Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:33:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PoW2] WitnessCoin  (Read 393 times)
WitnessCoin (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:44:33 AM

Placeholder: Announcement to be made in a week from today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itudou

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 04:30:25 AM

glad to see what will happen.
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:02:06 AM

I saw your post in the Gulden ANN, witnessing is a brilliant concept developed by the Gulden developers. For those that don't know about witnessing here is the whitepaper from the Gulden developers which they released last year and witnessing itself was released end of last month.
https://gulden.com/pow2

I am willing to invest in this coin on two conditions.

1. Do you have capable developers that can fork Gulden correctly? Apparently there was over 40 000 lines of code that went into the PoW2 update.
2. The most important one is marketing. The reason Gulden isn't a success is because the founder doesn't do marketing and I know if a group had to market PoW2 - Witnessing correctly it would have a massive impact on the global crypto market.

What exchanges will this coin be enlisted on?

johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:43:36 AM

stop being a moron by supporting these scam artists Luuk

of course he doesnt have any developing skills

that is why he is asking to contact the original developer in the Gulden thread
WitnessCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:25:52 AM

I saw your post in the Gulden ANN, witnessing is a brilliant concept developed by the Gulden developers. For those that don't know about witnessing here is the whitepaper from the Gulden developers which they released last year and witnessing itself was released end of last month.

1. Do you have capable developers that can fork Gulden correctly? Apparently there was over 40 000 lines of code that went into the PoW2 update.  The developers will copy Gulden's code base. We are only changing the supply and witnessing amount to equal the scrypt mining amount. eg 50-50 or 25 - 25
2. The most important one is marketing. The reason Gulden isn't a success is because the founder doesn't do marketing and I know if a group had to market PoW2 - Witnessing correctly it would have a massive impact on the global crypto market. With Gulden leading the development on witnessing we will copy the changes they do. The 10% premine will be used for marketing (50%), The WitnessCoin Team (30%), exchange listing cost (15%) and (5%) we will contribute towards the Gulden developers to keep on improving their code.

What exchanges will this coin be enlisted on? Binance and Bitfinex will be our partner exchanges who will have 15% of the supply between them.

Both exchanges will also promote WitnessCoin as part of the listing fee.

We are keeping the coin true to Malcolm McLeod's Gulden whitepaper by not changing anything besides the coin name, supply and distribution rewards.

We will provide more details about the team and the coin next week.
n3482nba

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:50:45 AM

stop being a moron by supporting these scam artists Luuk

of course he doesnt have any developing skills

that is why he is asking to contact the original developer in the Gulden thread
Contacting the original developer does not mean that this project is a scam, you cannot judge a project as a scam if you have only one consideration, if you have more than 1 proof, especially in the work program they have, you can speculate that this is a scam
don't think too fast without complete analysis
Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:19:14 AM

1. Do you have capable developers that can fork Gulden correctly? Apparently there was over 40 000 lines of code that went into the PoW2 update.  The developers will copy Gulden's code base. We are only changing the supply and witnessing amount to equal the scrypt mining amount. eg 50-50 or 25 - 25
2. The most important one is marketing. The reason Gulden isn't a success is because the founder doesn't do marketing and I know if a group had to market PoW2 - Witnessing correctly it would have a massive impact on the global crypto market. With Gulden leading the development on witnessing we will copy the changes they do. The 10% premine will be used for marketing (50%), The WitnessCoin Team (30%), exchange listing cost (15%) and (5%) we will contribute towards the Gulden developers to keep on improving their code.

What exchanges will this coin be enlisted on? Binance and Bitfinex will be our partner exchanges who will have 15% of the supply between them.

We are keeping the coin true to Malcolm McLeod's Gulden whitepaper by not changing anything besides the coin name, supply and distribution rewards.

Will you have a reward halving? Don't make supply too big because of inflation, marketing is important for more users and higher price. Exchanges are the best, good start for you.
WitnessCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:17:04 AM

Will you have a reward halving? Don't make supply too big because of inflation, marketing is important for more users and higher price. Exchanges are the best, good start for you.

The PoW scrypt reward will start the same as the witness and decrease to 1 WTC per block within 3 months. The witness amount will stay the same, the details about the supply and rewards will be explained in more detail next week.
l102Maker

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:33:03 AM

When is the release date and what about an Android wallet?
WitnessCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:38:25 AM

When is the release date and what about an Android wallet?

1. 30th September, we need time to put our own branding on the desktop wallets.

2. We will leave it up to the community to ask developers to develop mobile wallets, we will reward the developers.

The core focus of WTC is a store of value coin. We don't want miners continuously dumping large supply on the exchanges daily which will prevent the price from rising. Store of value must equate to a slow rise in price with time, users who witness can decide when to sell coins on the exchanges.
For the first 3 months the PoW rewards can be used to setup witness accounts and whatever other coins we sell on the exchanges to fund ongoing marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns.
WitnessCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:01:37 PM

We have decided to hold off on the launch of the coin as the witnessing code is much more complex then we anticipated, we will get in contact with the Gulden developers for help for the initial setup.
johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:14:29 AM

lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: