Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to calculate price of a crypto based on 24h volume and circulating supply  (Read 103 times)
amin20100 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 03:49:17 PM

Hi can any one suggest a formula that can calculate actual price of a crypto based on marketcap, 24hr volume and circulating supply or any other factor other than average price being traded on exchange websites?
Or any formula that can determine wether current price has bubble or is lower than expected?
i would appreciate any help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fendi23

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:33:10 PM

Hi can any one suggest a formula that can calculate actual price of a crypto based on marketcap, 24hr volume and circulating supply or any other factor other than average price being traded on exchange websites?
Or any formula that can determine wether current price has bubble or is lower than expected?
just focus on ome or two pairs tokens look in a day how many volume and circulating.when volume over 1 million i will biy those tolens

amin20100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

just focus on ome or two pairs tokens look in a day how many volume and circulating.when volume over 1 million i will biy those tolens
That's a good way of detecting when to buy, but i need a mathematical formula to calculate an actual price without bubble or downside
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:26:57 PM

That's a good way of detecting when to buy, but i need a mathematical formula to calculate an actual price without bubble or downside

No one ever does have and if ever they had formula I bet they won't share it to us and keep them for themselves only. I am sure of one thing, if the token you hold have large amount of 24h volume trading then I guess the current price you usually see is the actual one. But if the token is just a pump and dump then you will see it has low volume on trading in top exchanges.
amin20100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:35:53 PM

No one ever does have and if ever they had formula I bet they won't share it to us and keep them for themselves only. I am sure of one thing, if the token you hold have large amount of 24h volume trading then I guess the current price you usually see is the actual one. But if the token is just a pump and dump then you will see it has low volume on trading in top exchanges.

I saw it from some one, he could actually say the price of any coin has a buble or is less than expected price, but as you say, yes he didn't share it with me.
I was trying to find a relation myself and write a formula but i'm not so good at financial stuff, so i was wondering if anyone has ever came up with this idea.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:14:53 PM

You do not need any special formula to calculate the price of any coin in the market. You just want to complicate things for yourself. Just go to the coinmarketcap, the price and the volume you see currently is want you will work with.
amin20100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:28:00 PM

You do not need any special formula to calculate the price of any coin in the market. You just want to complicate things for yourself. Just go to the coinmarketcap, the price and the volume you see currently is want you will work with.
That's not my question friend, i know coinmarketcap gives you the price, but it is the average price being traded on exchanges.
I need this formula for prediction stuff.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:28:43 PM

I saw it from some one, he could actually say the price of any coin has a buble or is less than expected price, but as you say, yes he didn't share it with me.
I was trying to find a relation myself and write a formula but i'm not so good at financial stuff, so i was wondering if anyone has ever came up with this idea.
Most people don't get your what you're trying to say but I understand you very well. Am sure its part of tokenmetrics. I also wish I know how to do such calculations. An example is when if you know tokenmetrics, then you will know that the ICO price of bankers was very expensive.
amin20100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:30:28 PM

Most people don't get your what you're trying to say but I understand you very well. Am sure its part of tokenmetrics. I also wish I know how to do such calculations. An example is when if you know tokenmetrics, then you will know that the ICO price of bankers was very expensive.
Yes,  exactly, i should try buy the formula from the guy that had it, it worths the risk i think Cheesy
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:45:55 PM

Unfortunately, there is no such a formula which defines a price through a market capitalization and a daily volume because it is impossible. In fact, a price is defined by demand and supply in each moment of time. I think you should try to trade manually some time to figure out the system of pricing. A market capitalization and a daily volume  which you has mentioned are useful for some kinds of analysis but actually there is no formula which combines them together to yield a price.

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
amin20100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 10:00:33 AM

Unfortunately, there is no such a formula which defines a price through a market capitalization and a daily volume because it is impossible. In fact, a price is defined by demand and supply in each moment of time. I think you should try to trade manually some time to figure out the system of pricing. A market capitalization and a daily volume  which you has mentioned are useful for some kinds of analysis but actually there is no formula which combines them together to yield a price.
Well if you think about it, 24hr volume is demand and circulating supply is the supply, and surely there are some calculations to determine a price, the base prices don't come from the sky on exchanges.
So after the price is determined by some calculations this is the traders who adjust the price thay may add bubbles to the price or make the price lower than it must be, i'm figuring out a way to detect the ACTUAL price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: