Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How anonymous and secure is the blockchain technology?  (Read 278 times)
Impulseboy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:10:24 AM

The crypto world is run via blockchain technology, but how can we be sure of its anonymity? How anonymous it is really? With hackers all around, do you think that maybe it is not so anonymous and secured after all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:54:22 PM

Well if I rate it. I think 8/10
Even you could have no idea who I am?
Right? Being cryptocurrency user it is hard to trace the identity of every individual.
ImpulseGhost

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:13:46 AM

Yes the blockchain technology is almost anonymous. The main fact is owners can't be tracked with it. Which gives the complete security to the owners. So it has the partial anonymity.
juljon18

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:19:57 AM

It's completely anonymous until you do something bone headed like fill out KYC forms and have everything connecting to your account.  If you do that then its less anonymous than the local bank.  Security is also unbreakable.  The only way you get hacked is if you do something stupid. 
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:09:53 AM

Blockchain is really a very secured technology than all others. But it is not completely secured as we can see fraud and scam happens on a regular basis.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:27:44 AM

The crypto world is run via blockchain technology, but how can we be sure of its anonymity? How anonymous it is really? With hackers all around, do you think that maybe it is not so anonymous and secured after all?

in terms of security blockchain is very secured compare to other internet related things for now why ?
lets compare facebook to blockchain technology.
facebook has a great security because they use an 84bit encrypted password and blockchain has morethan 4x of facebook.
do you see the big difference to this two? thats why i can say blockchain is the most secured thing that been made this era.
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:33:25 AM

Blockchain is absolutely secure, people may know that there are transaction happen but they don't know who did that. Cryptocurrency users can become anonimous as there are no link to their identity.

raging-creeper

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:52:22 AM

It's completely secure and anonymous.  However there are many mistakes you can make which can causes issues for you.  I see many blaming hackers for things that are their faults. Just keep your keys and password secure and be careful what you click on while surfing and opening emails. 

bocah cilik

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:56:08 AM

I think this is entirely anonymous because you are just exchanging public purse address when conducting transactions, with only his key public know nothing can be done all the hacker to know the contents of the wallet and the addresses that you use in the real world.
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:03:46 AM

Blockchain is a decentralized technology with  a global network of computers jointly collect the database .Blockchain  ledger is public and is maintaining anonymity means in Bitcoin for any transaction we give a false address and the real identity of the person is not revealed to anyone only the wallet is given that is why we say anonymous . We can say blockchain as pseudo anonymous the transactions are verifiable because you can trace the origin  but it hides the entire details.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
spazie

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:11:41 AM

I think Blockchain Technology can also allow transactions to be anonymous and secure at the same time, and every transaction that has been done on the network is recorded in a common tamper proof book using code and cryptography.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:14:57 AM

The crypto world is run via blockchain technology, but how can we be sure of its anonymity? How anonymous it is really?

Only our address and transactions as well are the things that can be trace in the blockchain and only our holdings can be seen to it so there's no way our identity can be known.

With hackers all around, do you think that maybe it is not so anonymous and secured after all?

Hackers can't steal our identity unless you went through a kyc of an ico and it gets compromise. Obviously, what hackers can steal is our coins so better to be careful in storing as well as clicking some sites. Always check the url bar of it's correct.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Horraygram

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:03:38 AM

I am confused about its anonymity.But what I know is most of the people think it as anonymous because people don’t need to attach any info that can identify them in wallet.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:26:13 AM

Block chain is a distributed ledger and it is very secure. To hack or alter the account of block chain a 51% attack is needed, that is a very costly affair.
Everything in block chain is in form of IDs or numbers, so it is fully anonymous. But being anonymous does not mean that it is not trackable, For a wallet, each and every transaction can be tracked, so make sure to keep your identity secure.

I am alive
ziro cent

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:06:16 AM

Blockchain is anonymous and secured. As far as I know about blockchain it is much secured and that's why more and more big companies are interested into this technology.
blackrain321

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:46:32 AM

I don’t think it’s completely secured. It is more secured than others. But it can be vulnerable as the size of the blockchain is very big. So if someone has the control over big portion of nodes, he can control the transaction
retprogramisto

Activity: 149
Merit: 34

💡 Websites, scripts for BTC web4crypto.xyz

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous, if you dont buy/sell with KYC or other personal information. You can also use Monero (XMR, https://getmonero.org) for better privacy. Monero has an obfuscated blockchain (you cant see who sent how much monero to who), while bitcoin has a transparent blockchain. You can buy monero with bitcoin with https://shapeshift.io and sell monero for bitcoin with https://xmr.to, or use a different exchange.

➡️  💡  𝗪𝗲𝗯𝟰𝗖𝗿𝘆𝗽𝘁𝗼  💡  ⬅️
Websites, scripts, crypto integration for BTC
✔️ Free consultation at Web4Crypto.xyz
SlashEject

Activity: 219

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

The blockchain technology might be the only best thing that has happened in this market which gives a viable sense of security. This keep a ledger of all the accounts and allows us to view it. We should not question its integrity. In fact it will be better if you do some research so that you will have assurance that how secure this is.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:15:11 PM

Blockchain give the advantage of being decentralized. And decentralized give the opportunity to being anonymous. And the blockchain technology contain some technology which are help to avoid third party and being sequre.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:23:47 PM

Its anonymous until you want to buy/sell bitcoin.
This required to match bitcoin address with your personal details. So any transaction after that is not anonymous at all.

Bitcoin should be improved upon privacy. It will happen in future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: