Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THOR] THORCOIN | ASIC RESISTANT | PoS | Join the THOR Community!  (Read 75946 times)
Stoxcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:11:48 PM

Thorcoin website is up.

http://thorcoin.org

The Thorcoin clients has been updated also to include checkpoints and the 3D logo.

Download now.
http://thorcoin.org/download.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xamda

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:28:16 PM

Cryptopool.eu has nearly 100% of the network hashrate.........  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PLEASE SWITCH TO OTHER POOLS BEFORE THIS COIN DIES!!!

And just why would the coin die because of this?

As long as cryptopool.eu is running, every miner is fine and so is the coin. They only accept invited miners now and their number of miners is not increasing very fast.
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:34:57 PM

Cryptopool.eu has nearly 100% of the network hashrate.........  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

As long as cryptopool.eu is running, every miner is fine and so is the coin. They only accept invited miners now and their number of miners is not increasing very fast.

Now, THIS is something I would expect the coin developers team to answer.
If they don't feel the responsibility to explain how cryptocurrency works to their users, then I say let it die. Honestly, I'm too tired of this.
You guys let the greed blind you and you fail to see what is happening.

Let me explain it to you in simple words. Suppose I gave you a machine that prints US dollars. Real US dollars. And in a completely legal way (if possible).
And you started to print for yourself, your friends and family...

How long do you think it would take for the US dollar to have the value of a little more than a photocopy's cost?

That's why it's bad for the coin. The coin's algorithm is programmed in such a way, that if a block is found by 2 wallets, the one who has the more difficult PoW is preferred and the other is rejected. Now if a wallet has more than 51% of hashing power, can you imagine who's blocks will *only* be accepted, if he wants to do so?
And if he controls the block chain, he also controls the way transactions and blocks are saved/generated/verified.

In plain words: he can play God with the coin. Now, imagine you don't hold any of Thor coins. Under these circumstances, would you be willing to buy some of these coins, when it could be that at some time, God decided that your coins never existed?

Think about that...
Xamda

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:51:22 PM

If they don't feel the responsibility to explain how cryptocurrency works to their users, then I say let it die. Honestly, I'm too tired of this.

Let me explain it to you in simple words. Suppose I gave you a machine that prints US dollars. Real US dollars. And in a completely legal way (if possible).

How long do you think it would take for the US dollar to have the value of a little more than a photocopy's cost?

That's why it's bad for the coin. The coin's algorithm is programmed in such a way, that if a block is found by 2 wallets, the one who has the more difficult PoW is preferred and the other is rejected. Now if a wallet has more than 51% of hashing power, can you imagine who's blocks will *only* be accepted, if he wants to do so?
And if he controls the block chain, he also controls the way transactions and blocks are saved/generated/verified.

In plain words: he can play God with the coin. Now, imagine you don't hold any of Thor coins. Under these circumstances, would you be willing to buy some of these coins, when it could be that at some time, God decided that your coins never existed?

Think about that...

It is rather strange then that in fact not all blocks are found by CryptoPool.eu, because they are not...

mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:58:34 PM

Think about that...

It is rather strange then that in fact not all blocks are found by CryptoPool.eu, because they are not...
[/quote]

I clearly stated that he has the power to do whatever he likes, not that it is happening automatically.
If he wants, he can make the blockchain go back in time (say even 100 blocks) and create a fork. Many things one can do with such a huge take over.

Didn't you see what happened with CEX.IO some weeks ago? They stopped accepting new registrations because they were near 33%, not the situation we are having in our hands with Thor coin.
Read the white papers about how cryptocurrency works. We all need to do it. It's not so simple as: Mine with the strongest...
There are rules that if broken, the whole system falls apart.
Xamda

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:04:50 PM

Think about that...

I clearly stated that he has the power to do whatever he likes, not that it is happening automatically.
If he wants, he can make the blockchain go back in time (say even 100 blocks) and create a fork. Many things one can do with such a huge take over.

Didn't you see what happened with CEX.IO some weeks ago? They stopped accepting new registrations because they were near 33%, not the situation we are having in our hands with Thor coin.
Read the white papers about how cryptocurrency works. We all need to do it. It's not so simple as: Mine with the strongest...
[/quote]

That is assuming CryptoPool.eu are bad guys out there to create chaos or kill the coin.... Several coins have total domination by one pool and they are doing quite well.

CryptoPool.eu is not accepting new users and therefore this problem should be deminishing over time. What would like them to do? Throw out miners alredy mining there?
ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:13:21 PM

Think about that...

Xamda... just stop.

Just because they don't find ALL the blocks, doesn't mean they can't control it.

What will happen if their site is hacked? their server is hacked? Are you going to say "you were right" then?

I suppose you would just rather sit back and let it happen?  No, the community needs to stand together and spread the hash evenly. There are plenty of pools to join. Sure you may not get as many pieces of the pie by going to another pool now, but you'll increase the health of the coin in the future, thus making it more valuable.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 04:19:38 PM

Think about that...

That is assuming CryptoPool.eu are bad guys out there to create chaos or kill the coin.... Several coins have total domination by one pool and they are doing quite well.

CryptoPool.eu is not accepting new users and therefore this problem should be deminishing over time. What would like them to do? Throw out miners alredy mining there?
[/quote]

What you just said is the key to a coin's success or destruction. Assuming.
Do you give your money to a bank without a receipt?
a) If you do, good luck with that.
b) If you don't, why don't you? Is it because you assume that the bank will keep the money for itself since there's no evidence that they are yours?

In Market's world, there is no "assuming". There is "insuring". And the coin as it is right now is the exact opposite.
As to what I want cryptopool to do, I don't want them to do anything. It's their mess, let them clean it.
I am just trying to understand whether it worths it to keep supporting a coin that is not supported by the founders as it should, or not.
Thorcoin (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:30:17 PM

New Faucet
http://faucet.thorcoin.org/
ClutchThese

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:33:25 PM

lol

Stoxcoin

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:41:26 PM

I have rearranged CryptoPool.eu to the bottom of the pool list at http://thorcoin.org/pools.html until the hash spreads out. The QQ groups need to be added.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 05:43:58 PM

Could you please change the url of my pool?

http://thor.pools.mindfox.net

Thank you
Stoxcoin

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:02:17 PM

Thank you

Done
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:29:59 PM

Thank you

Done

I saw that in your site you have the command line also. Could you change the stratum as well?

stratum.thor.pools.mindfox.net:3342

I wish I knew that page, I would have asked you before.

No wonder I'm chasing flies Cheesy
dannygast

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:34:50 PM

Think about that...

Xamda... just stop.

Just because they don't find ALL the blocks, doesn't mean they can't control it.

What will happen if their site is hacked? their server is hacked? Are you going to say "you were right" then?

I suppose you would just rather sit back and let it happen?  No, the community needs to stand together and spread the hash evenly. There are plenty of pools to join. Sure you may not get as many pieces of the pie by going to another pool now, but you'll increase the health of the coin in the future, thus making it more valuable.

Xamda, Could you please read, and understand what is said here.... this guy knows what can happen, and is not accusing anyone. And what would you do, if you had this god powers,...
Xamda

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:07:10 AM

Think about that...

Xamda... just stop.

Xamda, Could you please read, and understand what is said here.... this guy knows what can happen, and is not accusing anyone. And what would you do, if you had this god powers,...

I have read and I understand, but I beg to differ. I know too what CAN happen, but that would require that this pool was in it to destroy the currency, which is highly unlikely. And if I had these "God powers", I would not destroy the currency since I am in it for the money...

This situation occurs from time to time with altcoins and still these coins are alive and well, because there is no gain in disrupting the currencies.

If miners would just choose another pool, the problem would be solved, but the miners want most bang for the buck and go with the pools they believe will deliver this.

I understand the concept of 51% attacks, but I think the risk for them to actually happen is rather small.

I will always choose the pool that will bring me the most profit, which does not necessarily has to be the largest pool.

What I asked earlier in this thread was also - what can this pool do? Kick out the miners to make them go elsewhere...? Do you really think that would benefit them? The other pools just have to offer something better and then miners will start spreading the hashing...
ClutchThese

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:10:49 AM

I G M   baby!

I got mine!

koteka

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:27:03 AM

hasratte
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:40:52 AM

devs,please use the premine to make this coin on a bigger exchange
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:14:31 AM

n factor change today right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: