Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The success of bitcoin in perspective  (Read 727 times)
Blinken (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:33:06 PM

I think it is pretty funny that the popular thing to do now is for minor economists to write one paper after another explaining how Bitcoin will never work and will go away a failure.

I remember back in the old days noone even heard of it unless you were a complete geek. It was like trying to explain servlet frameworks to a non-programmer. Now we have Reuters and the Wall Street Journal publishing articles every week. As far as I am concerned just getting a single article published ever in the WSJ would be total victory, yet we have them coming out constantly. It's hilarious all these articles predict the doom of Bitcoin. Well, hello, wake up, we have already won.

Titles like "Bitcoin plunges below $100" make me laugh. I remember when Bitcoin first spiked to $30 and the first news articles appeared, all announcing what an absurd "bubble" it was and equating $30 to a bitcoin was just a crazy fad. Now, it "plunges" below $100, more proof that the crazy fad is over. I wonder if they will still be writing these articles when it "plunges" below $20,000?

Keep writing those articles. I need my chuckles.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:44:44 PM

soon they will tire of writing negative stories and start writing positive ones

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

there next story:

Fiat gains users 1% per year profit, bitcoin gains more 1000x.
Fiat bought products costs more fiat per year. bitcoin bought products cost less bitcoins per year.

which will fail first?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:21:39 PM

the fact is there have been many negative developments in the world of bitcoin this year, so naturally journalists are going to write about it; that's their job. as the tide turns and positive events happen, they'll naturally write about them as well, which is what i've observed all along.

They're just doing their jobs, so don't shoot the messenger and all of that.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 05:23:54 PM

soon they will tire of writing negative stories and start writing positive ones
agreed i have seen alot of them already!
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

I think it is pretty funny that the popular thing to do now is for minor economists to write one paper after another explaining how Bitcoin will never work and will go away a failure.

I remember back in the old days noone even heard of it unless you were a complete geek. It was like trying to explain servlet frameworks to a non-programmer. Now we have Reuters and the Wall Street Journal publishing articles every week. As far as I am concerned just getting a single article published ever in the WSJ would be total victory, yet we have them coming out constantly. It's hilarious all these articles predict the doom of Bitcoin. Well, hello, wake up, we have already won.

Titles like "Bitcoin plunges below $100" make me laugh. I remember when Bitcoin first spiked to $30 and the first news articles appeared, all announcing what an absurd "bubble" it was and equating $30 to a bitcoin was just a crazy fad. Now, it "plunges" below $100, more proof that the crazy fad is over. I wonder if they will still be writing these articles when it "plunges" below $20,000?

Keep writing those articles. I need my chuckles.

Keynesians will be Keynesians. On a larger scale, when one goes to college you generally learn whatever is mainstream and practiced by the establishment in your chosen field. Naturally anything going against the grain will be met with opposition and even hostility. Unfortunately graduation is when many people stop learning. They're experts, equipped with the hubris that accompanies a degree... surely there is nothing more to learn... especially when their job at an establishment publication depends on it.

There are many who think they've missed the boat, proven by how low some are willing to stoop to grab cheap coins and increase their position at the expense of others. Just look at the amount of FUD over the Gox debacle and the effects. These are the same day traders who are content to lose money day in and day out, yet are quick to sell the second Gox proves incompetence. Where was that itchy trigger finger last year when Gox twice crashed the market, then repaired its trading engine? What have we learned about investing? What do we really understand about Bitcoin in the long term? Not much apparently.

Protip: If Gox comes through this, it will have been the best accumulation opportunity in Bitcoin that I've seen thus far. And a good thing too, as the coins will be distributed from the weak hands once again, making the market more resilient in the future. God knows we're gonna need it.
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:30:54 PM

there next story:

Fiat gains users 1% per year profit, bitcoin gains more 1000x.
Fiat bought products costs more fiat per year. bitcoin bought products cost less bitcoins per year.

which will fail first?

Potentially, I see a different world unfolding. A world where Bitcoin is increasingly being blamed for the poor economy, unemployment, homelessness, hunger, crimes, etc.

They will say it's Bitcoin's fault and the fault of people using it.. People using crypto's are killing the stock market, the economy and the nation...

Remember what William Randolph Hearst did to the hemp industry that challenged his forestry, paper, textiles and news businesses?

Refer madness, baby.

Remember alcohol prohibition?

I always try to prepare for the worst though.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:47:40 PM

This year has only been filed with doom and gloom headlines and no one is writing good stories on Bitcoin which is annoying when there are good things happening with Bitcoin.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: