Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:28:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. SEC postponed ETF until end of September. Bitcoin start dump.  (Read 426 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 05:57:09 AM

Few day's ago was a rumor about ETF approval will middle of August. Today Cointelegraph publish a news that ETF proposal postponed to end of September.  After this ETF news Bitcoin start downtrend again. After ETF proposal bitcoin was bullish. But recently due to postponed ETF btc run on bearish again . If ETF result become positive market will be bump instantly. Hope SEC will consider for approve of ETF application.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:59:29 AM

after the ETF "hype" nonsense bitcoin started having a small rise, it was never bullish. just as it is not bearish now that it has dropped from that rise. and it is not a "dump" this is just a market panic that was expected which has been the main reason why people haven't been buying bitcoin during that initial "hype" phase that i said. basically because they knew this would happen and newbies will panic for no reason.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:03:19 AM

It's good news that the SEC postponed the bitcoin ETF decision.This might help for bitcoin to gain more support and get approved,even though I don't believe that it will happen.I don't care that much about the current price,I hodling btc for the next 6 months atleast.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:23:11 AM

The second news is correct, as a second postponement and so may follow this delay[1], it does not appear that this decision will happen this year.
Another problem was that the market was thirsty for positive news, so the ceiling was highly ambitious which made the price rise by $ 2000, now with sales going back to $ 5800 for short periods.
The rise of hopes as soon as any news emerges will reinforce fears in this currency due to the rapid fluctuations and hence the credibility of their acceptance.
Overall we seem to be settling at $ 6,000 for extended periods.

[1] https://www.sec.gov/rules/sro/cboebzx/2018/34-83792.pdf

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kalawang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:27:25 AM

Few day's ago was a rumor about ETF approval will middle of August. Today Cointelegraph publish a news that ETF proposal postponed to end of September.  After this ETF news Bitcoin start downtrend again. After ETF proposal bitcoin was bullish. But recently due to postponed ETF btc run on bearish again . If ETF result become positive market will be bump instantly. Hope SEC will consider for approve of ETF application.
i think this id the last dump of the bitcoin because if you know that bitcoin and all cryptocurrency is all manipulated so they are the one that have a power to control this so if i am you buy this last chance opportunity until the value of bitcoin is too low.
pixelvault

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:50:14 AM

Whatever CBNC fast money says, do the opposite and profit.
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:18:41 AM

I think prices will rise again in a few weeks before the SEC announced the result of Bitcoin ETF because rumors about ETF approval are still alive, just need to be patient to prove the rumors, I hope it will come true

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:09:23 AM

I believe the delays are the result of the SEC flexing its authority muscles and also shows its uncertainty over the safety and security of cryptocurrencies. Perhaps the U.S. will observe other countries before legitimizing bitcoin.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:28:30 AM

ETF not the new things it always there and postponed since 2013. But bearish market is real and people still fear about bad news which always easy spread stronger than the good news. People have to patience and market too both need time to recover

uramadahan

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:59:18 AM

after the ETF "hype" nonsense bitcoin started having a small rise, it was never bullish. just as it is not bearish now that it has dropped from that rise. and it is not a "dump" this is just a market panic that was expected which has been the main reason why people haven't been buying bitcoin during that initial "hype" phase that i said. basically because they knew this would happen and newbies will panic for no reason.

Exactly!It was totally expected. Panic seller newbies make whales richer than ever.
easybtcearn2017

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:23:03 AM

ETF hype made BTC market very influenced since last two weeks. BTC market dropped down because of this hype as well as market nature of volatility. I think, as everyone assumed it before, it will make a small impact and start to recover soon.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:28:56 AM

the only thing that ETF did for bitcoin so far has been more drama and a lot of disturbance in the market and the trend that bitcoin could have had naturally. as it was said before we were rising already when the ETF bullshit started and caused problems. I am sure that if they never talked about it or if SEC rejected it the first day we were already at $9000+ by now.

the funny thing is, the same thing happened last year too! we had the ETF hype which caused a lot of drama and price went up then SEC postponed it and it dropped and ... finally when they rejected it the price dropped and as the drama ended price started rising back up again normally and healthily.

Only Bitcoin
TheRealAwesome31312

Activity: 136
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:30:45 AM

$200 Bitcoin may soon become a reality!
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:56:33 AM

I think this news is not true. Hopefully SEC will approve ETF decision. we have to just keep faith on BTC and hold it. Hopefully the price of btc will rise again.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:02:33 AM

Whatever CBNC fast money says, do the opposite and profit.

That's a good idea too, Don't buy the news but sell them with profit, I think this is exactly what they're doing, First spread the news, Second fool noobs into selling their bitcoins for cheap.
That would be great if we could see such prices again, I doubt it. If bitcoin price ever touches that low people would buy them all.
I think this news is not true. Hopefully SEC will approve ETF decision. we have to just keep faith on BTC and hold it. Hopefully the price of btc will rise again.
Read the news if you don't believe in this, We all know that bitcoin ETF always helps the price to pump, It doesn't matter if they approve it or not, The news is enough to pump the price. I think they know this by now that the news of ETF is good for the market and they are using such opportunities to profit from this volatility.
Heidim

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

And soon pigs will fly  Grin Don't do that, your crystal ball is obviously broken and the tea leaves are misbehaving  Grin
Letre

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:07:54 PM

It was a shocker for bitcoin users as ETF postponed till end of September. As the approval will take a time bitcoin’s price is again falling down and investors are in tremendous fear of loss. If the approval is given in September then the price can up again.
FireEye58

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:45:35 PM

Unfortunately, the price of Bitcoin has started to drop again. Many believes that this is due to the delay in listing and trading Bitcoin ETF by US securities and exchange Commission. It is delayed till September of this year. But I hope soon the price of Bitcoin will start rising again.
Stumbleupon

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

The postpone of the SEC regarding the approval of the ETF was a good call. This will give some time for the coin to rise a little bit, make the market and the people settle down a bit and for the panic to subdue.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:00:42 PM

Bitcoin dumping as a result of the SEC postponing a decision doesn't really strike me as a logical response to the situation, unless a bunch of people bought bitcoin, hoping for the announcement of an ETF approval by the SEC to then dump their coins in the resulting increase of BTC for a profit.

However, as a lot of BTC price movement is determined by very shortsighted and immature opinions, I'm sure the volatility will stay with us until we have a larger influx of steady hands.

But one potential benefit of the SEC moving into the space is preventing "insider trading" on the part of influencers. Say, to prevent someone like McAfee or Jamie Dimon from making bold statements for or against something while making a simultaneous financial move in that same market. Although I don't know if anyone is listening to Jamie Dimon anymore. His facilitation has been a little too obvious.

And we do need to remember that Bitcoin can be shorted now, so there are big players who can profit from moving the price of Bitcoin down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: