Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E split from: BITCOIN NEWS EVRYDAY! From multiple sources.  (Read 2283 times)
BTC-e-scam (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:54:00 PM

News?  Why doesn't anyone report the TERRORIST CRIMES BTC-e.com is committing against  innocent US bitcoin users?

Average users are the heart and soul of bitcoin, but if they get scammed by BTC-e.com no one is willing to help?  

Lets all promote bitcoin, but ignore the victims of BTC-e.com. This only encourages FRAUD by BTC-e.com

BTC-experience-

1) BTC-e.com users gets account banned (bitcoins confiscated)
2) BTC-e.com users ask for help from- BTC-e.com, bitcoin foundation, coindesk, coinbase, etc - Screen shots, video proof - IGNORED

Repeat 2) IGNORED

Should be as simple as-

1) BTC-e.com users gets account banned (bitcoins confiscated)
2) BTC-e.com users ask for help from- BTC-e.com, bitcoin foundation
3) a)BTC-e.com responds and helps
    B) BTC-e.com refuses to help or respond

If b) foundation or coindesk or other reputable business, confronts BTC-e.com
4)IF BTC-e can't explain why/where the bitcoins were stolen then...
5) foundation or coindesk have public service announcement- BTC-e.com warning!

That's it! 5 simple steps to END the crimes BTC-e.com is committing or any company.

Until any attempt to protect the community is executes, more and more innocent people will get hurt, and it's preventable! Why can't people see this is a huge flaw??? Too busy trying to recruit new users, to help the users who become victims  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:36:08 PM

any proofs?

█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:41:55 PM

The owners are anonymous, nobody should put money there even if no scam had occurred. Cause when it happens you have nobody to go after, they are compeltely anonymous. People must be crazy to use their service.
Jeronimus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:56:51 PM

The owners are anonymous, nobody should put money there even if no scam had occurred. Cause when it happens you have nobody to go after, they are compeltely anonymous. People must be crazy to use their service.

Implying that not being anonymous protects people from losing their money. Wasn't the case with bitinstant and won't be the case with MtGox either if it goes down. If people knew they had a chance to get anything out of gox, they would all haste to sue them.

The only thing you can trust in, is if the service had a long history of being secure and fulfilling it's obligations. With Gox this was almost never the case in the last few months. Bitstamp also did some strange maneuvers with withdrawals not being possible for weeks without ANY public information to people fearing for their funds. Also, there were strange service outages very often in times of BTC tanking/shooting up. Could be ddos but could also be deliberate manipulation.

None of that happened with btc-e so far, and i was able to deposit/withdraw and cash out without issues in the past. That does not mean i trust btc-e. It just means i trust them more than any of the above mentioned services. 

As for the OP. I am pretty sure he is part of the smear campaign against btc-e that has been running for quite some time now. Including the hackers that got hold of a website to spread FUD

Quote from:
In February 2014, the website of the Russian Volgograd region's Prosecutor’s Office announced that BTC-e was under investigation, which CoinDesk reported generated “fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD).”[6] The office later issued a statement saying that its website had been hacked, and that hackers had posted the announcement.[6]

there are also many fraudsters in btc-e chat, which post links to malware, them getting their account shut and funds confiscated (you have to have at least $100 to chat).

Unless OP can give more details on what actually happened, btc-e could reply to, i fear he is part of a smear campaign i see unfolding since quite some time now, which his name also implies. (not being of some long term user with some history)
bananas

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

You are completely wrong, and people like you who makes the serial scamming possible. If one lost money for a non anonymous company it is just 'cause they thought it was not worth to take legal action, only one can help oneself in such cases. As people do nothing, they keep scamming.

Not being anonymous is the first, most elementar, requirement to trust someone.

Only thing i can agree with you is that we have no trustable exchange. Some are worse than others thought.

Implying that not being anonymous protects people from losing their money. Wasn't the case with bitinstant and won't be the case with MtGox either if it goes down. If people knew they had a chance to get anything out of gox, they would all haste to sue them.

The only thing you can trust in, is if the service had a long history of being secure and fulfilling it's obligations. With Gox this was almost never the case in the last few months. Bitstamp also did some strange maneuvers with withdrawals not being possible for weeks without ANY public information to people fearing for their funds. Also, there were strange service outages very often in times of BTC tanking/shooting up. Could be ddos but could also be deliberate manipulation.

None of that happened with btc-e so far, and i was able to deposit/withdraw and cash out without issues in the past. That does not mean i trust btc-e. It just means i trust them more than any of the above mentioned services.  

As for the OP. I am pretty sure he is part of the smear campaign against btc-e that has been running for quite some time now. Including the hackers that got hold of a website to spread FUD

Quote from:
In February 2014, the website of the Russian Volgograd region's Prosecutor’s Office announced that BTC-e was under investigation, which CoinDesk reported generated “fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD).”[6] The office later issued a statement saying that its website had been hacked, and that hackers had posted the announcement.[6]

there are also many fraudsters in btc-e chat, which post links to malware, them getting their account shut and funds confiscated (you have to have at least $100 to chat).

Unless OP can give more details on what actually happened, btc-e could reply to, i fear he is part of a smear campaign i see unfolding since quite some time now, which his name also implies. (not being of some long term user with some history)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

I'm confused, you dont get your coins taken if your account is banned. I held the record for the most bans on BTC-E at one point or another, its just a chat ban, you can still trade. I've also had an account deleted from BTC-E, that was after I requested them to delete it, and they asked me for a Bitcoin address to send the remainder of my funds to.

They are indeed anonymous, but what sort of legal protections do you think you would have if they ran off and you filed a police report against some people running an exchange out of Bulgaria?
bananas

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

I'm confused, you dont get your coins taken if your account is banned. I held the record for the most bans on BTC-E at one point or another, its just a chat ban, you can still trade. I've also had an account deleted from BTC-E, that was after I requested them to delete it, and they asked me for a Bitcoin address to send the remainder of my funds to.

They are indeed anonymous, but what sort of legal protections do you think you would have if they ran off and you filed a police report against some people running an exchange out of Bulgaria?

No police.
You hire a lawyer, judge orders to seek their money or properties to pay you. That's it but it has a cost.
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:50:55 PM

I trade on the BTC-E is more than two years and have never, NEVER had any problems.
Problems has only noobs who open links in chat and after that hackers break their accounts.

.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
bananas

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:11:31 AM

I trade on the BTC-E is more than two years and have never, NEVER had any problems.
Problems has only noobs who open links in chat and after that hackers break their accounts.

I read several histories of lost coins, but be it true or not. WTH is up with them being anonymous? How can you trust?
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:26:53 AM

I have also used BTC-E for a very long time, and never had any btc or altcoins lost, however, just like you silverston, the fact that we did not have a problem does not mean that anyone else do not have problems.

I do not click on any links in the trollbox, and to be honest, I think all links there should be banned altogether.

Accounts being hacked could be a simple case of beginners clicking malicious links, and then getting their accounts emptied, but we cannot also discount the fact that BTC-E might act in a way where they sometimes confiscate funds at will, or refuse to help random users.

A way to run an exchange could be to scam only a selective number of users, but not to such a large degree that users stop to use the exchange. This however would be quite unethical, but then again, some people are unethical. I'm not saying BTC-E is, but they're fairly known for providing extremely poor customer service.

The way I looked at is is that every time I send anything there, I mentally write it down as a possible loss, meaning that anything I send there I must be able to afford to lose.

Now - for accusations of scamming, it's necessary to collect as much evidence as possible, so make screenshots of transaction history, trading history, account details, account balance and everything else that matters, also note down all txid's, bitcoin addresses, and time lines of events. When presenting a case of fraud, be prepared to show all evidence that will not compromise your privacy.

Bitcoin foundation, Coinlab etc. will not help you with BTC-E problems, if they receive a large amount of complaints against btc-e with hard evidence, they might put up a warning against using the service, or being careful with it, that's as far as they will go.

This is an unregulated market, and then we as users must realize this.

I'm very sorry for anybody being scammed, but please prevent hard evidence when you bring forward scam accusations.
Kev888

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:06:56 AM

And I found a new exchanger https://bitchanger.org/ Smiley
No problems in trading in there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: