits to lure victims. So if you feel the promise of profits is unrealistic, immediately ignore the proposed offer.

3. Beware of Phising Web Pages

Increased interest in crypto currencies makes many new investors enter the market. Lots of land in a fake landing page that claims to be a popular digital currency exchange platform. One example is the one that uses the Punycode technique. Through this method, the fake domain 'xn - inance-hrb [dot] com' can be displayed as 'ƅinance [dot] com'. This technique is usually able to deceive consumers, because web pages can look really like the original. You can overcome this by being aware of vulnerabilities that exist in internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Opera,

4. Beware of Fake Digital Wallets

Fake virtual wallets often appear online or at the mobile app store. In the example of a fake Wallet fraud that happened, more than $ 3.3 million was stolen from users who want to claim their Bitcoin Gold. To anticipate similar events, many Bitcoin Wallet providers caution clients to be aware of the cloning of scammers who want to steal victim funds by imitating their appearance.

MyEtherWallet for example, warns customers about fake MyEtherWallet in December. In addition, before choosing a digital wallet provider, do research first. Please share opinions on leading crypto forums, both local and foreign. In essence, only use the Wallet provider with a good track record.

5. Beware of Bitcoin Thief Malware

Malware is something that concerns computer owners. But now, a new category of malware capable of stealing Bitcoin-related data has appeared. Malware authorized by the computer owner is able to record typing or search for a file with the keyword "Account", "Password", "Bitcoin", "Wallet", or other keywords specified by the author, then upload the file to an anonymous server automatically.

In addition, there is also a malware that seeks to absorb the computing power of computer users to mine crypto. Anticipating this, YouTube is trying to deactivate ads that take computing power to mine crypto currencies. It is believed, after users see the related ad videos, the computer becomes slow and there will be warnings from anti-virus programs. Malware like this can steal up to 100% of computing power to mine crypto currencies (generally Monero). The solution that can be applied here is to install strong anti-virus protection and active Firewall to protect the computer.
Most of your assets are in the wallet of the trading floor. Although it may seem safe, in reality your property may be in danger and become a victim of attacks. We should be careful when sharing personal information
DavidEdward

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:00:20 AM

Thank for your writing. I am a new member and the post really is very useful to me now, hopefully, the time comes when I decide to invest in the currency will not encounter such fraud cases.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:13:38 PM

I think the hardware wallet is the most secure one. Many people who lose BTC do not keep their private key well or lose their encryption on the exchange.
A hardware purse is essentially a flash drive with a controller and other components that can fail. Therefore, I believe that you need to duplicate a private key and write it down in a safe place and store it in an inaccessible place to protect the risks of losing a private key.
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:02:58 PM

As interest in digital currencies increases such as Bitcoin, more and more Bitcoin scams promise high returns. Unrealistic lure is clearly a mere cover, and usually ends with the loss of clients' funds. Fraud often spreads in social circles based on trusted relationships. Therefore, we must be aware that there are cunning fraudsters who can actively seek ways to deceive with absurd tricks and offers.

You don't need to rush to decide whether an investment product is a scam or not. All you need to do is, take a moment to find complete information about the project. The easiest way to do this is to find information in the form of company details or Whitepaper (if ICO), and other things related to the investment product. Learn all the details carefully and do some research on testimonials, comments, and so on. Another way is to join a Bitcoin forum like Bitcointalk, and immediately ask for credibility of an investment product or company to other members.

Usually, crypto currency fraud can disguise its identity by using a social media account or advertising banner that looks professional. Mark Steward, director of FCA law enforcement, explained that when people become more skeptical of the real world regarding investment and consumer habits have changed, investment fraud has moved into the realm of Online and social media.

How to avoid this Bitcoin Scam is, you are better selective about all investment offerings from the Online platform that you did not ask for, whether through social media, email, or even by telephone. Even if it looks official, pay attention to how it is offered. Con artists usually dare to promise high profits to lure victims. So if you feel the promise of profits is unrealistic, immediately ignore the proposed offer.

Increased interest in crypto currencies makes many new investors enter the market. Lots of land in a fake landing page that claims to be a popular digital currency exchange platform. One example is the one that uses the Punycode technique. Through this method, the fake domain 'xn - inance-hrb [dot] com' can be displayed as 'ƅinance [dot] com'. This technique is usually able to deceive consumers, because web pages can look really like the original. You can overcome this by being aware of vulnerabilities that exist in internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Opera,

Fake virtual wallets often appear online or at the mobile app store. In the example of a fake Wallet fraud that happened, more than $ 3.3 million was stolen from users who want to claim their Bitcoin Gold. To anticipate similar events, many Bitcoin Wallet providers caution clients to be aware of the cloning of scammers who want to steal victim funds by imitating their appearance.

MyEtherWallet for example, warns customers about fake MyEtherWallet in December. In addition, before choosing a digital wallet provider, do research first. Please share opinions on leading crypto forums, both local and foreign. In essence, only use the Wallet provider with a good track record.

Malware is something that concerns computer owners. But now, a new category of malware capable of stealing Bitcoin-related data has appeared. Malware authorized by the computer owner is able to record typing or search for a file with the keyword "Account", "Password", "Bitcoin", "Wallet", or other keywords specified by the author, then upload the file to an anonymous server automatically.

In addition, there is also a malware that seeks to absorb the computing power of computer users to mine crypto. Anticipating this, YouTube is trying to deactivate ads that take computing power to mine crypto currencies. It is believed, after users see the related ad videos, the computer becomes slow and there will be warnings from anti-virus programs. Malware like this can steal up to 100% of computing power to mine crypto currencies (generally Monero). The solution that can be applied here is to install strong anti-virus protection and active Firewall to protect the computer.

Your ways is the best to avoid bitcoin scams. Actually beginners need to read this so that they can avoid bitcoin and they work here freely.

awosesun

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:17:21 PM

Another way to avoid your bitcoin from been stolen is to stop opening any address that pops up on your laptop. Airdrop is another method scammer are using now to steal people hard earned money. I used to do airdrop b4 but i habe learned my lessons now when my brothers wallet was compromised.
deguzmanwacky

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

Translator

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 02:43:25 PM

Newbies like me should these kinds of posts. Thanks for the heads up
mansilkroad

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:50:35 PM

And i recommended to use operation systems, like mac os or ubuntu, because windows subject to virus attacks much more than the above. I use mac os more then 2 years and didn't get any attack.
100% agreed here, Mac's are realy safe and userfriendly. You get what you pay for.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:39:02 PM

That's right, phishing everywhere. And the phishing list seems to be getting longer and longer. Keep your account secure 2FA, using Google Authenticator or Authy at each login. We recommend that you use different passwords for websites and write them all on one sheet of paper, then keep it in a safe place.
Writing your passwords creates another set of problems, there are many people that write their passwords and they let that information laying around where anyone with access to the house can read them and steal your money, you need to have that information hidden somewhere in your home and if possible avoid strangers coming into it, if you do that then the chances that your accounts get hacked gets lower but the chance will always be there which is why we need to take the security of our coins very seriously.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:49:51 PM

This post will help a lot of beginners and investors. In addition its very important we learn to keep our private keys, password and anything related to our online funds safe to avoid stories that touches. secondly we should learn to avoid airdrop because that's the new way of scamming people off their funds nowadays. Thirdly greediness is the number one reason why most of us are been scam get this now no legit sites offers free Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies avoid sites that preach of free coins.
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:05:22 PM

I would like to thank you for the good useful pieces of advice. I think that I will be able to avoid any btc scams after reading your post. I agree with all the points mentioned there and wish to find more posts like this one here

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:10:50 PM

Nice article, these are actually the major ways people get scammed. I think people get scammed through phishing sites the most followed by unrealistic offerings

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:38:11 PM

I think the following 5 ways will help you avoid cheating bitcoin.
1. Have a strong password.
2. Always check before transaction.
3. Verify true-fake.
4. Use cold wallets.
5. Do not trust, always verify before transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: