Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:50:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FER] FERENGICOIN  (Read 36774 times)
ferengicoin (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:29:34 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 08:47:10 AM by ferengicoin

If this wallet don't sync very soon I'm going to sell you out to the Dominion!  If I could sync, I'd mine this bitch...

EDIT: Third try on the coin.conf got it. You won't be seeing any Jem'Hedar just yet...
Good news for me, Jem'Hedar are bad for Ferengi business.  Grin

Come, now, there is always a way to profit!  

So, How you greedy bastards doing?
Grin A lot of work.

@dev

You doing anything with this bitch? Ferengi are not noted for being lazy...

I mined a fair amount, just to show the love. I'm a trekkie and DS9 was my second favorite series. But in the end, it's about the universal greed, and a coin with no tradeability is a useless thing to acquire.
 Don't worry, its a full time job. Cheesy When you noticed the silence on this thread it doesn't mean I watch baseball or buying couple of margarita's for me and my GF on the Risa - the Pleasure Planet. "Rule 6.  Never let family stand in the way of opportunity". Grin Maybe you wish to know what I did this weekend? Possibly you do.

I didn't have time to do anything except working for Ferengicoin, but I really enjoy doing it, because I am big fan of Star Trek and Ferengi too, my favorite one is DS9 too and I watched couple of episodes between the work that I was doing for FER. Smiley I understand your concern and really am grateful to you and other people who mine and support Ferengicoin asking questions and making suggestions. I watch closely every of 2 pools that mine Ferengicoin and I check node popularity to make sure that I am not too far away from any event. I know that today hash rate has grown to 3.3 Tera hash, compared to yesterday less than 2 and peaked to almost 7 Terahash global FER hash rate reaching 350K difficulty this week. I know it was most popular SHA-256 coin in the pool today according to its has rate.

So, this is the list of what I did: I was searching for reliable and not expensive hosting provider, so far I found Ipage to be highly recommended by most people and Justhost on the second place. "Rule 3.  Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to".

I have prepared and sent letters to few exchanges that might review FER as their candidate coin, pointing to that may be best features of Ferengicoin. I understand that there are too many coins on the market and FER global hash rate is still very low, but considering FER potential to grow they might refuse it now, but accept it later. We shouldn't wait for exchange operator to accept FER, we shall build the market for FER from whatever we have and once we do it, exchanges will gladly take FER under their roof.

I have contacted few merchants and proposed FER to be accepted as their payment method, in addition to whatever coins they already use. It is not easy to get new coin to be accepted by merchant until that coin is easily exchangeable for Bitcoin, therefore to make my offer sweeter, I proposed them few ad incentives and bounties and most importantly I offered them alternative market method that may help FER to become part of the trade: the deal is to make them accept Ferengicoin as partial payment method toward their products and services, the rest paid in BTC or any other coin that is already listed on the exchange. Once FER is listed on exchange or is easily exchangeable on Ferengicoin trade platform, then they might switch to FER as 100% payment, not partial, but until then FER can be accepted as partial payment. This is great chance for Ferengicoin to become part of the market. For example: merchant might have products or services that he or she wants to charge for 1 BTC, but in order to sell what they have, they would be ready to take a little risk and accept part of this payment let's say equivalent of 0.2 BTC with coin that is still not listed on any exchange, such as FER. Therefore they take this risk and estimate that approximate amount of FER will be worth that much in BTC in let's say one-three months when Ferengicoin is listed on the exchange. They possibly would bargain their price and reduce it to 0.9 BTC or 0.8 BTC if really have to sell, however by taking 0.2 BTC off the price and replacing it with FER coin they don't feel offended and are not completely losing 20% of price as a discount. They take something that might worth that much or more, because they will account it by actual estimate, but FER might grow much more in the months to come. Although I cannot offer merchants BTC bounties and cannot pay them 100% in advance, because some might pretend being merchants just to get free bounty from me in exchange for promise to accept FER as their payment method. I am very interested in trade partners, but it doesn't mean that I will accept any proposal that might be financially harmful or doubtful. I will not accept proposals from people or businesses that are not honest or within the law either, because I am not fictional character like Quark and cannot take the risk or damage FER coin reputation by myself.

I have prepared and posted the formula that will help calculating estimated FER price required for trades and exchanges among miners and FER users, until Ferengicoin is accepted by exchange. "Rule 18.  A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all".

I have tested few VPS to find best one for seeding node.

I have prepared but didn't sent message yet to one of the escrow services to apply it toward any trade that will occur within ferengicoin.org site. People will have the option to use escrow and feel safer when they deal with each other.

Within few days I will relocate web site and add more interactive content, including: forum, classifieds, chat and maybe something else. I wish I could find good and possibly free faucet and some games of luck or any games that uses FER. I have invented few games that may work, but it requires time and patience to make it all happen. As you can see, I do a lot of work and am personally motivated to make FER popular and as expensive as possible. If it reaches the price of 0.0001 BTC/FER I will be more than happy and it would make many people happy too, those who mined FER and trusted in its future.

I tested Noah advertisement script and few more scripts to determine which one will suit as temporary trade platform until FER will be listed on the exchange and even then, people might choose to continue using it as trade platform for their services and products, just like bitcoinclassifieds or stuffcoins or Doge subreddit. It won't be fully automated yet, although with time, more options will become available and make FER appealing to people who do not consider themselves "trekkie". I noticed that some people considered Quark on the coin logo as offensive, ugly, etc, I guessed, how is this possible? Then it enlightened me: they never watched Star Trek episodes. They don't know who Ferengi race was, but in contrast to these people some people from India told me that Ferengi means alien (outsider) in Hindu language and they showed interest in the coin, due to this linguistic fact. I would be glad if more people will consider FER as their favorite for whatever reason it is. Wouldn't you? Because we "trekkie" are small population nowadays, we need more people to understand the idea. Its not only about money, its about being happy and being social. Some people like me love Ferengi concept because they are "trekkies" too, but some miners might find it very useful tool that has re-animated their old ASIC equipment. Miner might have as little as 2-5 Ghash ASIC power and feel betrayed and abandoned by SHA-256 algo. They might remember that not long time ago their equipment was profitable and important in terms of hashes per second, but now the profit that they get from this equipment makes it obsolete, until Ferengicoin has arrived! 120,000 (350,000 on the peak) difficulty against 4,250,000,000 BTC difficulty, sounds very attractive! Even CPU miners are there, mining Ferengicoin and FER motivates them, they are important miners once again. I remember how I felt as an outsider within miner's world when I started mining BTC with CPU, then NVIDIA Geforce 210. People laughed at me and made all kind of jokes, telling me that I have to abandon Nvidia as soon as possible. I have to agree, they were right, but it doesn't mean that I did wrong by mining on Nvidia, it was my first and beautiful experience. I can imagine that people with limited resources or knowledge in mining, might be grateful for this chance again to be part of mining world with just CPU or any GPU or ASIC, they are the family of Ferengicoin, they are not outsiders like I was when I started to mine my first satoshi. Smiley Those who never had the chance to mine BTC with their CPU, they feel the moment, they enjoy being part of something important. Those miners who feel nostalgic by almost forgotten low difficulty BTC mining, they can experience this moment once again. Although FER does not match in price to BTC, it doesn't matter, because later it may worth something, possibly never even 1% as expensive as BTC now, but even if it reaches 0.01% of BTC price - Ferengicoin miners will be more than happy that they started their old and new ASICs to work for FER. It actually motivates SHA-256 mining again by using low hash rate ASICs, GPU or even CPU mining. FER is like new DOGE, the meme coin, but SHA-256 algo instead of Scrypt!

Ferengi rules and their conduct, maybe not the ideal business model by our definition of morality, but it has some charm. Most of us are judgemental and bothered by moral issues, sometimes being targeted by critics, if we show a little love for money. It shouldn't be the problem, because being or willing to become successful, means that enthusiasm with which we try to achieve happiness is in our human nature and happy people feel joy in helping those in need, if they deserve help. Successful people don't like to offer gifts to those who don't show traits of creativity, pursuit of knowledge or are lazy, but shall we blame rich people for that? I hope not.  Even though Quark was not the best example as Ferengi philanthropist - his logic, sense of humor, social skills, perceptiveness and sometimes even courage are good examples that we can adapt in our lives and modern world needs more people like Quark. Ferengi philosophy??? Smiley "Rule 41.  Money talks, but having a lots of it gets more attention".

Feel free to ask more questions and I really appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Pool bounty received, thank you!  Still plenty of room for more miners at http://fer.pitythepool.com

Just setup another permanent node for those of you having a hard time getting the wallet to sync, these below should all be good:

Code:
addnode=54.194.99.126
addnode=188.165.194.96
addnode=98.174.25.28
Thank you very much for setting up additional Ferengicoin nodes. I will post nodes IP addresses right now.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

Hello again. My first couple posts weren't serious. I was just playing with you, and I mined this for a few hours for fun. Right now my miners are engaged for about 30 hours, but after that post? I think at least half my hashpower is going to FER for a while.

I can't really improve on what you're talking. Over at Earthcoin, we're also looking into the partial payment idea, and I believe it has merit. If we come across any takers, assuming the rest of the team is agreeable, I'll recommend they talk to you as well. I'd appreciate reciprocation. Customers are everywhere Cheesy

One thing I would suggest is add the "getnetworkhashpersec" method to the wallet. It's a bit disconcerting to not know the total network. I'm not a real deep delver in code (yet!) so if there is another method that I'm unaware of, I'd appreciate knowing what it is Cheesy

Best of luck, Lots of Latinum, and tell Morn to shut up!

Kevin
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:57:28 AM

coingirl, stop spamming posts here.

I like the whole concept of the coin. I think the people at scfi-ex dont like it or think its a GPL copy. First step would be to make friends with scifi-ex imho. From there there maybe other exchanges would come along. Does the client support multi-sig?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

miner7788

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:50:39 AM

thanks for your bounty
bounty received  Wink
Russian translation
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527431

TWITTER ◣                        ☆☆☆✩✩✩✩ IAME ☆✩✩✩✩☆☆                        ◢ WHITEPAPERJOIN
                     WEBSITE ◣                         ☆✩✩Fragmented☆✩✩                         ◢ MEDIUM            ◢ AIRDROP
         TELEGRAM ◣                        ☆☆☆Identity☆☆☆                        ◢ FACEBOOK     ◢ NOW
ferengicoin (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:25:44 AM

Hello again. My first couple posts weren't serious. I was just playing with you, and I mined this for a few hours for fun. Right now my miners are engaged for about 30 hours, but after that post? I think at least half my hashpower is going to FER for a while.

I can't really improve on what you're talking. Over at Earthcoin, we're also looking into the partial payment idea, and I believe it has merit. If we come across any takers, assuming the rest of the team is agreeable, I'll recommend they talk to you as well. I'd appreciate reciprocation. Customers are everywhere Cheesy

One thing I would suggest is add the "getnetworkhashpersec" method to the wallet. It's a bit disconcerting to not know the total network. I'm not a real deep delver in code (yet!) so if there is another method that I'm unaware of, I'd appreciate knowing what it is Cheesy

Best of luck, Lots of Latinum, and tell Morn to shut up!

Kevin
Thank you and cooperation between both teams sounds like great idea! Feel free to PM me once your team feel ready and beneficial for them to join our forces. I know I have to correct the issue with total network value, there is no other way around it, unless all active pools manage to share this info among them and display the sum of all pools hash rates, but it would be cumbersome and this method won't account for solo miners, therefore correcting the code is more reasonable.
Best of luck to you too!  Wink

coingirl, stop spamming posts here.

I like the whole concept of the coin. I think the people at scfi-ex dont like it or think its a GPL copy. First step would be to make friends with scifi-ex imho. From there there maybe other exchanges would come along. Does the client support multi-sig?
Thank you for your support. I know that some people at scifi believe that I simply copied the concept and we had short discussion about it, on this thread. I never intended to affect GPL popularity in any way. I didn't plan to win the market by opposing GPL in competition. I didn't launch Ferengicoin as competition. When I decided to launch Ferengicoin, I was more concerned about short description (FER) and coin name itself not being used by anyone else as cryptocoin. I was certain that Quark and Grand Nagus from Star Trek wouldn't feel offended by this move. I searched as much info as possible and didn't find nothing similar in name, therefore I was certain that it won't offend anyone. GPL (Gold Pressed Latinum) is the payment method that Ferengi and other races used for their trade. I wanted to make Ferengicoin as concept that describes Ferengi race and never had intention to affect negatively any other coin on the market by FER presence. Tomorrow someone may invent Nagus coin or QuarksBar coin, it doesn't matter. I will be happy to know that Ferengi is one big family of coins. I hope that GPL did not have as much trouble with Quark coin, since both may believe they damage each other reputation, but I am certain that Quark team has never mentioned me as their opponent, considering that fictional character on FER logo is named Quark. I believe GPL is not and will not become less popular because of Ferengicoin and wish them to prosper. I hope that GPL dev. team had never encouraged cold war against Ferengicoin, but the fans may like me or not, I cannot make them friendly by changing timeline. Someone will always hate Ferengicoin or GPL and someone will always love them. With time, Scifi community will notice that my intentions are clear and friendly. Some time in the future hopefully they will accept Ferengicoin in their family and we will mutually benefit each other. Nobody likes someone new and noobs are famous for being treated unfairly. Ferengicoin is the noob for Scifi community, what can be done to correct its status? Only patience, friendliness and time. I read your posts at Scifi and know that your intentions are friendly and that you wish Scifi community to accept FER as much as I do. I appreciate your advice, but neither of us can make it happen sooner than it may.  Wink I guarantee that I will make everything I can to make friends within Scifi community, because Ferengicoin belongs there. We are one family, but still have to learn to understand each other.
Ferengicoin wallet does not support BIPS 16 multi-signature protocol yet.
Molex1701

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:53:45 PM

Someone call me on subspace, I'll be in the Divine Treasury a while, when there profit to be  made.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:05:01 PM

http://fer.pitythepool.com now displaying proper network hashrate and est. next difficulty numbers
mamamia2014

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:16:41 PM

Be honestly, your logo is too ugly and your op is hurting my eyes.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Sx75uvAc2oXuJo4wzDAHodx1SYbtGzbhhT
ferengicoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:42:09 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 07:13:01 AM by ferengicoin

Be honestly, your logo is too ugly and your op is hurting my eyes.

Thank you for your input. This is fictional character Quark from Star Trek - Ferengi race. They have 285 rules of acquisition and one of them is rule 147:  New customers are like razor toothed gree worms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back. http://projectsanctuary.com/the_complete_ferengi_rules_of_acquisition.htm

http://fer.pitythepool.com now displaying proper network hashrate and est. next difficulty numbers
Mortimer, thank you for this important update. Is network hashrate located on the same page as pool hashrate?

Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:21:15 PM

Mortimer, thank you for this important update. Is network hashrate located on the same page as pool hashrate?

You must create an account and login to view the net hashrate, it is on the Dashboard page.
ferengicoin (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:30:44 AM

Thank you very much for your help and advice!  Wink

https://www.icurrex.com/coin_poll

Keep voting guy
30 mins for 1 vote i did not see any other vote but me.
3 iphone plus my pc
Your support is very important, I appreciate your help.  Wink The list of exchanges that your proposed is very useful and I will add Ferengicoin to all of them within few days. I had plans to list 2-3 exchanges to avoid too much distraction, but I agree with you that adding few more exchange links might be a good idea.
coinano

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Coinano.com Digital Currency Exchange Platform

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:59:39 AM

Hello FerengiCoin Community

We have added FER to our voting poll
You can vote for FER at coinano.com/vote

Our reward system will give a different and exciting experience.
Be online, trade safely&funny and always win !  
Happy trading !!

More Info  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527950.0
Visit us   www.coinano.com
Follow us  https://twitter.com/Coinano

allcrypt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

We were about to add this to AllCrypt.com but we do not use private source code.

Get the code up publicly on github and we'll install.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
ferengicoin (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:20:13 PM

We were about to add this to AllCrypt.com but we do not use private source code.

We will do as you suggested. Thank you.
ferengicoin (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:05:42 PM

Source code uploaded: https://github.com/Ferengicoin/fer
chiznitz

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

FER won today's voting contest and has been listed on all 3 markets at www.cryptoaltex.com

https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=BTC&coin=FER
https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=LTC&coin=FER
https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=DGC&coin=FER

If you have any issues please enter a ticket @ https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com

You can also visit us on irc.freenode.net  #cryptoaltex

Thanks all

Chiznitz

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

FER won today's voting contest and has been listed on all 3 markets at www.cryptoaltex.com

https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=BTC&coin=FER
https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=LTC&coin=FER
https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=DGC&coin=FER

If you have any issues please enter a ticket @ https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com

You can also visit us on irc.freenode.net  #cryptoaltex

Thanks all

Chiznitz

On exchange now guy, get some before too late.

Upcoming .....vendor will be big and worldwide Smiley

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
abalam

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:23:33 PM

FerengiCoin [FER] is now on Europex : https://www.europex.eu/#coin/btc/fer
Only 0.12% exchange fee
Only 0.00002 BTC fee for instant BTC withdraw
Tach916

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:27:44 AM

Is there a working link to the windows wallet?
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:33:40 AM

Is there a working link to the windows wallet?

The old wallet work fine tho ?

Just give it sometime to get connect

Website
Whitepaper
Discord