Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PBmining - legit?  (Read 67866 times)
supersajin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:55:02 PM

I'm member #36!!  Been getting paid every Sunday since January!!
PB used to sell hardware in 2013...excellent reviews on ebay WAY b4 they got into the cloud mining biz.

tuppleware

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:01:12 PM

PB used to sell hardware in 2013...excellent reviews on ebay WAY b4 they got into the cloud mining biz.

I'm not sure how you broke even in the time period you quoted before.  All the calculators I've used show a 7-12 month break even (using about 15% diff increase and .003btc /ghs cost today)
Please elaborate if you don't mind. Thx.
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

I'm not sure how you broke even in the time period you quoted before.  All the calculators I've used show a 7-12 month break even (using about 15% diff increase and .003btc /ghs cost today)

I'm having a hard time seeing how you actually do break even unless you get lucky with low diff increases and the price of BTC goes up.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

Obviously he broke even by pimping the referral link around in his signature, because it costs him nothing and he gets free hash when people sign up.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Elmer Fud

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:58:26 PM

I've dealt with pbmining in the past and I have to say it is legit and run by a stand up guy. Basically all he does is successfully predict future winners more often than most and splits the profit between all hash holders. If he didn;t have such a long and prosperous track record, I'd say it was all luck but in this case it seems more like a guy that really understands the game. From personal experience I can say with all honesty that I have no complaints about pbmining and have always been impressed by their service.
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:06:52 PM

At the current buy price it would take over 100 days to break even if and only IF the following is true.
During the entire 100 days there is absolutely no increase in difficulty. With steady 15-20% increases I don't think you would ever see an ROI.  I have a hard time buying what you're selling.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

I've dealt with pbmining in the past and I have to say it is legit and run by a stand up guy. Basically all he does is successfully predict future winners more often than most and splits the profit between all hash holders. If he didn;t have such a long and prosperous track record, I'd say it was all luck but in this case it seems more like a guy that really understands the game. From personal experience I can say with all honesty that I have no complaints about pbmining and have always been impressed by their service.

He may have been legit at one point, I don't see how it can be true anymore.   The math doesn't work, even if he gets the hardware for free, the power for 5 years costs more than the contract price. 
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:57:01 AM

I'm member #36!!  Been getting paid every Sunday since January!!
Hope you realize that the eBay account was (what I assume to be) a single man operation last year. It was run under the name "SaskatoonRoxy". You can see this from one of the reviews, it says "Happy to deal with SaskatoonRoxy. Good value."

So a year ago I assume it was just his personal eBay account. Now he's changed the username to PBMining, that's the only thing that changed.  Wink
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:03:38 AM

do u have a link to his ebay account, i know he is not selling to anybody on ebay now but i want to read som of his feed back
CLOUDMINING.GURU

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 05:04:20 AM

do u have a link to his ebay account, i know he is not selling to anybody on ebay now but i want to read som of his feed back

There you go: http://ebay.com/usr/pbmining

Regards

dudexer

Activity: 213

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:06:30 AM

Regards
Thank you for the link, as a investor i like to be part of new coins.
pbmining seems legit to me.
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:39:02 AM

I'm having a hard time seeing how you actually do break even unless you get lucky with low diff increases and the price of BTC goes up.

At the end of May i blew 0.3 Btc on 60 Ghz.  As of this coming weekend, I will have got roughly half of that back.  That is around 2 months and it is Btc in my wallet.  As difficulty goes up and payments go down I expecting the other half to take 4 months. 

thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:41:49 AM

Can you elaborate?  He only mines selective blocks? 

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:48:35 AM

Can you elaborate?  He only mines selective blocks?  

Is there any definitive proof pbmining is not a ponzi yet?

Is there still no pictures/videos of their mine?

Is there a btc address they own which is mining with 1PH?

Are they still mixing/obfuscating payments?
MrsDoublehelix

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:06:55 PM

out of curiosity, wouldn't it be interesting to know where the BTC PBmining is paying weekly have been minted ?

( or is that also hidden by their mixing-service ? )
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:43:20 PM

Regards
Thank you for the link, as a investor i like to be part of new coins.
pbmining seems legit to me.

hahaha first post.

the more shills the more obvious a ponzi this is.

also, they could sell themselves equipment on ebay to make a false rep, ebay is irrelevant, they pay laundered coins and they won't provide the slightest evidence they have any mining equipment.

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:52:11 PM

hahaha first post.

the more shills the more obvious a ponzi this is.

also, they could sell themselves equipment on ebay to make a false rep, ebay is irrelevant, they pay laundered coins and they won't provide the slightest evidence they have any mining equipment.

I highly doubt they hire(create) shills even if they are a ponzi.  They have more than enough people that they don't need to bother with that at all...
dyask

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

out of curiosity, wouldn't it be interesting to know where the BTC PBmining is paying weekly have been minted ?

( or is that also hidden by their mixing-service ? )
Some time ago, probably in this thread it was pointed out they were paying for the same wallet people's payments for GH/s when into.   However that wouldn't mean they aren't mining.   PBMining has simply refused to provide any proof that they are actually mining.   They have a nonsense cover story about how it would be a security risk to do so.   
hibr3d

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:51:46 AM

I bought into this a few days ago. I only bought 100 GH/s because I have this feeling that I wont really make anything on it. In fact I would be happy to see just break even in 5yrs. It all depends on the difficulty not increasing drastically I think. This term it doesn't look like it is predicted to be a big increase so I shouldn't see a big drop per day. If we get a few terms with bog increases I may not have any chance to ever make it back. Either way it will be an experience that I will learn from one way or the other.
This is the problem with buying such a long term investment in cloud mining or any type of mining for that matter. As it is now the difficulty is doubling roughly every two months, in other words your expected revenue is going to half every two months (assuming that your provider does not charge any kind of ongoing maintenance fee, if it does then your drop will be more every two months). The later part of your contract will see very few results.
My thinking was with the .3btc i spent on this contract... What could I have bought really to get into mining with such little funds. I mean, for me to buy a miner doing 100gh/s would cost me more then .3btc. I will still only get 100gh/s so all I am losing is the paper weight after it costs more to run then it can get mine in coin, which I imagine wont be long. Like I said it is more of an experiment for me. I will not be reinvesting along the run I am just curious if it will eventually give any roi at all.
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140704023505485N5SxDMkW0693
Bitman AntMiner S3 costs .725 BTC that runs at 478 GHs, or ~ .15 per 100 GHs.

Granted you do not have to pay for electricity, however I don't think that the electric cost would add up to be 1/2 of the cost of the machine.
That miner isn't shipping yet.   And even so you will a lot more on power for 5 years than the price of the miner.   It draws 366 watts!   Let's say you have very cheap power $.05/kilowatt.  That would be ((366 * 24) / 1000) * $.05 / day = $.44 / day.    Over 5 years that is $803 which is currently 1.27 BTC.

So even with very cheap power you are looking at .75+1.27 or 2.02 BTC.   2 BTC / 478 is .004184 BTC

So if PBMining were legit they would be either charging a fee for power or charging a LOT more per GH/s.

We also know they aren't charging a fee for maintenance because they have been basically returning the theoretical maximum BTC that can be mined.    So something isn't right and the math doesn't support them.

For the record you can by cloud mining cheaper than what PBMining charges, but there is a fee for power taken out on a daily basis.   An example it the PETA shares at HavelockInvestments.  Each share is 1 GH/s of mining and the current cost is about .0027 per share.   It is a free market price so it goes up and down all the time, well mostly down.   You get paid daily.   

You made a good math right there. Maybe you have any idea where to invest my btc? Any legit cloudmining sites out there?

I was about to invest in pbmining and all i can see its a ponzi scheme.

dyask

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:14:03 AM

I bought into this a few days ago. I only bought 100 GH/s because I have this feeling that I wont really make anything on it. In fact I would be happy to see just break even in 5yrs. It all depends on the difficulty not increasing drastically I think. This term it doesn't look like it is predicted to be a big increase so I shouldn't see a big drop per day. If we get a few terms with bog increases I may not have any chance to ever make it back. Either way it will be an experience that I will learn from one way or the other.
This is the problem with buying such a long term investment in cloud mining or any type of mining for that matter. As it is now the difficulty is doubling roughly every two months, in other words your expected revenue is going to half every two months (assuming that your provider does not charge any kind of ongoing maintenance fee, if it does then your drop will be more every two months). The later part of your contract will see very few results.
My thinking was with the .3btc i spent on this contract... What could I have bought really to get into mining with such little funds. I mean, for me to buy a miner doing 100gh/s would cost me more then .3btc. I will still only get 100gh/s so all I am losing is the paper weight after it costs more to run then it can get mine in coin, which I imagine wont be long. Like I said it is more of an experiment for me. I will not be reinvesting along the run I am just curious if it will eventually give any roi at all.
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140704023505485N5SxDMkW0693
Bitman AntMiner S3 costs .725 BTC that runs at 478 GHs, or ~ .15 per 100 GHs.

Granted you do not have to pay for electricity, however I don't think that the electric cost would add up to be 1/2 of the cost of the machine.
That miner isn't shipping yet.   And even so you will a lot more on power for 5 years than the price of the miner.   It draws 366 watts!   Let's say you have very cheap power $.05/kilowatt.  That would be ((366 * 24) / 1000) * $.05 / day = $.44 / day.    Over 5 years that is $803 which is currently 1.27 BTC.

So even with very cheap power you are looking at .75+1.27 or 2.02 BTC.   2 BTC / 478 is .004184 BTC

So if PBMining were legit they would be either charging a fee for power or charging a LOT more per GH/s.

We also know they aren't charging a fee for maintenance because they have been basically returning the theoretical maximum BTC that can be mined.    So something isn't right and the math doesn't support them.

For the record you can by cloud mining cheaper than what PBMining charges, but there is a fee for power taken out on a daily basis.   An example it the PETA shares at HavelockInvestments.  Each share is 1 GH/s of mining and the current cost is about .0027 per share.   It is a free market price so it goes up and down all the time, well mostly down.   You get paid daily.   

You made a good math right there. Maybe you have any idea where to invest my btc? Any legit cloudmining sites out there?

I was about to invest in pbmining and all i can see its a ponzi scheme.

I've been buying/selling B.Mine & B.Sell on HavelockInvestments.com a lot.   It isn't real but they clearly tell you that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: