Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:01:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  
Author Topic: PBmining - legit?  (Read 67866 times)
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

this thread alone is a slap to the face. a bit too late on admitting there was a huge problem.

now trying to gain back whatever reputation thats left, to continue.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887871.0
I don't think Jason has much of a reputation left at this point. It's really hard to believe that the company suffered "horrible losses thanks to some very shady people with unreasonable demands." A day or two before this was posted, PB was talking about giving blackmail and threat details to law enforcement to deal with. So I guess PBMining paid off the blackmailers and people threatening them instead of truly taking it to law enforcement? There are so many questions left to be answered by Jason, and I suspect that many of the posts he has made in the past few days aren't really the truth with what's going on.

I just hope that customers get their full investments back from PBMining and learn from it. If not, I hope they begin a lawsuit suing Jason for all losses incurred, and not holding up his part of the 5 year PBMining "contract".
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 11:16:13 PM

Thats actually not true, there is many people that ROI'd! (specially early investors, the one with more risk)

Agreed, the early investors made some money as new investors paid off the old investors. If you were an early investor you likely got your money back and maybe a little more on top of that, but likely not too much.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 11:17:13 PM

Jason is the only one who most certainly ROI'd.
majorhydra

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:36:08 AM

this is pretty mind blowing, since I just got digging into cloud minding on who to go with...

but wow.. seeing one exposed like this just makes me kinda sick..

keep in mind its not just pbmining, its also every other cloud mining possible operators out there.

just do your homework.
shadowmoon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

Lots of Pbmining topics around

Because They scammed

official thread locked too

snowcrawl

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:18:10 PM

keep in mind its not just pbmining, its also every other cloud mining possible operators out there.

just do your homework.

The very nature of this industry leaves the door wide open for customers to be taken advantage of in all kinds of ways.  At the very least, customers have been short changed by the majority of these services, including preorders on mining equipment.  The bar is set so low that someone could have easily come along when PB Mining did, create a nice looking website and attract plenty of customers.  Customers who did not demand the kind of transparency and trustworthiness that you would expect and require in more established businesses such as in banking and the stock market.  Customers who were easily hypnotized by the novelty and hype of something that is relatively new, and seemed to hold a lot of promise.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:16:46 PM

Running the numbers, they are just too good to be true. Running miners for 5 years will cost more in electricity than they made from the contract sale. That's not even counting the cost of hardware. They'll only be able to keep paying out as long as they continue receiving new sales. Once the new sales dry up, they will fail.

Next time listen to me.

Buy & Hold
jarvanIV

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:11:45 PM

if they were legit, why would they post something called a recovery program lol.

at this point, cloud mining is really preferred on those who produce hardware of their own like bitmain. i mean look at  GAW lol.
jaxxx

Activity: 159

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:50:18 PM

just do your homework.

The very nature of this industry leaves the door wide open for customers to be taken advantage of in all kinds of ways.  At the very least, customers have been short changed by the majority of these services, including preorders on mining equipment.  The bar is set so low that someone could have easily come along when PB Mining did, create a nice looking website and attract plenty of customers.  Customers who did not demand the kind of transparency and trustworthiness that you would expect and require in more established businesses such as in banking and the stock market.  Customers who were easily hypnotized by the novelty and hype of something that is relatively new, and seemed to hold a lot of promise.

this sounds more like what BFL did as well, create something pretty, then BAM slap to the face!

Time to jaxxx it up.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:18:33 AM

Hmmm, just logged in to find a very low amount about to be paid out. Then found this thread back.
ROI'ed last week, so all the effort now for 0,01 BTC profit.

Very annoying for everyone who didn't make ROI yet. Is there any other communication from these guys besides the "oh well, we're gone" announcement?
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:42:32 AM

if they were legit, why would they post something called a recovery program lol.

at this point, cloud mining is really preferred on those who produce hardware of their own like bitmain. i mean look at  GAW lol.
They were recently dox'ed and claimed to have received death threats.

They probably wanted to delay any kind of investigation by Law enforcement of them and/or wanted to stop the death threats

xilatleo

Activity: 186
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:25:43 PM

Now you can see It s L"legit"  Grin
imp0ster

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:20:25 PM

They were recently dox'ed and claimed to have received death threats.

They probably wanted to delay any kind of investigation by Law enforcement of them and/or wanted to stop the death threats

Taking the Neo & Bee approach
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  

Jump to: