Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:49:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to buy ?...  (Read 795 times)
forestgunman

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:44:08 PM

I think no one can tell with confidence when is the best time to invest in bitcoin. Even though there is a guy telling you that it is the best time to buy bitcoin, you have to think twice and do your own research before buying.
Arching_wild

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

If you don't want to invest in the worst time, just don't invest all in a row but set a periodical small investment in different moments.
ICOpulse

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:21:13 PM

as for me, taking into account the maximum possible number of coins, the most promising and convenient are Litecoin and DASH.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:12:30 PM

Looking at recent price trends, you should buy at $6k and sell at $8k.
vvwvv

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:55:27 AM

today? i think it's a good place to buy now. price is low enough
neon1983

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:59:15 AM

Now! It's now and keep your faith
yevgen

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:26:14 AM

the price still will drop
I plan to get some on 5k
Honour423
Copper Member

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:45:59 AM

I’ve been buying in the mid $6,000s and selling in the mid to high $7,000s.  In the last few months it’s been going up and down fairly reliably. I only play with a couple of thousand dollars but it’s nice to get a couple hundred dollars for doing nothing with not a lot of risk. I just bought more at $6200 so I hope I’m not wrong.
rameyhong

Activity: 7
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:16:06 AM

As a side question, this part worries me more, say BTC reaches 1 Mil (lets just imagine) and you do have 1 BTC or more, which exchange will actually cash out that much money for you, is it even factual !?...

As far as I know, when the price of bitcoin reaches the highest price (as expensive as anything is it, or becomes 1mil as you say), I'm sure it is the price agreed upon by the bitcoin holder, or people are willing to spend that kind of money on one bitcoin.
ahdie12

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:20:57 AM

I'm not sure at what level it is safe to sell or buy Bitcoin. Since the cryptocurrency market is still very volatile, you can wait until the end of 2018.
aliitp (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:22:23 AM

I think you are missing the above point.
You think of bitcoin as something with a value in dollars / euro's / etc. The point that was made is that, íf bitcoin reaches 1 million, it probably means that bitcoin has become an accepted currency, therefor there would not be a need to exchange it anymore, you would use it like you would use cash right now.

If not, I'm sure that it will not reach that high of a value without potential buyers, so you won't have to worry about cashing in, if you would really want to.

Still, bitcoin is not legalized by a lot of countries, what if i have 10 BTC but i cant cash it out or use it even to buy stuff, this is my concern ATM since BTC hasn't become widely accepted, at least in my country here in the UAE i never saw a BTC ATM, and we have only one registered business as an exchange that's it  Grin I only see more and more miners TBH, and sadly not all exchanges found online are trustworthy and wont deal with international clients for some reason such as coinbase  Huh
aliitp (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:28:09 AM

Am just worried IF and WHEN BTC Makes a Big hit, (100 times the current price or so...) whether if any exchange would buy my BTC and cashing out for me or Reject saying BTC is just too high right now and we dont have enough cash !...
You don't have to think about it. When bitcoin hits that high prices again, people would love to buy it so these exchanges will keep opening their automatic buy and sell options.

And for your timing of buying, you have that strong feeling and add those positive replies from others. What are you waiting for? $6,400 is a good deal.

Am waiting to find a decent exchange to buy from preferably by VISA Grin Since am a newcomer, am thinking to buy 0.43 BTC and HODL, but lets not rush into things  Grin...
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:31:50 AM

I think now is a good time with the red market, so we can buy and we hold in the coming months with high selling prices, so we will also get better profits in the future,
aliitp (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:34:01 AM

If you buy a bit every now and then, you do cost averaging which makes it more viable. You also lower your risk. Think long term imo

Thank you that sounds just right !!...
Itzaman

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:05:40 AM

Nobody will answer this exactly. What can I say is that I did a little bit of study. It is better for you to buy when the price will get lower, like 6k 5k. It also depends what type of invest do you want to do. Long time holding or short time trading, it's totally up to you
Elmalla

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:19:50 AM

Bitcoin once fell below the $7000 bottom line, but I don't think it will fall below $5500. When the price of Bitcoin reaches $5500, I think a lot of purchases can be made!
phancongminh7

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:33:15 PM

Many speculations saying BTC can go as low as 5k or maybe even less, but nothing for sure, so is now the right time to buy ? or should we wait a bit longer for BTC price drops more ? of course am talking about buying considerably huge amount for the average Joe in $...

I have a strong feeling BTC was not created to settle at low 7k$ and a lot of potentials are yet to come...

As a side question, this part worries me more, say BTC reaches 1 Mil (lets just imagine) and you do have 1 BTC or more, which exchange will actually cash out that much money for you, is it even factual !?...

This time is good to buy. I sold my house to buy Bitcoin
chulos

Activity: 268

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:15:22 PM

Many speculations saying BTC can go as low as 5k or maybe even less, but nothing for sure, so is now the right time to buy ? or should we wait a bit longer for BTC price drops more ? of course am talking about buying considerably huge amount for the average Joe in $...

I have a strong feeling BTC was not created to settle at low 7k$ and a lot of potentials are yet to come...

If you think seriously about buying a bitcoin, i would still advise you to wait. In my opinion, bitcoin will still fall below $ 6000. Although i do not like it. Of course bitcoin and its blockchain technology are revolutionary. Its benefits can be seen in many ways. What the price of bitcoins will depend on the trust of the people in it and the amount of investors. $ 7000 is definitely not its final value, and will grow in the future over its $ 20000 maximum, but it certainly will not happen from day to day. If the bitcoin once reaches 1 million, do not worry, the currency exchange will adjust.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
aminurrahaman

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

Yes right Bitcoin has a huge potential to grow huge in future as its all time high is around $20K as of now, and at this time it going around $7K.
Let me tell you one thing that you can buy Bitcoin in an average basis or you can wait for ETF cause if result will positive then price will go far beyond you imagine or if result  will negative then price will dips around $5K or little bit low. So DYOR before investing.

If price will go 1M per Bitcoin then you do not need any exchange to convert into Fiat currency, cause then you can buy anything with Bitcoin. And off-course its possible but we have wait for that day, when half of the world using bitcoin not any fiat.
engrawaz

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:02:47 PM

well the best strategy that made the perfect sense to me is always DCA (Dollar Cost Average) in your buys.

Buy a portion of it whenever you feel that the price has fallen to the dip.
I think the ratio of you being able to predict the dip is so minuscule especially in this bear market. so your best bet is averaging your buy-ins.

As for Bitcoin reaching 1 Mil $, I would really wait for that discussion until that happens.  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: