Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Promising ICO, what's your metrics?  (Read 255 times)
btcphmark (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:47:04 PM

ICO investors often look for these> all-star team, low market cap, less than .1 in ICO price , working prototype, low hard cap.
Makes perfect sense and looks very ideal. BUT fails to realize that changes around crypto happens so fast , these factors are no longer exhaustive.

Governments are trying to get a piece of it for some form of control and govt can take down/ban ICO that don't satisfy the regulatory framework being implemented. Thus it's wiser to check if the crypto startup is working with the govt agency at least for 'legality' so your share of tokens are secure. 4

Take a look at the efforts done by this blockchain-based bank ( NO public sale , sorry ) https://technode.com/2018/08/06/taiwans-crypto-scene-is-booming-but-still-needs-a-clearer-regulatory-framework-to-thrive
The CEO, due to prior work with the government, has deep connections with the officials and has connections to ALL banks in Taiwan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:53:54 PM

The CEO, due to prior work with the government, has deep connections with the officials and has connections to ALL banks in Taiwan.

are you telling me that cryptocurrencies is regulated in Taiwan?
dagelan

Activity: 423
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:55:12 PM

I don't have specific metrics to choose which good and potential ico, I prefer to use the instincts and information available on their whitepaper, as well as good teams and promotions of course

btcphmark (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:31:32 PM

are you telling me that cryptocurrencies is regulated in Taiwan?

Not fully yet but regulatory framework on crypto concerning Anti Money Laundering will be developed by Nov 2018.
https://www.vantageasia.com/cryptocurrency-law-taiwan/
coinages

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:25:51 PM

I think we can not judge an ICO with specific metrics. There can be several possibilities which can make the task more confusing. Basically i look for their whitepaper and reviews on several platforms.
liripoop

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:28:07 PM

There are some metrics for me to judge an ICO. First of all i look for their vision in a long term. Then i check if their team is worthy or not. After this i go for a thorough research on them.
anhdat4

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:54:16 AM

I feel very lucky myself because I know early about great project SKYFchain. I'm pretty sure of its future. It is not surprising that it has already reached so many people, it is only proof that you will reach more people in the future. www.skyfchain.io
Billgates710

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

There are lots of ICOs are in the crypto market and there will be some new ones. But I prefer to choose any of the promising ICO by its information given in its whitepaper.
HeartDesire888

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:27:23 AM

In my opinion, recently bethereum is a new and promising ICO among the others.But you can check & compare other ICOs by their information, team commitment, clear target and best offers.
redrose8226

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:34:12 AM

I don’t have any specific merits for Choosing ICOs but it is mostly depends on the ability to use experience. So that you can learn how to analyze yourself to choose the best ICO by your knowledge and experience.
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:34:36 AM

From my side it’s not easy to find a promising ICO because there are many scams ICO exists within this. And if anyone is newcomer that’s should be more difficult to do this task.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:48:58 AM

ICO investors often look for these> all-star team, low market cap, less than .1 in ICO price , working prototype, low hard cap.
Makes perfect sense and looks very ideal. BUT fails to realize that changes around crypto happens so fast , these factors are no longer exhaustive.

Governments are trying to get a piece of it for some form of control and govt can take down/ban ICO that don't satisfy the regulatory framework being implemented. Thus it's wiser to check if the crypto startup is working with the govt agency at least for 'legality' so your share of tokens are secure. 4

Take a look at the efforts done by this blockchain-based bank ( NO public sale , sorry ) https://technode.com/2018/08/06/taiwans-crypto-scene-is-booming-but-still-needs-a-clearer-regulatory-framework-to-thrive

Sorry, don't buy your basic Premise, the limited number of ICO's that have been shut down thus far have been ones that are outright frauds that made false claims to investors (CENTRA). The coins that have been banned from exchanges in Japan were coins that offered anonymity like (DASH, XMR, ZEC). So, sorry I don't see that having a coin based in Taiwan whose CEO has Government connections will lead to anything but possibly a scandal if it is seen to be breaking the rules and getting away with it.

Dashaaraily

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:27:03 PM

Metrics is in not specified. It varies from person to person. It is preferred to use the information and instincts available on the white paper. Good teams and promotion should also be considered as well.
Broure

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

Metrics differ from one person to another. It is not specified. It requires proper knowledge and information that is provided on the whitepaper to done one’s own metrics. Team members can play a great role in this as well.
bonballi

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:21:23 PM

That’s will be great deal if anyone skilled and experienced to define which one is promising ICO. But it’s tough for newcomer and sometimes they traped by scams. So everyone need to be careful always.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 04:26:51 PM

This time, my opinion is, except your criteria above, we can consider ICOs from China, they rarely public information on Bitcointalk or other ICO-listing sites, but we can see that they often reached hardcap then after ICO and listed on exchange, Their token still kept the ICO price.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
rosstiller

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:03:26 PM

Particularly There doesn't have any metrics for promising ICO. Scamming has become very broad in this area so at first what need to be scrutinized is the idea, whether it feasible in the real market or not and most importantly the experience of team members.
LateMoveR52

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:28:58 PM

There is no specific metrics, it may vary from person to person in this market. It requires research, instincts, knowledge, and information provided on their whitepaper. But the most important factor is the team members. The background of each team member should be checked.
a2zC

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:05:24 PM

Definitely transparency regarding the information of the ICO, like having a proper team, huge community backing up the whole project and proper and realistic Roadmap are the metrics for ICOs in my opinion. I don't really look into the financial information much as they can change based on countries and type of operations.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:19:39 PM

I don't have specific metrics to choose which good and potential ico, I prefer to use the instincts and information available on their whitepaper, as well as good teams and promotions of course
Just to let you know that scammers can also write good Whitepaper, or even hire someone to write it down for and they are willing to pay thousands of dollars because they know they know they can get it back ten folds or more. For me I'm looking for a ICO that can touch others lives, that involves Medicine or Pharma or to improved livestocks or projects that harness the power natural or solar energy, or something like that. Reviews can be paid as well, so its not a good metrics for me.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀